Entropia Universe: Law & Order

Status
Any town with a police department funded by traffic fines can inform you this is a road to hell.

Manipulating markets: $50 bucks?

How much is a DUI? $7? I'll take 3.

twaxf5l.jpg

Manipulating markets: $50 bucks?

How much is a DUI? $7? I'll take 3.

twaxf5l.jpg

Anger management problems? solve it outside the forum , find a girl I guess or in your case maybe something else.
By the way who did unban this monkey? he just escaped from its cage in the middle of the jungle.Someone should put him on medicine again.

You could claim diminished responsibility.

A player found.....

Found by who?

I'm sure MA have mode to punish if is needed.
No need additional police profession in game.
A bunch of noobs who don't do anything, do not decay, do not consume, just spy and watch around?
No thanks!

All of which rests on "findings" and judging like in court. Much drama.

Many cases of abuse are (a) difficult to determine what happened, (b) difficult to make a good call as to whether what happened was abuse, or (c) both. MindArk staff have a limited amount of time. How would we, as players, prefer they use that time?

My first priority would be on making glitches and lag much less likely to interfere with me looting my kills, and my second priority would be on fixing (replacing) Space. Oh, and Rubio, B101, Proton et al should NOT be auctionable, plzkthx.

What are your top 5 ways you would like MA to use employee time?

why does a hunting bot have the highest fine?

while i dont agree with 3rd party software to help you grind, i dont really view these people who do use these tactics as totally bad for the game.

players get cheap kill points from them when they are found so the "botter" is punished. they pay for nothing in some cases for hours.

they cycle ped which is good for MA. and thus good for the rest of us as their losses and ours pay for the servers to stay up longer.

what is the difference between a hunter botter and crafter that clicks shit while they are at work or sleeping or watching tv?

tbh i dont really care what MA decides to do with those guys, but really they are hurting themselves more then anyone else ingame.

while i dont agree with 3rd party software to help you grind, i dont really view these people who do use these tactics as totally bad for the game.

players get cheap kill points from them when they are found so the "botter" is punished. they pay for nothing in some cases for hours.

they cycle ped which is good for MA. and thus good for the rest of us as their losses and ours pay for the servers to stay up longer.

what is the difference between a hunter botter and crafter that clicks shit while they are at work or sleeping or watching tv?

tbh i dont really care what MA decides to do with those guys, but really they are hurting themselves more then anyone else ingame.
A hunter botter gains Health and Evade.

A hunter botter gains Health and Evade.

so does everyone else. they paid for it its not as if they get it for free by botting

so does everyone else. they paid for it its not as if they get it for free by botting
A bot that does nothing but find a new red dot after each death, gains skills for free. More to the point, they skill up without actually playing the game, to later seek acclaim for what they have not done.

A bot that does nothing but find a new red dot after each death, gains skills for free. More to the point, they skill up without actually playing the game, to later seek acclaim for what they have not done.

interesting, ive never heard of a technique that allows a player to just look at a mob and gain skills for free, care to elaborate?

ive seen players stand at the edge of a turrets range and take damage for the free evade.
ive seen players run continuously into a mob spawn and die repeatedly for the free evade.

but in both cases no bots are needed or used.

how about the sweaters? they dont decay or spend they just soak free MF skills and evade and sweat.. ban them too?

furthermore, how about the space craft pilot taxies they just fly around with little need to be at the pc and still get paid.

must be some sort of exploit. :rolleyes:

Gaining skills while afk is not really something out of the line - anyone can go buy bunch of skill chips and become uber overnight without ever playing the game. Yes most ppl (me included) instinctively dislike bots but as long as they don't give any economic advantage, technically there's no difference if an activity is automated or not.

Like Sidxx said, if you find a hunting bot, congratulations! This is your day, a chance to make some free ped. Totally legal too... :)

There has been theories about MA's hidden punishments. Like, trading for RL money. In most cases it's impossible to prove. Yes I gave this guy whom I had never seen or spoken to before a mod fap for free and he never gave it back. Most likely I got paid outside game which is forbidden by EULA, but I can always say well this is my business if I want to make precious gifts... and MA can never prove anything.
What they can do is switch you to "no loot mode" for a while... and you can never prove anything. Nobody could ever prove any of this, maybe they are doing it or at least were doing it in the past, maybe it's just coincidences and lot of imagination, idk.

Anyway, leaving our feelings aside, the only thing that hurts this game (and indirectly, all other players) is something that gives you undeserved economic advantage. While botting or actually playing, doesn't matter.

Oh, do not get hung up on the level of the fines, they were just an example. It is the overall premise that is important. That is, in an RCE, the best way of punishing people is to hit them in the wallet via fines and return the money to the loot pool and the players the illicit behavior affect.

/mod note/ closed at request of threadstarter

Status
Back