settings-ce.cfg

Aeris_is_back

Stalker
Society
My FL
Darcy Aeris Wood : was Darcy Aeris is Back Wood
Been messing around in this file to make the game better reflect modern hardware and its capability's. I'm having problems getting the game to span three monitors in windowed mode. I was able to get it to display 1914X1010 once. Now any changes I make are reverted when I try to save them.

When it was working I was able to edit the cfg file in notepad ++ save and then hit apply in game and the settings would take affect but this is not working now.

Any ideas?

Little edit:

MA already said in a support case they do not advise playing in this file, but they wont have a go at me if I do. please no doomsayers =)

Last edited:
Make it read-only once you have saved your updates? Sometimes works.

Hey Aeris, I had same issue and thought MA locked the file as at a certain point I wasn't able to open it at all. Solved disinstalling / reinstalling EU.

DRM

p.s. saw now Aio's post: I tried to play with attribs too, but didn't help in my case (prolly I messed a bit causing me not to open again the file, lol)

Make it read-only once you have saved your updates? Sometimes works.

I did try that but it never worked.

Hey Aeris, I had same issue and thought MA locked the file as at a certain point I wasn't able to open it at all. Solved disinstalling / reinstalling EU.

DRM

p.s. saw now Aio's post: I tried to play with attribs too, but didn't help in my case (prolly I messed a bit causing me not to open again the file, lol)

I was hoping to make two batch files for launching the launcher and have the batch file configure the cfg file for each way I want the game set up. Reinstalling all the time wont work with this. This game could run on a calculator I don't see why they feel the need to limit us when we can push things much further.

Its not like I'm trying to 360 the fov, I would hope that's locked, or the servers DC you if they see it.

Don't hit apply. Open the graphics window in game. Make changes to the file and save. Then X out of the graphics window in game and it will resize your window.

Don't hit apply. Open the graphics window in game. Make changes to the file and save. Then X out of the graphics window in game and it will resize your window.

Just gave this a shot with the upper and lower X. The upper one did nothing and the lower one overwrote the settings I made.

deactivated

Last edited:
Back