Eviscerator Damage change ??

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
According to EP the EV-1 has 50 damage (30% stab and 70% electric). I am wearing T-Bird armor, 6B plates. I have 8 damage protection for stab and 62 for electric. How do I get a 46.4 damage without it being a crit-hit ?
Just wondering what is happening.

TIA for the info and BTW this has just starting happening.

you need more stab

you cant way over protect the elec anymore how armor works was changed like 2 years ago

Srry wrong post

Last edited:
its definitly decent in stab, with stolen and 5B they hit under 10. thats 22 Stab & 12 Electric

With MyBaalz Armor the only thing that hits it is Five-dollars face...

With MyBaalz Armor the only thing that hits it is Five-dollars face...

That's for people with ED or dwarf penis syndrome. It has special protection. I prefer the Improved Deez Nuts armor.

Such a constructive set of posts in this thread...

CozMo - I'll do a decay test when I get the chance tomorrow and post some results here.

Hmm Interesting thread i only hunt up to Gen 4 - I have always used ghost 6b which always seems to work, I can handle 3 at a time before it gets very hairy. These are one of my most regularly hunted mobs and I haven't noticed a change in the damage types over the last 2 years. The only change I noticed is the spawn south west of Osere is now higher generation.

you need more stab

you cant way over protect the elec anymore how armor works was changed like 2 years ago

I m not sure what you mean. I have always used t-bird and can do up to lvl 7-8 with some healing. How did the armor change and why all of a sudden I am seeing this now? and not 2 years ago. When posting it seems that I am being rude with the last statement but I am not and please don't take that way. It would be different if we were face to face.

My take is unless the mob can vary it hits i.e one hit is 30% stab and 70% electric and the next hit would be 70% stab and 30% electric and I don't think that can happen. I don't see how the armor could change it protection. i.e. either it has 8 stab and 50 electric or it doesn't, I just don't think that would change either.

For one of the other posts, my armor was not at a low level and all was equipped. I die fairly fast when a piece goose bad :).

Such a constructive set of posts in this thread...

CozMo - I'll do a decay test when I get the chance tomorrow and post some results here.

Thanks. Does that mean you think the stats on the armor are incorrect ?

It could be that prehaps a new attack was added maybe a pure stab strike. Similar to rextelums pure acid strike entropedia only allows for average dmg stats over time. I know entropedia says rext only do cut/imp but mayhem with its 30 acid takes less dmg then suprem on the smaller ones. Remember MA doesnt always tell us they made changes to something.

Thanks. Does that mean you think the stats on the armor are incorrect ?

Unfortunately entropedia is out of date on a lot of things, and while a few years ago there were a lot of people interested in accurate testing. Not as many nowadays, so yeah, I think the dmg types could be wrong.

It is odd that you've noticed it change recently when we haven't had any balancing VUs, but I'll check it and get back to you.

Unfortunately entropedia is out of date on a lot of things, and while a few years ago there were a lot of people interested in accurate testing. Not as many nowadays, so yeah, I think the dmg types could be wrong.

It is odd that you've noticed it change recently when we haven't had any balancing VUs, but I'll check it and get back to you.

For sidxx, I think that MA doesn't always tell us is an under statement, it should read MA would not tells us poop if their mouth was full of it,LOL.

Ok so;

Rx Optac 2 = Did not decay.

Cut = No
Imp = No
Pen = No
Shrap = No
Burn = No

Kobold = Did not decay.

Cut = No
Imp = No
Burn = No
Cold = No

Pulsar 4 Plate = Did not decay.

Acid = No
Imp = No

CDF Scout = Did decay.

Cut = No
Stab = Yes
Imp = No
Burn = No
Pen = No

Armor Plating Mark.5E (L) = Did Decay

Imp = No
Shrap = No
Elec = Yes

Through the combinations, you can see that it is only Stab and Elec damage types.

As for %'s, watch this space..

Using Vain t2 + 5B (63 Stab, 9.9 Elec)

Dmg range = 20-45 on Gen04

Using Vain t2 + 5E (55 Stab, 32.9 Elec)

Dmg range = 1.0-22.x on Gen04

I can't say anything ultra conclusive here as I don't have the time or money to test Thunder too, but it looks like the damage types are fairly accurate. If it had been changed to more Stab, then I think that I would have seen lower hits with the first setup.

Looks accurate to me.. There might be some possibility for a "special" high stab attack, but again, I didn't see any 1.0's on the first setup so I doubt it.

Using Vain t2 + 5B (63 Stab, 9.9 Elec)

Dmg range = 20-45 on Gen04

Using Vain t2 + 5E (55 Stab, 32.9 Elec)

Dmg range = 1.0-22.x on Gen04

I can't say anything ultra conclusive here as I don't have the time or money to test Thunder too, but it looks like the damage types are fairly accurate. If it had been changed to more Stab, then I think that I would have seen lower hits with the first setup.

Looks accurate to me.. There might be some possibility for a "special" high stab attack, but again, I didn't see any 1.0's on the first setup so I doubt it.

"1000 CFD has been awarded Aio for this post"

Hah, CFD, that was fun. Pity we can't have it again...

On topic, I'm still suspicious so I'll try to critical-hit confirm the max dmg of evi's first, then look at getting a thunder set.

Will update the Creatures thread on damage totals & hopefully proportions here.

after reading that thread, im almost tempted to loan out my tbird to get an answer.

all in all, what would be beter, tbird+5b or stolen+5b for high gen evi?

i edited the evi's damage distribution on entropedia from 25% stab / 75% elec to 50% stab / 50 % elec.

you should check the armor advisor again. your armor and plate selection may change according to the modified damage distribution.

Can anyone give any refference for this change? Guess I should go through the VU notes for the period I've been away. Thank you :)

Can anyone give any refference for this change? Guess I should go through the VU notes for the period I've been away. Thank you :)

Let us know what you find.

Well what I do know is how it used to work: suppose a mob would do 30 dmg, stb+cut and you would have 40 cut protection and 0 stb, that would lead to 1.0 hits from the mob, cut protection absorbing all dmg through protecting the whole damage. First time mentioned by Pham, when he started an epic thread regarding kreltin's acid damage, where people in Angel were providing proofs with 1.0 dmg. i understand this mechanic was changed, so distribution would be hard at each hit. Either that, either probability, so x% hits would be pure stab in my example, y% would be pure cut and z% would be combinations.

I do have same problem with berycled, but quite complicated to test.

However, why would you use t-bird with 6b? That is a generous overprotection on 50 dmg from gen1?

If your armor is UL, maybe you had a blonde moment and one of your pieces is 5% condition or unequipped? These would be obvious scenarios. If is (L) and you wear all pieces, that leaves room for a single explanation, that this mob (or more of them) has hits of pure dmg, in this case pure stab (as per General's description of Rextelum), but then again it could be 46.4 only if you wear UL armor and that particular piece has a tt condition of about 30% (in order to affect Tbird's 8 stab vs. evis 50 dmg).

Oor they been added a new dmg type and had a 46.4 hit on that dmg, but considering Aio's test, that is quite out of the way.

Last edited:
Back