2016 So Far

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=3]2016 So Far![/h][h=4]Greetings Entropians![/h]The MindArk team has been hard at work on the upcoming Version Update 15.10, and we’d like to take this opportunity to share some previews of the VU, as well as review some of the progress made so far in 2016.

Earlier this year we implemented a new Dynamic Event System, which has been used to create some very exciting Robot Invasion events on Planet Calypso. The Calypso team will be releasing an additional Robot Invasion dynamic event suitable for lower level avatars in the upcoming release.

MindArk will continue to expand and improve this system based on data and feedback from the Calypso implementations, and provide increasingly powerful and flexible tools for our content producers and Planet Partners to create engaging dynamic and storyline driven events in the future.

One of the exciting new features that will be implemented in VU 15.10 is an expansion to the Housing system that will enable production of resources from CLD Plot estates. The first type of production to be implemented will be Gardening, allowing CLD Plot estate holders to grow various plants that will be used in the construction of new components for crafting.

Entropia Pocket, the new smartphone app featuring a two-step authentication code generator to complement the existing Gold Card security system, is currently in soft launch and is scheduled for full release in the fall.

ComPet (www.competgame.com), is currently in open beta and the ComPet development team continues to integrate feedback and improvements in preparation for the full ComPet launch.

Finally, our marketing team would like to share some promising statistics from MindArk’s intense marketing efforts over the past year:

• the number of active participants has grown by more than 51% over the past 12 months.
  • in-game revenue has grown 10% year-on-year for the first 2 quarters of 2016.

All of us at MindArk would like to thank you for your dedication to Entropia Universe and for helping to make the first half of 2016 so exciting. We look forward to continuing to improve the Entropia Universe platform in the second half of 2016, as well as presenting a wide range of exciting events and content for all of our participants to enjoy!

Best regards,
Klas Moreau
CEO MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
How depressing that nearly 9 months into 2016, that's all they got. :laugh: And where is the "preview"? :scratch2:

Finally, our marketing team would like to share some promising statistics from MindArk’s intense marketing efforts over the past year:

• the number of active participants has grown by more than 51% over the past 12 months.
  • in-game revenue has grown 10% year-on-year for the first 2 quarters of 2016.

Always nice to hear some good news, especially news like this

Anything for mid-level average non-investors?

Always nice to hear some good news, especially news like this

ORLY
I wonder if those ppl who only see the sky falling ever read this message.
Hi das helen@ opalo really val3ntin tami mac karisma whatever etc.

How depressing that nearly 9 months into 2016, that's all they got. :laugh: And where is the "preview"? :scratch2:

People moan when MA give's no update news and when they do people still moan. I believe the preview bit is about gardening on plot deeds.

One of the exciting new features that will be implemented in VU 15.10 is an expansion to the Housing system that will enable the production of resources from CLD Plot estates. The first type of production to be implemented will be Gardening, allowing CLD Plot estate holders to grow various plants that will be used in the construction of new components for crafting.

There are TOO MANY resources in game already. With gardening we will just have more useless resources and I am pretty sure gardening will die off as fast as "resource gathering" profession a.k.a. Tree cuttin did...

ORLY

I would like to point out that if you're not in the upper echelon win in TT land, it is very easy to see and believe that the sky is falling. The populace on PCF, the game community in all its toxicity, or mindark does very little to improve the situation. It is the same psychological behavior/condition that the poor have with the economy they are involved in... whether inheritantly correct or not. Most behaviors like this at least start from a seed of reality and grows into a tree of irrationality.

Inb4trolling
But, really, isn't this just a form of trolling? :laugh:

The farming thing sounds interesting, but I suspect it's just a modification of the land area mechanics. Select a crop type, feed the fertilizer hopper, and collect your crops. Maybe they'll ad a requirement for new farming and harvesting skills. Guess we'll find out.

This is some exciting news. I'm interested in seeing how the Gardening pans out even though I myself won't be able to use that feature for a long time at my current pace of play.

But, really, isn't this just a form of trolling? :laugh:

The farming thing sounds interesting, but I suspect it's just a modification of the land area mechanics. Select a crop type, feed the fertilizer hopper, and collect your crops. Maybe they'll ad a requirement for new farming and harvesting skills. Guess we'll find out.

Well of course it is.... :)

The only thing missing is a mention of dozens of bugs & inconsistencies being fixed. Little things that don't break anything but tend to be rather irksome... like the event scoreboard not updating properly at the end of an event, inconsistent UI behavior (the mouse control changes depending on what terminal or window is opened).

And an ETA :)

ORLY

I read the message, I read it as, here we go introducing new shit before we fix the broken shit.

When did I ever say the sky was falling, there is a lot of shit I don't like, but I'm still here and depositing regularly, so you can go fuck yourself.

Where is my space update? Cargo missions?

Exactly :

According to this post :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?282836-State-of-the-Universe-Address-2016

Space
Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to the development of content and systems for space. Some of the space projects on our radar include:
Galactic transport & space missions.
Space vessels - improved balance, modules, upgrades and new ship classes.
PVE space content, including new space creatures.
Improved PVP space gameplay and balance.

Im hoping that the upcoming VU will have attracted your primary focus as promised.

I would like to point out that if you're not in the upper echelon win in TT land, it is very easy to see and believe that the sky is falling. The populace on PCF, the game community in all its toxicity, or mindark does very little to improve the situation. It is the same psychological behavior/condition that the poor have with the economy they are involved in... whether inheritantly correct or not. Most behaviors like this at least start from a seed of reality and grows into a tree of irrationality.

Smartest thing ever written by guy with uber echelon dpp^^

ORLY

Dumbest thing ever written by guy with uber echelon dpp^^

"OMGizzards! Everyone is STUPIDZ because they don't get same loot as me because they dont have my uber LEVELZ and my uber DPP and my uber GEARZ! They should never complain that the game is unbalanced or needs bugs fixed!!! I live in Candyland and everything is candy candy candy!!!" - Debbi91

Stick that up your pipe hole and smoke it.

"OMGizzards! Everyone is STUPIDZ because they don't get same loot as me because they dont have my uber LEVELZ and my uber DPP and my uber GEARZ! They should never complain that the game is unbalanced or needs bugs fixed!!! I live in Candyland and everything is candy candy candy!!!" - Debbi91

+rep for a good laugh :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Also... those wanting a space update should check back in 2025... just saying.

I've said enough in previous threads about VU updates and the piss poor state of EU for non-uber players.. So I just don't care anymore. Bring on the deflation plz.

Wood omg yes gardening.

Hope the plot owners who invested in the plots for farming will not get that pissed off that we will not be able to grow fruit. :(

Entropia Pocket, the new smartphone app featuring a two-step authentication code generator to complement the existing Gold Card security system, is currently in soft launch and is scheduled for full release in the fall.

Prefer something better and well tested like (otp) 1 time passwords to replace the entire existing verification system like ie. Yubikey for security.

toxic_olant_info.jpg

more damn component blueprints? Yeah...

Why not just rework the ones that already exist and/or create uses for the ones that already are in game that don't have a lot of uses already?

I never dared to activate my Gold Card because of the known problems with it. It will take even longer to gain trust in a new system with yet unknown problems. Until then, I rely on decisions I can control myself for password security. But I don't agree with those who would shoot down the effort to try and come up with something better. Wish them all the best.

Space is a different beast. In essence, you're developing a whole new game. PE/EU wasn't conceived as a space game and what we have right now is rudimentary, pre-alpha at best. It currently is just an abyss to keep the planets from crashing into each other and has yet to be filled with content. Competition is fierce, there is a plethora of great space games out there and many years ahead in development (examples of which are forbidden to be named in this cybervenue). They in turn mostly lack in planet content (examples of which are forbidden to be named in this cybervenue). To get both realms right and captivating for the player base is obviously difficult for a big company, so much more difficult for a small one. So don't expect anything quick. If wishes were horses...

"The first type of production to be implemented will be Gardening, allowing CLD Plot estate holders to grow various plants that will be used in the construction of new components for crafting."

No no no no no no no no no no no no, don't you f***ing dare introduce new components and new bps for crafting. We already have the vast majority that arent used.

MA will never bloody learn!!!

Rgds

Ace

• [*]the number of active participants has grown by more than 51% over the past 12 months.
    [*]in-game revenue has grown 10% year-on-year for the first 2 quarters of 2016.

Originally Posted Here

I hope you can count to 10% because of how you express yourself in forums you clearly show you can't.
10% increase is 10% increase no one is talking about gear or anything but you don't have to come here and talk through your ass all day long about nonsense and put a bad image on MA.
Anger management problems? solve it outside the forum , find a girl I guess or in your case maybe something else.
By the way who did unban this monkey? he just escaped from its cage in the middle of the jungle.Someone should put him on medicine again.

Back