Entropia Pocket: The Universe in Your Pocket

Unrealeased version working

I am still using the "Unreleased" version. Running it in BlueStacks on a windows 10 laptop separate from my Win 10 game machine.

Originally got it when MA suggested I get Pocket instead of the Gold Card offer. Because of activation issues I was locked out of my account for close to a week. Maybe it was just a couple days and felt like a week.

I have a windows phone that cannot use it and have to have my laptop w/ me when I logon.

It ONLY generates security codes. If the released version does all that other stuff, it may replace VirtualTycoon which I cannot log into since Pocket activation.

Also! You need to contact MA support to get a scan code to activate & sync it with the servers. That takes a few days at least.

I REALLY want to see the other stuff it does!!

???
why "can't play" ?
is this app mandatory/obligatory ?

Probably no replacements available, eventually, so when yours breaks or you lose it, that's it.

I think that's one of the best one-liners I've ever read. Is it yours, or did you see it elsewhere somewhere? I'm becoming increasingly interested in the general topic, which is why I ask.

Haha, thanks for the flowers. I'm not aware if the same words appeared already elsewhere, could well be as it's not a complicated phrase. But at the moment they were mine. I realize I may have been a little harsh to our friend, but it wasn't the first response to the tune of "but... but...it works for ME so there can't be anyone complaining" in the same context over the past few days, so it snapped. Sorry about that.

Could say a few more things but actually it would be only repeating. I sincerely hope they sort support out as integral part of this new project, because leaving people locked out and dangling for weeks or even longer is just scandalous and a guaranteed way of losing paying customers who might even proceed to spread bad rep. Of course, we only ever get to hear one side of the story and folks can be often rude, arrogant or unjust in their communications to MA (who knows I might be myself even at the very moment). But I find it implausible that 100% of all those turning to the forums for help don't have a just cause.

(In this context -- I find it a little daft to bleat out "where's the IOS app" first thing after the announcement of something new. Developing the same thing for two different platforms costs twice the manpower, as the systems are sufficiently dissimilar. It is wiser to finish one first to the point where most wrinkles are ironed out and it stood the test of fire for a bit. Then it can be ported without having to repeat every single fix. Sorry you chose the product that didn't get served first.)

If the application is not available to the most popular Smart phones then you should be calling this an Alpha or Beta release.

Job is not done yet MA. :wise:

What? What is more "popular" smart phones than Iphones and Android?

If the application is not available to the most popular Smart phones then you should be calling this an Alpha or Beta release.

Job is not done yet MA. :wise:

Crap! MA, US App Store plzz

My phone is set to English and it's there in the Play Store. It is clearly marked with "early access" in the list and a warning "This app is in development. It may be unstable." on the detail page.

Dropped my phone today... so time to send my ID to MA again :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think now they have my drivers licence, passport, credit card, address, name, dob.... am I going to get my identity stolen? :D

Bunch of old heads in here resisting change.

Don't have a smartphone.. download bluestacks or memu.

Got a gold card? Just use it.

Got an iPhone? Blame apple. 2 week app review process. Just chill out.

Supplementary Note:
Those already using the Gold Card Security System may continue to do so, but this system may not be available for purchase in the future. Account security is MindArk's highest priority; any new security option that is made available to participants will make Entropia Universe accounts more secure, not less. Our development team looks forward to offering increasingly more secure and flexible tools for Entropians to keep their accounts secure in the future.

How many GoldCards do you have left and how do I go about ordering a replacement?

(Or shall I just ask that in a support case?)

still can't understand why they spend development time and money to change a system that worked for years and years without any problems...the smoothest running system they ever implemented..
Question: is everyone you? So then why would everyone want exactly what you want? I can no longer even count on one hand the number of times I went somewhere, intending to fire up Entropia on my laptop and oops...left my GC at home. But did I leave my phone at home? Of course not. I would never do that. Needless to say, I can't wait for this change.

Not everyone is exactly like you. ;)

I have a windows phone !

More than ever my soc name makes sense

It is available in the Swedish App Store at least...
https://appsto.re/se/aqiqbb.i
Crap! MA, US App Store plzz
u cant use the app anyway, no way to activate it

It's been available since June on Apple iTunes store
and since Aug for Android on google play
However scioee hit the nail on the head, you can't use them yet.

Because it doesn't and it isn't, at least not for everybody. Some people seem to have difficulties processing or even perceiving information that doesn't affect themselves.

Within the terms of EU and the forums TOS could someone please explain the baseband processor firmware issue to everyone in this forum so that they can make an informed decision regarding their mobile phone security and risks.

Unfortunately I can not comment beyond the above regarding baseband processor technology.

However the following is public knowledge and appears to be gaining widespread use in recent months.
For those concerned with their cellular network security, turn off the cellular radio and only use WiFi, and when possible ensure the WiFi protected setup option is disabled. Then use Signal or similar application that encrypts client side.

Last edited:
It's been available since June on Apple iTunes store

Then I was wrong about that one, they did indeed go whole hog and developed both from start. I just picked it up from those who complained first and took it for face value without double checking. Should not let this happen again. Gee, people are even worse than I thought.

You, me and about 10 other people in the world... lol

i have 2 :D plus a Surface, Lynx 8 & PC of course (windows household)

have a crappy hacked kindle fire too, but that runs like garbage & apps crash all the time. Battery is good tho

Just an off thought, after your linked with the app, what would happen if you factory reset or lost your phone? with the steam app you de-sync first and if you arn't able or you forget you need to follow steps with multiple security emails and texts to recover it. my concern is, if the only de-sync option is support like with GC, this could cause some issues, especially with their speed. My Wife's Galaxy phone for example had to be factory reset after every update or it would run like crap.

i'm in the Windows Mobile Insider Program, so factory resets arn't out of the question for me too (if i had the app, just wish they left the android emulator in the phone)

Last edited:

have a crappy hacked kindle fire too, but that runs like garbage & apps crash all the time. Battery is good tho

Just an off thought, after your linked with the app, what would happen if you factory reset or lost your phone? with the steam app you de-sync first and if you arn't able or you forget you need to follow steps with multiple security emails and texts to recover it. my concern is, if the only de-sync option is support like with GC, this could cause some issues, especially with their speed. My Wife's Galaxy phone for example had to be factory reset after every update or it would run like crap.

i'm in the Windows Mobile Insider Program, so factory resets arn't out of the question for me too (if i had the app, guess wish they left the android emulator in the phone)

The website removes the QR code once you have synced your phone. If you reset your phone or remove the app (or drop your phone like me :dunce:) you have to mail support to get them to remove the security from your account (with picture ID).

Once you've done that, you can re-scan the code and go again.

I have a picture of my ID permanently on my computer for such (certain) eventualities :D

The website removes the QR code once you have synced your phone. If you reset your phone or remove the app (or drop your phone like me :dunce:) you have to mail support to get them to remove the security from your account (with picture ID).

I have a picture of my ID permanently on my computer for such (certain) eventualities :D

ok let me hack that quick

Code:
/cmd hacking ID photo in progress ...... 87% .... pres (y/n)

ok let me hack that quick

Code:
/cmd hacking ID photo in progress ...... 87% .... pres (y/n)

I see dos code, we all know what that means, 3 seconds to 99% 4 hours to finish

I kept the scan code they sent me and have reinstalled the app several times. Just need to rescan the barcode each install or if it loses sync w/ the servers.

They sent me an email w/ the barcode in it. I have used it for several installs.

"Those already using the Gold Card Security System may continue to do so, but this system may not be available for purchase in the future."

Uhmmm......What about those that dont use a cell phone ( or even have one) :ahh:....Yes, thats right....I dont use or own a cell phone...imagine that :cowboy:

heh,same here,i dont have an mobile and never will want 1 if i can avoid it
i also always pay in cash,i hate pincards

i guess us old geezers are stubborn and dont like changes :)

Reactions: San

You hate pincards but use a gold card :scratch2:

Nope such thing as stubborn, only stupid.

No reply from our Forum Community Representative, lets see if Support can check those brown boxes in the stationery cupboard and let me know how to proceed.

Just because something can be done, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

PPI

No reply from our Forum Community Representative, lets see if Support can check those brown boxes in the stationery cupboard and let me know how to proceed.

Just because something can be done, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

PPI

True, why invent central heating when we had a coal fire, I sure loved watching the flames. Why can't I get home coal deliveries any more?

On the topic of our CSM, it seems he's gone down the same hole as all the others who have tried before him...

True, why invent central heating when we had a coal fire, I sure loved watching the flames. Why can't I get home coal deliveries any more?

On the topic of our CSM, it seems he's gone down the same hole as all the others who have tried before him...

If its not broken.

Dont fix it. :yup:

(I'd prefer them to fix the stuff that is broken, personally)

If its not broken.

Dont fix it. :yup:

(I'd prefer them to fix the stuff that is broken, personally)

It was broken, the company who made the gold card readers stopped making the gold card readers.

It always intrigues me complaints against here... People are fine using an online game which mimics a real economy, shooting virtual monsters with real dollar risk, but using a smartphone to authenticate a login? That's just one step too far down the technology path!

Back