for a investors point of view

Shin Tha Nin

Provider
Society
Guess Who
Shin Tha Nin
please feel free to comment anything on your mind.

Case made via to support as suggestion:

i dont know how much a single coder gets sallary for a month.
but im bretty sure one who is very skilled and motivated could fix every single bug and issue in this game here in a month.

but

my investment and i round it up a litle. 30k usd 300k ped what i have entirelly every penny lost in here.or almost all, have a widrawal of somthing what i have forgotten how much it was some years ago.. does not get a single bug or issue fixd. not in a year nor not in a several years.

i am not pissed off for such loss in here. maybe i should.
but i am extremely mad because these bugs and issues are not only efecting my gameplay, but every single one of who is gaming this as investor. as you state it here.
http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/
you treat me as an investor extremely bad way period.
you do it to every single one investor what is found in entropia aswel period.

i would almost like to sue every single one who is working on entropia developing,marketin,suppor all. for this one single reason. treathening investors very very bad way.
but im not doing it. because i do hope and see things in here get fixd.
one investors taking myself as example 30k usd investment should be more than blenty enouf to have the bugs and issues fixd as most important priority number 1 in on entirelly entropia in on every single planet and planet partners minds.

It would cost $30k just to spellcheck and properly punctuate your post...jk. I do agree with you, though. With the amount of money that gets deposited to this game (just for all the cld's to be bought up, much less all the actual playing and cycling)...they ain't hurting for money. They need to treat us better. Fix bugs, bring back sitting/mumble, do all the things they promised and never did...that would be a good start. Then of course, start talking to us more and telling us wtf is going on...

Last edited:
I just assume English is not your first langauge. I can hear your point though, and it is what keeps me out of the game. The amount of money I spend alone - warrants better quality development, communication, and progression. I continue to try other games, and I spent $30 on a MMO - been playing it hours daily for MONTHS and bugs are addressed, new content is released, weekly maintence, and weekly communication from Devs. Sure everything isn't perfect, but for 30 bucks!!?? I spend that in 1 hour in EU and they make a lame post once a quarter.

You severely underestimate the effort required to troubleshoot and rectify defects but yes they should absolutely put more effort into this area.

It's silly to talk about suing.

I just noticed this at the bottom of the page you linked,

Remember,
Planet Calypso is first and foremost entertainment. The Real Cash Economy and the challenge of trying to play for free or even make a profit are part of that entertainment experience.

I have to remember to copy+paste this every time someone complains about MA not "protecting their investors" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ALL investments have RISK, you lost yours. boo hoo. many have before you many will after you. the devs do not dictate what you do with your investments there is no basis to sue even if you seriously wanted to.

this is common knowledge and not a personal attack.

as for the bugs.. i literally encounter very few bugs that affect game play and zero thus far that affect my investments. the few bugs i have encountered over the years are common to the engine. even if MA wanted to fix them i doubt they would have the know how as they licensed the engine from crytek and didnt build it themselves.

GL buddy :cool:

you are a player/participant, not an investor. Investors hold the actual stock in Mindark itself.

you are a player/participant, not an investor. Investors hold the actual stock in Mindark itself.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/

Invest in Your Profession
Are You Ready For a Real Challenge?

It is perhaps not an investment in the traditional sense, as it will take a lot of hard work and dedication on your part. It is however possible to make money by engaging in a traditional MMO profession on Calypso, such as hunting, mining, trading or crafting. To succeed, you must not only be skilled at your profession – you must also be a shrewd business person.
Invest in Equipment and Skills

Imagine you are a hunter. You know that a certain creature drops loot that is in high demand by other participants. Currently, you are not able to kill that creature. You may then choose to invest in the equipment and skills you need to bring that creature down and acquire its valuable loot.
Similarly, imagine you are a miner. You have discovered a rich field of valuable mineral resources, are producing decent finds, covering your expenses and even retaining a small profit. You suspect that you can increase your profit if you could only produce larger finds. You may then decide to invest in amplifiers for your mining tool.
An investment in your avatar can come in many shapes and sizes. What an investment entails is entirely up to you – only you know what your plans and goals for your avatar.
Read more about common professions on Planet Calypso in Professions & Activities.

i consider that i am..maybe not in the traditional way but still.

and yeah i do admin that in that case i made there is couple sentences that could have been dropped off from it.

aaand yeah, english is not my native language, you should hear me trying to speak of it :laugh: . not a big deal? :scratch2: huh to some it seems j/k.
even typo in my own native language..so what..?

but these things was not the point here.
its the bugs and issues and there is plenty of them. new stuf coming and old stuf are just wiped under the carpet and forgotten.

for example mouse right click feature opens a menu of various things. it is cool feature indeed maybe not a bug or issue. just a cool feature and very useful, but
this menu gets disabled every time when hof ticker pops up, or if you are manufacturing and make near success/success...
or extract sweat from creature..
or if using auto-loot and loot creature while trying to navigate in this menu.
some other things too like if you stumble upon a fruit on ground and want to pick it up..
how about harvesting? so many planets so many wood types in loot of creatures and only 1 wood type possible to be harvested..

in over all of what entropia is..it is very cool just a little fine tuning for things would make it even cooler?

The only 'real' way to fix it would be from inside...
http://www.mindark.com/career/current-positions/

now this is more like it! nice
combining skilled coder/s and with help of entropia community providing experiences and information from bugs and issues in different ways like just describing it on a case or making screenshots/videos
maybe would help things if add a feature that allows upload directly screenshots and recorded videos inside the game to the case made. for now you kind of need to upload screenshots/videos to somewhere else and give the link on the case..
in my mind this kind of feature would make things smoother
there is all kinds of operating computers and systems on peoples homes what they use to play with
different kind of graphics resolutions and settings
for example i got fairly recently new laptop what can smoothly run entropia on very high settings
just one day playing and changing settings found out that in some bug or issue like look of certain item icon on screen or inventory is looking totally different when use medium,high and very high settings.
on some setting becomes transparent and some disappearing totally and some its looking like supposed to..

if only it would be stablished that improving and fixing existing things as most number one priority before everything else. Entropia would flourish even better than ever before im fairly sure about this.
atleast i do hope it to become one.

what if support team would make themselves avatars ingame and tackle on some issue to find and fix it by asking help of community people online by way of starting skype / teamspeak and gather feedpack to provide it to the ones whos doing code? might this be cool way to start communicating with community and do great job for improving things?

Man, I disagree with you. Lots of bugs have been addressed. And I would defend EU coders, considering all stuff which could go wrong, they're actually doing an amazing job.

The problem is that EU management visibly makes continuous pressure for new features and that can spread thin even a big team of coders.

Then, some issues are normal to appear, not everything can be tested in controlled environment. For example, some of our fellow colleagues ingame started at some point a competing game. Very interesting idea, very strong gameplay, atmosphere, nice community. But bugs. Game-breaking ones, and when is about cash, everything is amplified.

But then even in this thread, just read it. You people want bugs squished or new features? In my humble opinion, EU should simply stop to implement new things for two years and dedicate that only to balancing of economy and squishing bugs.

But it will never happen, people want new stuff in space, new events, new skills, new dimensions of the game etc.

30k usd 300k ped what i have entirelly every penny lost in here.or almost all

How can investor lose 30k USD in this game?

Did CLD not pay ?
Did AUD not pay?

No income from LA collected ?
No passangers for MS ?

WTF happened, where did you lost 30k USD ????

From my point of view, you are not an investor, you are just another gambler!

On the other side, really sad that MA doesn´t fix bugs, but thats maybe because real investors making money from EU want their monthly withdraw, so no money left for MA to hire experienced coders, with the ability to fix the bugs without introducing new ones.

Loot does not exist until it's found.

you drop a probe. the system looks at your cords and search depth to know what table you are looting from. Some smoke and magic later you claim a small crude oil or whatever. Like with mobs, mobs don't have loot, when you start attacking one a table is made tracking the cost you have, maybe armor and healing decay, eco of damage done. when you then loot the killed mob a "loot ticket" of sorts is sent in with the information tracked. Maybe I should not say "sent in" this is all tracked serverside, its sent to the magic box that makes or brakes you. that information is used to calculate loot with respect to that mobs loot table, more smokey magic, you get shinny stack of fragments.

If you mine outside of a area with a loot table the system returns lyst and oil.

The second EU stop adding new features people will just complain very vocally about this and proclaim the sky is falling and the development of EU has stopped while MA is just scraping together every usd they can before shutting down the game. Wich is of course pure BS , but thats how this community tick at large parts.

Im sure MA have a balance about bug fixing and adding new features aswell as pursuing new projects that compliment EU or even something different like compet. Mindark also isnt a triple A studio and dont have an AAA budget.

Im not saying they shouln't fix that annoying bugs inside EU , but mindark isnt that big and invincible as some might think and they certainly have their limitations and shortcommings. Im sure they make the best out of their ressources and if they were that incompetent they would have been gone for long.

I have faith in Mindark to handle bug fixing and adding new content in a balanced manner for years to come. Maybe some bugs will stay forever since they are too hard to fix or simply dont affect enough people compared to the amount of work needed to fix it.

We all know that the game has so much going for it, but for some reason MA keeps it dark ages. Hangers, space, stables etc all big investments that just keeps getting forgotten. Then their the little things like the TT won't work when planet hopping. The communication is shit. A lot of people love the game, but hate MA. MA is team is spread so thin trying to improve caly, compets, support cases and dealing with pp requests. MA needs to sell caly, abandon compets and then focus on support and bring balance to the universe.

Back