What are scopes and sights for?

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
The item info screen says that they improve your ability to hit a mob, but if you are already maxed on a weapon, does it go beyond that? If not, I don't really understand their purpose since my understanding is you shouldn't use unmaxed weapons anyhow, and zoom doesn't seem like a very useful feature in this game.

The item info screen says that they improve your ability to hit a mob, but if you are already maxed on a weapon, does it go beyond that? If not, I don't really understand their purpose since my understanding is you shouldn't use unmaxed weapons anyhow, and zoom doesn't seem like a very useful feature in this game.

MA legacy item. They now just add skillgain based on the TT cost (decay) from using them.

History lesson:
We didn't have weapons that you could realistically max without lots of money and time until we got SIB weapons

MA legacy item. They now just add skillgain based on the TT cost (decay) from using them.

Interesting, so it's kind of like a permanent boost pill? It also seems to reduce the economy of the weapon, according to Entropedia, so I'm not sure it would be worth it.

History lesson:
We didn't have weapons that you could realistically max without lots of money and time until we got SIB weapons

Ah yes, I have seen some of these - they have a max level of 100, right? I can see how the attachments would make more sense for those.

Interesting, so it's kind of like a permanent boost pill? It also seems to reduce the economy of the weapon, according to Entropedia, so I'm not sure it would be worth it..

Economically, it usually isn't. Some people prefer to pay than spend the extra time skilling, it's up to you.

Hmmm, if this is true, then how come it doesn't show up as a buff like a ring, skill boost, etc... when you equip a weapon with a sight/scope attached?

I wonder if it's a bug or broke...

Because it's not a buff, per se. It's an increase in cost, and as TT in = TT out as far as skills are concerned, the greater input in cost you have the greater output in skills you will have.

Basically, take the case of LC60+A106; that costs 36.221 pec per shot. If you attach 2x Hunnir laser + 1x Jzar Scope (+0.284pec per shot), the overall cost will be 36.505, or a 0.7% increase in cost. You will see a... 0.7% increase in skill gains.

You will see a... 0.7% increase in skill gains.
To put it another way - instead of it taking you 5 years to unlock Kill Strike without chipping, it would only take you 4 years and 352 days! :laugh:

Then why do the moonshine weapons show the buff when equipped?

Because they're actually buffing?

Equip Effect: Skill Gain - BLP Weapons. Strength: 1%

I'm sure MA could add that information to scopes/lasers, but as I said in the first post they are a legacy item which hasn't been touched since the first implementation (in the way they work). The way it stands at the moment, anything which has a higher cost will gain you more skills. Using a Mod Merc will gain you more skills per second than an Opalo.

Back