Taking Advantage of Loot Waves

I'm not sure if this counts with the loot wave thing, but i noticed when hunting Cornundacauda the other day that a Dark Green Paint Can dropped (which i thought was odd as i had been hunting them for a few days in 50min runs each day and never had one drop), then 4 kills later I got a Kobold Harness.

So maybe the paint can dropping is the signal?

I wasn't paying attention to the time sorry but will keep an eye out again next time for it since I still have quite a bit to go to finish the iron missions I am working through.

the same mechanism could be at play on a variety of mobs.. if confirmed I'll add it

the same mechanism could be at play on a variety of mobs.. if confirmed I'll add it

Just like to add item caps in as well. For instance evi used to drop generic nano thing every 800 to 1k ped cycled i went and done atrox 10k iron came back and after 4k ped cycled nothing. Looked at entropia life and it was pretty much heavy hunted while i was gone so i assume someone was sitting on a few of them.

Man, I don't see how new players could get even close to a trooper or caperon. Or maybe you meant 1,5 years+ as new players?

Other than that, as someone who usually has 3-4 hours max in the evening, this whole system is disheartening. I will never hunt 15 mins an hour. That would not be PE/EU for me. I love to find some isolated mob, preferably with an outpost nearby, and stay there for weeks if not months. Then come back to civilization to trade finds and so on. Immersive, roleplay and in same time RCE-aware. Login-out 12 times a day after some clock is akin to eating sand for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. It's a very interesting thread!

Do you think this applies to items such as Midastree Boards or animal skins? The reason I ask is that I've been working on the Longu 5k for a few days now and I feel like the Longu Skins have been doing this. Nothing for a while than they start dropping suddenly. Never really thought anything of it.

Also, can you recommend any items from mobs that can be handled with 35-40 dps? :)

Man, I don't see how new players could get even close to a trooper or caperon. Or maybe you meant 1,5 years+ as new players?

Yes, Caperons walk over you, literally, until you have some power to withstand. But I managed to kill Troopers fairly early, to my surprise. They do hit hard, you need proper armour. But they don't hit very fast and don't have a lot of hp as already mentioned, so save for crits it is quite manageable to take them down before they can kill you. Some decay occurs while your Dodger level is low, but I found it not outrageous due to the low frequency. There was no Adjusted Vigilante when I was young, now this would be the thing to get. I have my Hunter Mentor Edition and did it with 7a (L) plates back then and even a Regen Chip III to heal was sufficient. Have a long-range weapon (70 m or more) to avoid getting swarmed.

Same way as buying booze in the uk at festivals which have no licence to sell it. By buying tokens or in eu case ped they can get round the laws. Same as raffles in the uk n all thats a form of gambleing but anyone can do one without a gambling licence because you are not directly doing it your buying tokens. Maybe someone could explain this a bit better then me but thats how they get round it.

On another note as i have done alot of condition crafting their is a short term memory in the system on spent peds but this gets deleted after ex amount of weeks or maybe 1 month. Ofc i cant prove this but something iv seen. No doubt when the reset happens ma move ped around. Again cant prove it but something iv seen.

there mostly is a difference... in many countries where gambling is illegal (in this case japan) you still have gambling mashines that work with tokens. difference is you are not allowed to trade back the tokens for money. just for prices which cant be money prices though.

Hi

Hi good necro ;). ''I wont play unless i profit'' :) :yay::yay::yay:

DOA was RIGHT al times :) :)

Maybes this is not locked necroy post as...it is 'useful'? ;):):yay::rolleyes:

''I wont play unless i profit'' :)

Did anything change with Loot 2.0? Any idea?

No clue. Resources in mining are still on a wave.. from what I've seen in hunting output amps on eomon come in waves... but there's a lot more variance now so who knows.

Given the MF chip loots I assume nothing has changed. Waves are baked into the loot algorithm.. an RNG system would violate gambling laws of most countries.

No clue. Resources in mining are still on a wave.. from what I've seen in hunting output amps on eomon come in waves... but there's a lot more variance now so who knows.

Given the MF chip loots I assume nothing has changed. Waves are baked into the loot algorithm.. an RNG system would violate gambling laws of most countries.

It seems we still do have waves. I see a lot of people waiting between good/bad loot times. But I have seen a change in how the game tries to compensate loose. Way to early to say..but it just feels as if at times it tries to adjust your loose. At around 90~% ammo usage is when I feel it kick in.

But with that said all, this may just be the first installation of it. We may have more updates coming that will add to the overall loot 2.0 which at the end just may give us that better overall loot. :)

If others are going to test this, be sure to only buy the ammo you will be using for a given hunt. Do not over buy for all future hunts. (but you know this could have always been the apart of the system and why some do see bad loot returns because they bought all the ammo they would be needed for a month..:scratch2:

There may or may not be waves in 2.0 but I found I get some rare item twice in a row more frequently than it's supposed if it was all random

With Loot 2.0 I think the wave isn't just time based sine wave like it used to be... now it's more of a progressive jackpot, at least I'd like to think so... so it's building up the jackpot til the good loot hits essentially... if you start seeing the waves in 60-75 minute increments, it's more or less the way it used to be... if it's more spread out something else is going on, I suspect.

Back