anti-amplifier for mining

Avon(AJ)Jerrix

Guardian
I would like to see an attachment for finders that decreases finder decay and number of probes used without decreasing depth. This would basically make a finder into a TT finder with greater depth. It would promote exploration of new areas for ores and enmats by small and mid-level miners creating personal resource maps. Obviously the decay would need to be pretty low. There would never be a huge demand for this, but there would be some.

I haven't come up with a decent name...maybe abater...

Better just to release a new range of "Exploration" finders, which have high level requirements but a good range of depths, and low probes used per drop :)

Well, I'm not sure what depth you want but you could consider looking for one of the Detectonator finders. They are "old time" finders which makes them pretty uncommon, but maybe you could check those out. :D

Well, I'm not sure what depth you want but you could consider looking for one of the Detectonator finders. They are "old time" finders which makes them pretty uncommon, but maybe you could check those out. :D

this one? http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Finder&id=152&vstate=Info:Finder:152

its not exactly old time but yeah very uncommon, its a cyrene craftable finder. you get a blueprint with 100 uses for finishing the 1k old alpha paneleons. a few of us have obtained it from the mission. The ingredients are a bit of a pain tho

edit: forgot about the Omegatrons, yeah old time :D, but imperium version is an option

This is a bad idea unless the behavior of loot waves is changed significantly. Because it would be used to ride those.

If the probes/decay cost was significantly lower than normal, you wouldn't really get a good idea of the mineral distribution, since your results would skew towards lower TT ores/enmats due to low cost per drop.

Newbies can pick up a Rookie Terramaster on the auction and tier it up for depth enhancement if they feel so inclined. These UL Rookie Tools should have never been removed from the Trade Terminal, but I guess MA had their reasons :confused:

Now if you want to push depth further than that, I think it's only fair you stomach the 1 PED/drop like all the rest of us had to :laugh:

I'm sure hunters and crafters would love cheap research methods too. But you have to ask yourself what the consequences of removing barriers to entry are. If anyone can research anything without any significant investment, what happens to markups?

Better just to release a new range of "Exploration" finders, which have high level requirements but a good range of depths, and low probes used per drop :)

In my opinion, it would be too simple, and therefore wrong.

Back