Eldaii

Provider
Society
Started from the bottom
Eldaii Silverwave Robonaught
hi, after years I just noticed this ->

sans_titre.jpg

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/1/0/5/8/sans_titre.jpg

well, im not mad, there is clearly europe here, we can obviously see france, spain etc

so did MA/Caly really used a google earth file for their planet model? :D that's a bit weird imho^^

thought it was fun sharing

I don't think so.
it's just a slight coincidence.

Well the continents are called EUdoria and AMEthera for a reason :)

Really nice you noticed this !

Maybe humour of MA team ?

Although it indeed does look like western edge of Europe, there is also a land bridge between "Europe" and "Africa", as well as an inland sea east of "Vienna"/"Prague".

Whoever drew that just lacked imagination.

I'm not surprised. I also noticed from the beggining in this world both a ship name and 3D model of it are royalty free stuff (I think at least) and used from MA.
1. Sleipnir (common ship name in more than one MMO)
2. The 3D model of this ship it appear in other alpha/beta MMO's and apps.

So this texture if it is earth after all isn't odd at all

1. Sleipnir (common name ship in more than one MMO)

In all fairness, it's much deeper with EU. Lots of Caly stuff is bases on Norse mythology, old weapons (Ull, Odin, Heimdall), most of vehicles, even vehicles' parts - note how Sleipnir's gun is aptly named Fire of Hel. So it's not a blind borrowing. The only reason why, say, EVE uses same names is because they, being Icelanders, draw from the same nordic legacy.

'Sleipnir' took me 3 years to remember how to type, I still prefer VTOL and dont get me started on the tank name.....

Anyway, what has that to do with thread topic?

:topic:

The planet below cant be Earth, not enough cloud over the UK - I can see bits of Wales. ;)

In all fairness, it's much deeper with EU. Lots of Caly stuff is bases on Norse mythology, old weapons (Ull, Odin, Heimdall), most of vehicles, even vehicles' parts - note how Sleipnir's gun is aptly named Fire of Hel. So it's not a blind borrowing. The only reason why, say, EVE uses same names is because they, being Icelanders, draw from the same nordic legacy.

That being said, all the vehicle models came from 3d-model websites.

On topic, the picture you've shown has some similarities to a picture of Earth. In the same way I have some similarities to a horse - I have eyes, I breathe air but.. I'm not a fucking horse.

We're going to have to wait til VU20.0, CryEngine 6 when we get dynamic & seamless transitions from Caly to CP with all models being scalable.

Just one more reason Lefty should have a planet ;) I can make good stories built on most of the Western world's most ancient myths...

We're going to have to wait til VU20.0, CryEngine 6 when we get dynamic & seamless transitions from Caly to CP with all models being scalable.

I don't think this will hapen. Too complex for MA's server code. the space is on a own server parc, and there is no world between the planets and space or between planets. It needs to download the space world and the single planets. Otherwise you would need to have all planets and space in one world, splitted up to all server zones. But EU is splitted up to have one planet at one world, the space at one world, the noob tutorial at one world.

next problem would be, that a 3d world/landscape is flat and not round as a planet is.

You see the problems?

Back