Entropia Pocket: The Universe in Your Pocket

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Entropia Pocket: The Universe in Your Pocket

entropia_pocket.jpg

Entropia Universe is proud to announce that the Entropia Pocket mobile app is scheduled for official release next week, in conjunction with the upcoming Version Update! This free mobile app offers essential security and information for Entropia Universe account holders.

Security
Entropia Pocket will generate a unique code every 30 seconds that you can be used to securely log into one's Entropia Universe account, providing optimal security and peace of mind. With Entropia Pocket you won’t have to worry about faulty or lost hardware to benefit from two-factor authentication.

Content
Entropia Pocket is the invaluable companion of every EU adventurer, providing real-time information about system updates, in-game events, news and support information. Knowledge is power and with this app you can always be on top of your game.

Now Entropia Universe need never be further away than your pocket!

Note:
The Entropia Pocket app is already available on the iTunes App Store and the Google Play store; Entropia Universe account activation for the apps will be enabled early next week.

Supplementary Note:
Those already using the Gold Card Security System may continue to do so, but this system may not be available for purchase in the future. Account security is MindArk's highest priority; any new security option that is made available to participants will make Entropia Universe accounts more secure, not less. Our development team looks forward to offering increasingly more secure and flexible tools for Entropians to keep their accounts secure in the future.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
and the Windows UWP app

If the application is not available to the most popular Smart phones then you should be calling this an Alpha or Beta release.

Job is not done yet MA. :wise:

Sounds good and appreciate the effort. However, every additional piece of technology required is an additional risk of failure. Is it possible to go back to my old password, if for any reason my smartphone doesn't work? Broken, stolen, whatever. The big bummer with the gold card was that there's no going back once activated. And will support be quick to respond if I needed to make such a request? The mixed bag of previous reactions (works for some, trouble for others and then no reply for too long) had me keep my skepticism.

Interested in trying this but I can't find the iOS app in the app store. When will it show up?

Interested in trying this but I can't find the iOS app in the app store. When will it show up?

might be wrong, but i dont think it will. afaik no MA app ever made its way to iOS

might be wrong, but i dont think it will. afaik no MA app ever made its way to iOS

Wouldn't have expected it if they hadn't explicitly announced that:

In October 2016 Entropia Universe will start to offer an extra layer of security called Entropia Pocket. Entropia Pocket is an App for iOS and Android devices that once connected to your account requires an extra security code provided by the app to login and access your account.

you cant even use the app yet! no way to activate it, not to mention im still locked away thanks to that fail programming with no disable button, support hasnt replied over a month now and now they announce this while you cant even possibly activate it?

This app is incompatible with your device.

Is that an universe in my pocket, or..?

Last edited:
Maybe Ludvig|MindArk could advise where iOS app is? What is the ETA?

hmm

so no gold cards in the future...

meaning people who don't use smart phones, can't play eu?

i hate smartphones sooo much...

why change the only thing that worked so good and long in eu..

not with 2 Step Auth, you could however download Bluestacks an Android Emulator, otherwise its buy a cheap android device that may/maynot work with the app, plus as android goes out of date on that device may lead to the app requiring a new version of android or the device becoming hackbait

let me add, i dont mind app based authenication. but i would have preferred all phones getting it or been able to use google/bing authenicator

the app should be available for windows, since the game is on windows as well

the app should be available for windows, since the game is on windows as well

wouldn't that be like writing your pin number on your bank card? (also for emulators like andy etc..)

wouldn't that be like writing your pin number on your bank card? (also for emulators like andy etc..)

i know what your implying, but a proper written W10 app is usable on Windows 10, Windows Mobile 10, Windows Tablets and Xbox One. makes no sense to miss windows out and its the users responsibility if he wants to use the same machine as EU is on. Plus the cheap WM10 phones are far better than the cheap android for the players who just wanna buy a phone as a gold card

i know what your implying, but a proper written W10 app is usable on Windows 10, Windows Mobile 10, Windows Tablets and Xbox One. makes no sense to miss windows out and its the users responsibility if he wants to use the same machine as EU is on. Plus the cheap WM10 phones are far better than the cheap android for the players who just wanna buy a phone as a gold card

buying smartphone as goldcard? as there is no other use for the worlds rare ressources..
but that aside...

still can't understand why they spend development time and money to change a system that worked for years and years without any problems...the smoothest running system they ever implemented..

Last edited:
still can't understand why they spend development time and money to change a system that worked for years and years without any problems...the smoothest running system they ever implemented..

as long as your device isn't compremised, its more secure. A rolling code updated every 30 seconds stops someone just aquirring a code list and working down it. Plus it gives secure log in for the new players from day one.

i dunno the costs MA pay for a Gold card & reader, but the app has to be cheaper.

The problem i find is, there is 10-20% of players who either a: have a Windows device or b: no Smartphone or c: Hyper paranoid

Let me add, i have a kindle fire with access to play store, so depending on if the app works (it should do as Virtual Tycoon and Compet does) so i can keep access, i much would prefer Windows Mobile app. However i'd spend a fortune on boxes if i could log in at work....

Last edited:
Oh really good! It is a good news! :yay:

as long as your device isn't compremised, its more secure. A rolling code updated every 30 seconds stops someone just aquirring a code list and working down it. Plus it gives secure log in for the new players from day one.

i dunno the costs MA pay for a Gold card & reader, but the app has to be cheaper.

The problem i find is, there is 10-20% of players who either a: have a Windows device or b: no Smartphone or c: Hyper paranoid

That would be me..

i hate smartphones sooo much...

why change the only thing that worked so good and long in eu..

"Those already using the Gold Card Security System may continue to do so, but this system may not be available for purchase in the future."

Uhmmm......What about those that dont use a cell phone ( or even have one) :ahh:....Yes, thats right....I dont use or own a cell phone...imagine that :cowboy:

Last edited:

Because it doesn't and it isn't, at least not for everybody. Some people seem to have difficulties processing or even perceiving information that doesn't affect themselves. Those who had problems with their gc often also were badly let down by support and are relating their stories here. Never seen any of these threads?

Because it doesn't and it isn't, at least not for everybody. Some people seem to have difficulties processing or even perceiving information that doesn't affect themselves. Those who had problems with their gc often also were badly let down by support and are relating their stories here. Never seen any of these threads?

and you think it gets better with an app running on hundrets of different devices with different os version?

and no, i didn't see much gc problems on forums in the 12 years i play...
i desynced my gc 2 weeks ago and my account was available again via support in 2 working days...

but ofc you are right, i am a bit biased, because i love my GC and hate smartphones and i so god damn much hate the word "app" because it is a fancy sounding word made up for something that already exists in ages (program, application etc.)

Last edited:
and you think it gets better with an app running on hundrets of different devices with different os version?

I did not say that, if you care to read.

Some people seem to have difficulties processing or even perceiving information that doesn't affect themselves.

I think that's one of the best one-liners I've ever read. Is it yours, or did you see it elsewhere somewhere? I'm becoming increasingly interested in the general topic, which is why I ask.

On topic: is there a direct EU download link (or will there be)? I don't support the idea of having to be a member of A to be able to access B, and dislike it when people from B to Z simply expect A of you...
(I know there are issues of trust and degrees of verification for code, but still, I 'demand' a choice..)
edit ...must spread more +rep. I get this almost every time I want to plus rep someone. Note to system: I want to +rep on merit, why should I spread it more thinly than I would like to?

Back