Speed exploit or Positional geometry?

If a guy wanted to become a hunter - would you send him to go listen to a professional colorer's advice on how to hunt. So ja makes total sense for non pirates to come in here and "teach" you how "pirates pirate" lol. Its a circus in here - flipping hilarious. Live in space for a year or more in his shoes as a pirate - till then your opinions are hearsay versus someone with real experience. Easy.

I understand why Xane feels the need to come public with the way they are treated. But these things should have been dealt with silent in game with game tactics - there is always a way. You cant expect to reason with unreasonable people - especially when they are your targets lol

Yeah I know but two things. 1. just trying to get ahead of this ban :) 2. Most if these people don't understand what the hell they just read XD

I know of Ada but thats a bit of a stretch. ;)
Just a tad ;)
heh, I knew the name but didn't know it was lord Byron's daughter. Guess the name comes from Nottingham been the city of lace

Fascinating isn't it! Ah I never knew that about Nottingham :) Ada sounds quite the character, well ahead of her time :)

Last edited:
Yeah I know but two things. 1. just trying to get ahead of this ban :) 2. Most if these people don't understand what the hell they just read XD

Have to agree with Xane here - given the amount of planetside stuff support is dealing with and the amount of time they spent on understanding the alpha space which was left behind from mindark 5 years ago - i wouldnt wonder if he got in trouble for 'intended' exploiting even though it was just some logical thinking and applying the correct interception course.

i also added a complaint about harassment by the way. after first kill he came back to space station. waited for me to repair and fly again to shoot me down again while it being obvious i wasnt carrying loot as he didnt get anything on the first kill either. pure harassment

All i can do it laugh.... It's not

We don't do any calculations it's all intuition, you know like the force, developed from doing it about 10k times.

Instuituion or not, If the one you are chasing have the same speed and change directions at some intervalls, that will not help much. You would have the same chance cathing them going straight toward them. But of cource if the one your are chasing is stupid enough to just go in a straight line.......

Perhaps this would put the math and distances into perspective.
Basically there can be a slight decrease in distance. I included the old rough & ready way of calculating the gain.

sidestrafingtrichording_a.jpg

So the way out is to try to keep parallel to the attacker, so you can keep protecting your 1 carried dung.

If you guys were more organized and disciplined you could decimate these hypocrite MS owners businesses without a single ban and even less ammo spent with just quads in less than two months. They have more to loose than you guys and since they refuse to stop asking their passengers to exploit the logout loophole and abuse the harassment clause then take their businesses away the smart way.

But hey - thats what i would have done if i were still a pirate. This is your thing - good luck - im done here.

Just got shot down by Xane, support sent to mighty unicorns of the space! :D
Gained more from being shot down than just stupidly spent time in space.
Now i understand how it works and its simple, people here just trying to prove it mathematically to people that have no cule of math. Hence its all in vain and thread is 10 pages long.
Whenever pvp is involved discussions are long because obviously someone is hurt. Been living in entropia pvp for 10
Years and its always the same butthurt for people who expect to not be shot at.

Thanks for valuable chat Xane and gl to your spacemath troll education ;)

Cheers
/Soko

Last edited:

I reject all of your versions of Reality and Pythagoras theorem and insert my own summary above. :yup:

And if you are using cheathacks and shit like that, well I hope you got it coming to you. :p

I reject all of your versions of Reality and Pythagoras theorem and insert my own summary above. :yup:

And if you are using cheathacks and shit like that, well I hope you got it coming to you. :p

Funny...whenever I try slamming on the breaks, the pirate just stops and gets free shots at me......also barrel rolls seem to do nothing in EU except make me wonder which way is up. :laugh:

Last edited:
for the fun of it and to prove it i was flying to a pretty random point in the direction of somewhere around cyrene though no waypoint or anything marked and not directly horizontal as well

bla bla bla dude why are you still talking.....wheres the video? We want to see the video!!!

So the way out is to try to keep parallel to the attacker, so you can keep protecting your 1 carried dung.

Seriously no one should ever carry dung into space (I don't) it's MU is too high.
Besides I get kicks knowing ammo costs ped for a No Loot msg at end. :rolleyes:

Mega No! I reject your version of reality and insert my own!

Well maybe for 25 seconds or so ha ha ha :p

*disclaimer ty Adam and Jamie of Mythbusters fame for a great quotable. Miss the show. ;)

Last edited:
Mega No! I reject your version of reality and insert my own!

It's fine to do so, I insert my version of reality 4 years before Windows XP was even released.

Yep, there were space games even in the 20th Century.

Anyway, Jet Set Willy had POKE 35899,0 for .... I'm not even going to explain it.

Stuff happens in multiplayer games, and even more stuff happens in games for money.

atomicstorm your comment about having problems hiding your boner because you are a math nerd was really funny and the only math in this thread that I understand :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

#space_flight ~ where pilots advertise to grow their business

It's fine to do so, I insert my version of reality 4 years before Windows XP was even released.

Yep, there were space games even in the 20th Century.

Anyway, Jet Set Willy had POKE 35899,0 for .... I'm not even going to explain it.

Stuff happens in multiplayer games, and even more stuff happens in games for money.

lol i do remember wing commander series well, and all good. :laugh:
That clip reminds me of other 3D0 games Shockwave series, Daedalus, & maybe a little of Starcontrol 2.
And yeah money... it was just ~$800 just for 3D0 console back then and all went belly up for not generating new interest/new players beyond high income households. Hmmm sounds familiar somehow :scratch2:

Anyways I did play descent series before all that and affordable by all, shareware as i recall.
Just glad that reality has long been supplemented by higher graphic games... :eek:

According to your figure and real physics, no you wouldn't catch up that makes no sense.
But in EU and in space pressing diagonal direction while flying straight increases your speed. Now if you want to have a discussion to talk about if that is a glitch, exploit, or as intended we can do that.

BTW - you are back already? And doing "the same shit" I don't know what I expect..
I'm glad I don't log in...

GL on the next ban.

lol i do remember wing commander series well, and all good. :laugh:
That clip reminds me of other 3D0 games Shockwave series, Daedalus, & maybe a little of Starcontrol 2.
And yeah money... it was just ~$800 just for 3D0 console back then and all went belly up for not generating new interest/new players beyond high income households. Hmmm sounds familiar somehow :scratch2:

Anyways I did play descent series before all that and affordable by all, shareware as i recall.
Just glad that reality has long been supplemented by higher graphic games... :eek:

OHHHH SHIIIT Bump for posting Descent!!!!!!!! Wow.

According to your figure and real physics, no you wouldn't catch up that makes no sense.
But in EU and in space pressing diagonal direction while flying straight increases your speed. Now if you want to have a discussion to talk about if that is a glitch, exploit, or as intended we can do that.

BTW - you are back already? And doing "the same shit" I don't know what I expect..
I'm glad I don't log in...

GL on the next ban.

Man crawl back under your rock, you are clueless. How many people have already demonstrated that this is totally possible?

Are you stupid ???

stupid.gif

atomicstorm your comment about having problems hiding your boner because you are a math nerd was really funny and the only math in this thread that I understand :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

#space_flight ~ where pilots advertise to grow their business

:) yep even emw in his latest neg rep episode acknowledges my massive boner.

Jokes and delicious tears aside, I never cared for geometry much. But still gets me goin...

Holding the strafe button increases your speed by about 40-50% in a Quad. I've only tried this planetside, but can confirm it works, no question about it.

Haven't tested it in space.

Holding the strafe button increases your speed by about 40-50% in a Quad. I've only tried this planetside, but can confirm it works, no question about it.

Haven't tested it in space.

So what your saying is....you have nothing of value to add to this discussion XD

But hey - thats what i would have done if i were still a pirate. This is your thing - good luck - im done here.

Why didn't you when you were a pirate? Failure to get organized is always ever everybody else's fault...

I think in practice using this technique the best you could hope for is about a 40% reduction in distance between you and your target.

if you did the spam map thing you'd catch up easilly like some of the pirates used to reach targets that are far away.
Easy to see when its used cos the other player starts rubberbanding like mad

I have no dog in this fight, but I found it amusing how few ppl have understood that math and real physics can't be separated.
Now look at the next sentence very carefully and remember it. Math IS the reality!
Goes for physics, goes for everything we call "real" in this (non-virtual) Universe.

Interestingly, what's similar between the real Universe and it's virtual copies, neither are actually "material" as we used to imagine in the early 20th century. On the quantum level it's just a vast soup of quantum bits of unverified information... This is the "reality", uncertain field of probabilities, with particles randomly popping in and out of existence all over the place... In the end, the *only* thing that's certain in this Universe is math. Physics is nothing, just an "illustration" for some of this math nothing more.

I'm not good at math btw, but to make a fool of yourself page after page by not understanding simple geometry, that's a whole new level. Cheers to those few who're not painfully stupid, pirates or not! :wtg:

And btw, wonder when somebody picks up our victim wasn't even horizontally leveled...

the only way he can catch you if he knows were you are going let me explain

player A is going to planet B that 10k unit away

player C knows were player A is going so he position himself away of players A 1000 unit but 10k from planet B

so yes he can catch him if he uses this tactic there both away from the other planet the same distance

but if he directly behind or 11000 unit from planet B he not going to catch up

he has to know were your heading for and position the same distance to were your going the start dont mater its the place arive that matter

Any possibility that this is just a simple programming mistake? :scratch2:

Max speed of a quad is 57.6 km/h.

If MA have forgotten to limit the top speed accordingly when strafing, we get ((57.6)^2 + (57.6)^2)^1/2 = 81.46 km/h.

And coincidentally, 81.46 / 57.6 = 1.414 (An ~41% increase in speed)

And another question....does gravity work in space? Is it possible that MA forgotten to code that out too? And so your speed increases slightly when you approach from above your target?

Back