10 years

Serica

Society
Antipodean Army
Harena Serica Turbinis
A lot happened in the last 10 years.

We moved house.
My daughter married.
Our grandson and granddaughter were born.
Lala died.
My mother-in-law, uncle and cousin died - all in the same year.
My husband died.

Through all the good things, and the .. well .. not so good, Entropia has been a constant part of my life.
For most of the first 8 years, I logged in and played every single day.
The last year or so that's not been possible, but I logged in when I could - sometimes very late at night.
This past week going to visit my husband's family interstate with my daughter and grandchildren has been my longest break.

Entropia has been an escape when RL got too much to bear, a fun diversion to pass the time, a source of friendship and companionship as caring for my husband through his long illness bound me closer and closer to home.

I've played many, many games since I bought my first computer (sometime back in the Dark Ages! ;)) but none has had the staying power of Entropia, or it's attraction.

I fell in love with Calypso when I first saw it.
I love it still.
With luck, I'll be here a long time yet.
:girl:

Welcome to the club!

Through the good times and the bad, there'll always be Entropia :girl:

(and my bickering on PCF to moderate :laugh:)

well that was depressing to read, sorry for all your losses, hope some happier times await you.

Also gratz on 10 years!

Gratz

First and for most
Gratz for 10 years!! Hope for 10 more !!

Somewhere and somehow we all started this game or community due to the reason that our real life was not always the brightest . Don't bash me those who came in just for the money .

If you know about the history of this platform (virtuall world) started before MA bought it , it was a helping tool for people who had some sort of difficulties to coop with the real world .
Don't get me wrong OP , not saying anything bad about you here !

However thank you for your contribution and also I believe in the darkest hours of your life you still are stronger then what you think .

God bless you and your family.

Last edited:
Wish you the best for you and your family for the next decade. Happy BDay :)

Just imagine if we ever make it to the "20 years in Entropia" posts! Where will we all be then and what will the game look like then, if it can survive that long? :eyecrazy::yay::cool: Oh, and Happy Beer-thday, Serica! I've been celebrating my tenth here as well. :)

Gratz - Quite something for this platform to have remained an ingrained itself so deeply into peoples lives. 2 more till i (not daisy) hits 10 - gratz again.

I could have listed some of the Entropia-related things too:

The VU that MindArk changed the rules for pilots, and Jod stayed up all night to give me the hangar deed as soon as I logged in - and he didn't even ask for collateral

Mulga handing me his car keys at a Melbourne meet, saying 'You drive, I trust you'.

All the Aussie WoF matches (and yes, everyone on the team can probably confirm that I do swear!) where we were soooo close...

Being an 'Entropia Ambassador' at a convention with Deathi, DaveOzi, MaxPower and Warpath.

And the first RL meet where I won a PED certificate in the EU Trivia Quiz, beacon runs (especially before VU10!), and soc hunts, and disciples graduating, and the night soc chat was entirely Monty Python but not in any sort order but so funny that my husband came in to see why I was nearly falling off my seat laughing at the screen...

I put the RL stuff up there though because I think sometimes we forget that each player is not just their avatar, but also a RL person.

That although EU is a RCE game, it's not always just about the money (or the skills, or the loot, or who did what to whom in PvP...). Avatars are just pixels, but the emotions of the people behind them can be very real.

We're all just people, dealing with our lives as best we can - and coming together to play in a fantastic game.

Happy 10 years Serica
I hope you have another 10 and that they will be happy ones.

It's true, alot can happen in 10 years.

One of my first memories in Entropia has you in it.

I was only a couple of months old in the game, and I had made some friends. They were on CND, and they wanted me to come to CND. So one of them arranged a vip with you. And you took me up in your space ship (space ships were very different back then)

you didn't rush me... in fact you took the time to tell me some facts about the game, showed me around the space ship, let me sit shot gun, and told me about some interesting places to visit on CND while I was there.

I walked away from that experience thinking that lady is really kind and patient with noobs. I never forgot it... years later I got invited into your society by FishFace who told me he cleared it with you first and I was like wow.. Serica wants me in her Soc? I felt like I was home in the soc. And yes even though I did leave it this past summer, it was a hard decision and I will always forever be there in spirit.

Entropia wouldn't be the same without you Serica.... I'm glad that you are part of my Entropia memories.

Happy 10th to you.

Just imagine if we ever make it to the "20 years in Entropia" posts! Where will we all be then and what will the game look like then, if it can survive that long? :eyecrazy::yay::cool: Oh, and Happy Beer-thday, Serica! I've been celebrating my tenth here as well. :)

Don't know why i thought of the book "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline in response to your quote. For those that have read or heard of this book, you'll know what I mean...(wanna log into The O.A.S.I.S. any1?). Otherwise, if not, highly recommend the read and/or audio version when you can. Didn't mean to go off topic here, big gratz to Serica btw on the big Ten!

Congratulations on 10 years Serica :yay::yay:

I do recall the passing of your husband but did not realize the other people you have lost. It is very tough what you have gone through and it is my hope EU can always be that source of comfort to you when things are tough.

It is a courageous or tough or both sort of person who takes on being moderator. Have not agreed with some of your decisions or views but have always respected that you do this thing.

May you have many many many many more years among us and myself to will be among those who will never leave :D

Congratulations on your 10 Years Serica.

Thanks for all your help and advice over many years.

You have been and I hope keep remaining so for the future, a true ambassador for EU.

All the best Jung

Back