Help: Hey MA: Start Fixing, Stop Adding

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Short version: Stop adding things. Just spend a few months on strictly fixing all the ingame bugs. That'll do more to draw/keep paying customers then any "next big investment potential" you can come up with.

Long version: 6 years ago, I made a thread giving you a quick road map to better results in 6 months.

6 years later, seems you missed my points on that. The layout was simple:

1. Focus strictly on bug fixes
  2. Then work with planet partner to widen/improve other planet loot so it was self-sustaining
  3. Then re-intrduce lost systems (MF, pets, etc.)

The only part you seem to have worked on was #3. But the main part you should have focused your attention on was #1. the BUGS.

Seriously, it's 2016, and this game's simply not up to par with tons of other games that can be played for way less money. They can fix tons of bugs, why can't you?

By bugs, I mean everything from gun shots that soar 200+ meters past the mob, even when it hits. (Don't tell me the game engine can't make the laser/blp shot actually hit the mob.) I mean missing social actions, like vocal noise when chatting, sitting, etc. Too afraid butt slide bugs can be exploited? I doubt it. I mean arms/head flailing/flopping after unequping some tools. And similar bugs.

And yes, a less predictable loot drop system. You recognized the problem of predictable loot in the aruli caves a while ago and tweaked it. Why can't you do the same everywhere else?

Seriously, tighten up the game. Make it look better (bugwise). Make it more socially comfortable.

No, those aren't obvious fixes that I can point to a spreadsheet showing calculations that it'll improve revenue. But I promise it will.

Consider this: How often can you toss NEW at players when we've all learned that you'll do a half-ass job and then drop it for the NEXT thing? Instead make it a great game that people are willing to invest their heart into and money will follow.

So stop adding new/exciting, and fix what's already there, please.

You tell em Teach! :lolup:

To be honest from past experience, when they try to fix something 3 other things goes broken. While I agree it is the best thing they could do. The bugs are so many and they have limited manpower, basically they'd need to make a new team whose sole purpose is to fix bugs. Heck if they added a crowdfunding campaign i.e Bug Fix Land Deed, to fund it. I'd buy one monthly depending on the price, as long as all that money goes to hire actual competent people who'd be only working on fixing the bugs and actually testing stuff BEFORE implementing them.

Their quality control is mediocre, if they had better testers. The bugs would be discovered before VU. However certain bugs that gets introduced now and again are so damn obvious, it almost seems like they just don't care.

I couldn't agree more.

The issue is probably the definition and classification of BUGS. You and I, and many other players, define a bug as something not working the way it should, but software makers define a bug as something that prevents the software from working, which means many things are merely classified as annoyances.
What they don't seem to realize is the sum of all those annoyances, plus a few bad loot runs, is enough to drive many players away.
Also, our beloved Universe already has an overwhelming amount of content for a new player to deal with, a lot of which can extremely confusing.

October VU has always been the "new stuff introduced VU" they can fix what they broke after that though, I'm in full agreement.

In the meantime, lets see whats growing in the garden....

October VU has always been the "new stuff introduced VU" they can fix what they broke after that though, I'm in full agreement.

In the meantime, lets see whats growing in the garden....

Will the gardens not draw more bugs to them?

Agreed.

MA, please bring back sitting! :whip:

-Hit box on some mobs blows dead goats.
-Item icon size is random.
-a confirm dialog option for the compact button in storage, I fucking hate that button.

or add things that improve on things that are already sub par, not just new content.

-Graphics settings do not reflect power of modern hardware.
-Buy webstore things from in game.
-Add to item context menus a lock item to account feature. To unlock you have to click the same thing again and type something like UNLOCK in a pop up window and hit accept.
-Plannet tp's so we can just skip over how annoying space is. Space flight is 100% safe anyway so who cares.
-Allow us to tt or do something with pills we wont use including skill pills, hundreds of 1 hour 10% I cannot eat them anywhere near fast enough. or let us combine them for a fee at a npc in to better but not long pills like 10 X 1 hour 10% in to 1 X 1 hour 100% for a ped or whatever.
-A melee attachment that lowers the melee weapons decay by 95% and consumes cell/uni ammo at the same rate and no decay on the attachment to keep the same eco. or just some way I can use the uni ammo from boxes with a sword =(

Lots of things already in game could be better.

When at it ,bring back economy model :scratch:

I stuck by this game through thick and thin, lately it's just so blah. They aren't even listening so it's just sad.

They don't show the game love so I won't show deposit button or even log in button love.

I stuck by this game through thick and thin, lately it's just so blah. They aren't even listening so it's just sad.

They don't show the game love so I won't show deposit button or even log in button love.

They've got a new love and its name is Compet.

Compet will turn out to be a fickle mistress and if you wait long enough, we will see new content.

We've been asking for "just bug fixes" for ages. They did one, once. Then they released VU10 with CE2.

I think that's where they're at - why bother fixing all the current bugs, when in 2 or 3 updates time, it'll all be broken again.

It's illogically logical, which is typical MA :girl:

Just remember, do not buy anything for its asthetics, cause when they bring out the update for land plots I gaurantee you textures will get fooked.

I still don't understand how this happens. Textures should be enclosed and not changeable - EVER - unless chosen to by the coder.

Anyways, i would rather they used existing stuff for crafting, that currently have no use, i.e.95% of the current bps. But no, MA will of course introduce new bps, new components, new skills etc.

Christ, why do I bother?

Rgds

Ace

Fortunately, companies like MA go belly up sooner or later. Sonner they do, faster EU will be bought by new owners with bit more common sense ;)

Can you please, please, please fix the bug that disables the Trade Terminal on every planet I come into from Space, and underground places (Ark Underground, Hell) unless I relog?
Support keeps saying they're working on it.. but.. It's been more than 6 months already. :dunno:

Also.. please restore the ability to clear shader cache.

Fortunately, companies like MA go belly up sooner or later. Sonner they do, faster EU will be bought by new owners with bit more common sense ;)

Good grief I wish they would. I might be able to justify putting some time, effort, and ped into this game again. As it stands, no thanks. I will never ever depo again, and I plan on sucking as much resource and ped from the platform as I can in the meantime. You can thank MA for their amateur work ethic, low coding skills, lost sense of fairness, and complete and utter disregard for their customers, for that.

They've got a new love and its name is Compet.

Compet will turn out to be a fickle mistress and if you wait long enough, we will see new content.

Compet is introducing just as many bugs on a daily/weekly basis as early EU... so we'll see how things go... At least in EU you can sweat when you are broke or run out of things to do. In Compets you just have to sit and twiddle your thumbs for hours on end waiting for the mines to open up with enough gold, pvp option to open up to some raids in about 12 hours, or just sit and do nothing when you wait an infinity for the buildings to get upgraded.

Side note: NOW is the time to deposit more heavily than ever because so many folks are selling out... potential to make a lot down the road is there IF Mindark ever wakes up to threads like these instead of doing as they always have and ignoring the community's request to fix things for the most part. Otherwise, you are right now is time to never deposit again.

Quit playing years ago but since joining this new EU again i am drowning under all the choices but noticed some very old bugs are still around.

Update:

I must say, it seems this latest Update (done today & listed here and here) is fully packed with lots of badly needed fixes.

Thank you very, very much. And keep the fixes coming please. :)

Back