Would you go to mars?

Vi Bitfury

Alpha
Vi V3r0nyka BitFury
Would you go to Mars if given only one totally free opportunity to go?

Not at this moment I'd go as there needs to be plenty of more proof of tests and basically perfections to the systems and overall objectives in getting to Mars safe and sound. However, when ever I do reach the sweet age of 69, heck yeah, sign me up as long as the process or what ever you call it ticket to get to Mars has been mastered with 100% risk free safety, lol.

Would like to hear from others if they care to share on this topic of going to Mars or not?

This planet is going to the dogs in a big way what with over population chasing ever fewer resources, mainly food and clean water but also just plain living space. There's likely to be a big long drawn out social and economic crash sometime over the next 30 - 40 or so years so getting entirely off to another world may well represent a viable option for some people. Its certainly feasible, people have been working on the science and logistics of such a settlement for a long time.

After few Tesla car crashes I will stay on Earth - thank you.
The day after you crash with this rocket they will say - no wories we have updated the softare today. And we know how big fixing is right.

My ping is already pretty high to MA's servers, I can't imagine that would be improved if I was on Mars ;)

I'd love to go, I've always wanted to go into Space. But it's the finality of it - you can't come back.

Mars is too cold for me :laugh:
The novelty of being a martian would wear off for me. Maybe I'm too much a pragmatist to go to Mars before it is a settled colony.

#space_flight ~ where pilots advertise to grow their business

However, when ever I do reach the sweet age of 69, heck yeah, sign me up as long as the process or what ever you call it ticket to get to Mars has been mastered with 100% risk free safety, lol.

And you plan to live so long?
That's persistence and bravery.
Counting my age I will be there before you lol.

Apart joke, there should go younger ppl, not too young - they need to have family and kids on earth first as after is probability to get mutants or to not be able to have kids at all and not too old because there will be needed of ppl with full vital energy and working power and not some oldies in need of nursery.

i would love to go, but doubt my wife would ever let me. Space has always been my fantasy but its never been more than that.

Keep humanz of mars!

If they colonize mars they'll just mess that up with the same crap they do here perhaps even worse

I don't know. If they don't have internet connection, then no facebook, no entropia. What's the point then :)

is it this an 8 months nonstop trip? :ahh: so I probably would desperately needed to go for swim in the sea in meantime sooo.....hmmm nope, I wouldn't do it :silly2:

but from the moment I read the question this stuck in my mind! I wonder why

I know a few people I would like to nominate for such travel.

:D

I will definitely go. Using my Sleipnir :D

Reactions: San
Will the currency of Mars be bitcoins? :dunce:

After watching "The Martian" staring Matt Damon (2015), and his crops being killed by one accident when it got exposed to the natural atmosphere, my answer is no, I don't want to go there.

There's something to be said about standing on beach looking at a beautiful blue sky and blue sea listening to the sound of the waves,.... then say to yourself, "yeah planet Earth is pretty special, I like it here".

Rick

I know a few people I would like to nominate for such travel.

:D

lol I like that. I'd nominate all of arkadia staff and ark fanboys :) then we wouldn't have that crappy pp anymore :yay:

Musk said those who want to go to Mars (at least those earlier on) will have to prepare to die, either on the way or upon reaching the planet (maybe problems with setting up the base, making it self sustaining, etc).

If that's all I have to risk for a chance to go to Mars, SIGN ME UP!

I will not mind if the rocket even explodes during take off. At least I would have died trying to do something good (from my point of view).

I think the legendary Rutger Hauer said it best. :drink:

Would be in if there is an opportunity, no matter if its Mars a Moon Base or somewhere else in solar system.

If mankind starts with a real colonizing project in space, I would really like to leave earth and be pioneer somewhere else.

I'd go. There's nothing here to hold me back.

My ping is already pretty high to MA's servers, I can't imagine that would be improved if I was on Mars ;)

I'd love to go, I've always wanted to go into Space. But it's the finality of it - you can't come back.

yea :) a signal from earth to mars needs in average distance about 13,9 minute.

Only give me the chance.

Several months go by and a news reporter asks one of the new Mars colonists what life as a colonist is like on Mars. He is pointing a sweat extractor at an ambulimax and seemingly ignoring the reporter, most likely because he is AFK. All the other colonists start screaming at him to 'get back in the F'ing circle!' :rolleyes:

there ain't no internet on Mars, and that is one of the very few good things humanity managed to come up recently. other thing is the improvements in medicine.

sure, leaving humanity in the dust to finally wipe itself out has a good ring to it. but who would be the others to go with me? (I take this is intended to be some kind of colony thing?) if these people are selected on any criteria but pure merit to the mission, I wouldn't go. I think you know what I'm speaking of.

Back