Taking Advantage of Loot Waves

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
#makeEUlootagain

Guide to all players to help better navigate the loot system for rare items.

Hopefully this will help some newer players succeed and provide players with a better understanding of how loot mechanics work in EU.

Below are some examples of the loot waves and how to take advantage of them:

1) Marcimex/Caperon mushroom waves

Marcimex and Caperon drop mushrooms approximately every hour +/- 10 minutes. For example.. between 11:50 and 12:10 MA time. A marker that the mushrooms are about to drop is black paint in your loot.

2) improved ares rings

Edit: ring drops from boxes do not appear to behave the same way as mob loot... looking into more data

3) Generic Fuses on scoria and trooper

Generic fuses have a 1100% markup and a TT value of 5 ped. These are a boon to a newer player's ped card as trooper have lower hp and can be killed quickly. These drop similar to mushrooms.. every hour +/- 10 minutes. I'm unsure of any markers that they're about to drop, but I've camped both mobs long enough to figure it out.

And lastly... to maximize profits DO NOT HUNT BETWEEN WAVES... hunting between waves will lower your markup and hurt your profit margins. (Courtesy of Vodka)

Any other examples can be mentioned below and I'll update this post if confirmed. Time to prevent botters from having an advantage over players who abide by ToU.

Last edited:
ToU states one cant farm rare items? Though i do agree strictly wave farmers are not good for this game and its economy, thats on MA ofcourse obviously.

ToU states one cant farm rare items? Though i do agree strictly wave farmers are not good for this game and its economy, thats on MA ofcourse obviously.

He doesn't say that at all. You read his last sentence wrong.

You forgot the most important key point that will severly cut into profits.
Dont hunt between waves

You forgot the most important key point that will severly cut into profits.
Dont hunt between waves

Added.

Maybe MA's profits will be hurt and they'll change it

Taking advantage of waves doesn't mean you are botting.

But if MA won't ban botters this is where they leave us.. to take care of it on our own. IMO the system is broken anyways.. and wave farming hurts MA revenue and CLD revenue.. and obviously encourages Botting and the using of Alts.. both of which violate the ToU MA won't uphold.

This is all outside of the universal loot wave that seems to reward European players over US players, but that's another discussion.

Wave farming is good for the players who do it properly and without botting, hence this post. If nothing else, botters/alt users will now have so much competition that their efforts will be useless.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

I see far too many who hunt "normally" (ie going out for 90 minute hunt after work and dinner) giving up this game or going on extended breaks for some action not to be taken.

So let's see if any action is taken.

Just so you miners know, dropping like a madman during waves is how you hit the ultra-rares like Tridenite and Rugaritz reliably. I've confirmed this several times through my own testing.

Have you ever wondered why you're not hitting these ultra-rare ores despite being at 1000+ depth? Because it's only possible during waves. You could have 5000 depth and you still wouldn't hit them unless a wave was currently active.

Depth plays a role for sure, but waves play a far more crucial one.
I've hit both Tridenite and Rugaritz with Emine FS (L) by mining during waves.

This doesn't really matter much for miners, since the serious profit comes from increasing turnover, so only dropping 10 minutes every hour is counterproductive.

But I hope I saved some of you from wasting your time/PEDs "rare ore mining". It's not worth it.

[2) improved ares rings

Improved ares rings drop and the same consistent times every day.. typically they drop between 09:30-10:30 and 19:30-20:30 MA time. Because MA hasn't developed a proper RNG system for looting these you can save your boxes and only open them at this time to increase your chances for improved ares ring drops. This can be very lucrative if done correctly.

509 Improved Ares Rings registered by Entropia Life, charted by hour:

ares.jpg

Just so you miners know, dropping like a madman during waves is how you hit the ultra-rares like Tridenite and Rugaritz reliably. I've confirmed this several times through my own testing.

Thank you for the input. This specifically pertains to hunting and that's why it's specifically located in the hunting section rather than economy or general discussion sections.

Mining behaves vastly different than hunting (and yeah there are waves for rare resources).

ares.jpg

I'd be interested to know how many of those were recorded from before MA altered the drop rates. If you check the times now, they dramatically fall between the times listed.

I'd be interested to know how many of those were recorded from before MA altered the drop rates. If you check the times now, they dramatically fall between the times listed.

It takes seconds to check, provided some excel-fu. I checked last 100 (since August 8 this year) and the picture was pretty much similar. 19 is the top hour with nine rings but then, it's near the peak of player activity. 8 had zero and 9 had two.

ares.jpg

This graph should be correlated with number of players/hours. if more people are playing , more boxes are opened and so there are more more chances to get a rare ring.

to be safe i'll open my boxes in that hours too.

:) gl all

high probability times.

Last edited:
This graph should be correlated with number of players/hours. if more people are playing , more boxes are opened and so there are more more chances to get a rare ring.

to be safe i'll open my boxes in that hours too.

:) gl all

or you just dont open boxes while you asleep :D

what will happen if more ppl start to avoid these "bad times for loot"? the theorie will prove itself...really...? catch my drift :)

Last edited:
The time is not fixed, it's not ":00 +/- 10 min", it's each 40-45 counting from the servers' restart.

As Haruto pointed out, boxes don't follow the pattern described in OP.

Rare loot wave doesn't mean there is less rare items between waves.
Rare loot wave means there is NO items between waves.

If loot waves for rings would be twice a day we wouldn't see any drops outside the wave periods. Obviously that's not the case. Instead, drop rates seem to follow the general player activity levels. Better don't discredit your cause and leave the ring drops out of it.

About botting: Let's imagine there's really a hunting bot in the marcimex spawn. Becomes active only on "hot times", hunts on full auto unattended. Might work on low activity periods, but it only takes one hunter who figures out this guy is a bot and the botter will lose all his loot, including the mushrooms. Rare loot mobs are usually more popular (especially during the drop times), kinda doubt anyone would risk releasing their hunting bot into this mess.
I can see you want to create bigger bang by adding all the negative keywords into it but try not overdo it. OK ok, enough bitching.
:)

As for the rest, good work in putting it all together! +rep

(The principle is well described, if you want your details to be precise look at Svarog's post.)

Last edited:
something can be changed, afaik cyrene made their waves less predictable, yea still there but you seem to be able to hit waves twice in 30 minutes or not all all in an hour.

was mentioned in 24th June 2014 Cyrene VU

Loot Waves
- We've made substantial changes to how loot drops happen on Cyrene (in conjunction with MindArk) to try and alleviate loot dropping in waves. This will be an ongoing process that we will continually adjust as needed.

something can be changed, afaik cyrene made their waves less predictable, yea still there but you seem to be able to hit waves twice in 30 minutes or not all all in an hour.

was mentioned in 24th June 2014 Cyrene VU

As gambling is not permitted by law, predictability in EU would therefore be a prerequisite.

Ares ring drop section removed. Researched some data on my own as well and confirmed that boxes don't behave like mob loots.

Times were just coincidental based on levels of player activity.

Originally Posted by Rocket192 View Post
[2) improved ares rings

Improved ares rings drop and the same consistent times every day.. typically they drop between 09:30-10:30 and 19:30-20:30 MA time. Because MA hasn't developed a proper RNG system for looting these you can save your boxes and only open them at this time to increase your chances for improved ares ring drops. This can be very lucrative if done correctly.

ares.jpg

please, please
you have to think the system with realism
in the reality entropia is mainly european players and these players are working during the day
then you'll get more rare items between 17h and 2h mindark time
when i say more i'm not saying you'll get more luck to get a rare item in a precise time
it's just the fact there's more players online so for sure there will be more rare items found

I'm not sure if this counts with the loot wave thing, but i noticed when hunting Cornundacauda the other day that a Dark Green Paint Can dropped (which i thought was odd as i had been hunting them for a few days in 50min runs each day and never had one drop), then 4 kills later I got a Kobold Harness.

So maybe the paint can dropping is the signal?

I wasn't paying attention to the time sorry but will keep an eye out again next time for it since I still have quite a bit to go to finish the iron missions I am working through.

So explain how ep bps aren't gambling to me then..

Same way as buying booze in the uk at festivals which have no licence to sell it. By buying tokens or in eu case ped they can get round the laws. Same as raffles in the uk n all thats a form of gambleing but anyone can do one without a gambling licence because you are not directly doing it your buying tokens. Maybe someone could explain this a bit better then me but thats how they get round it.

On another note as i have done alot of condition crafting their is a short term memory in the system on spent peds but this gets deleted after ex amount of weeks or maybe 1 month. Ofc i cant prove this but something iv seen. No doubt when the reset happens ma move ped around. Again cant prove it but something iv seen.

I'm not sure if this counts with the loot wave thing, but i noticed when hunting Cornundacauda the other day that a Dark Green Paint Can dropped (which i thought was odd as i had been hunting them for a few days in 50min runs each day and never had one drop), then 4 kills later I got a Kobold Harness.

So maybe the paint can dropping is the signal?

I wasn't paying attention to the time sorry but will keep an eye out again next time for it since I still have quite a bit to go to finish the iron missions I am working through.

It was confirmed in another thread that there are "trigger" drops for each mob yes.

Back