Entropia Pocket: The Universe in Your Pocket

It was broken, the company who made the gold card readers stopped making the gold card readers.

It always intrigues me complaints against here... People are fine using an online game which mimics a real economy, shooting virtual monsters with real dollar risk, but using a smartphone to authenticate a login? That's just one step too far down the technology path!

I dont know if you do want to argue with me or not.

What I will say assuming "Not" that for those of you who want to use Entropia Pocket you go on right ahead, I'll get a replacement card that will last me into 2024.

If Mindark stop GC from working during that time I'll go 'bareback'.

Finally, some things are more fun in front of a real coal fire than a radiator. :smoke:

Reactions: San
If its not broken.

Dont fix it. :yup:

(I'd prefer them to fix the stuff that is broken, personally)
Usually agree with you, but not this time. See my other post in this thread for my reason. :rolleyes:

Usually agree with you, but not this time. See my other post in this thread for my reason. :rolleyes:

It's fine to disagree with me on this issue, I want a replacement goldcard & if 95% want to go with Entropia Pocket that's also fine with me.

piedpiperofhamelin.jpg

Last edited:
Cool works on my tablet. need to look into what it whats as the bar code..but before I do that I need to get rid of my cold first I think

Cool works on my tablet. need to look into what it whats as the bar code..but before I do that I need to get rid of my cold first I think

AFAIK you should get the same code on your gold card as the app, they both sync. So if you have both, you can use either.

That isn't possible, the gold card is a recursive algorithm - each time you insert the card it uses the previous value to generate the next (it may only show part of the actual result though).

They could never be kept synchronised, login one a few times using the app and the gold card would get out of sync displaying old codes. They just display the same number of digits.

Entropia Pocket will generate a unique code every 30 seconds that you can be used to securely log into one's Entropia Universe account,

More likely is that there's a unique reference number on our accounts that gets encrypted with UTC time on the login servers. It would be interesting to know what happens if the servers get lagged and delay the login for a few seconds - would the security code change at the server and invalidate the code on the app.

Last edited:
I do not get the app login on screen and the code generator just seems to loop.

Last edited:
Got Pocket setup on my account, but the code doesn't work :(

Just keep getting a Bad code error.

Anyone else?

Anyone else get notification "something exciting happening this weekend" from the app? Then just usual screen when clicked?

Yep, notification on iPad - also it said to check out the fb page for info

Thanks couldn't see that bit and don't have fb

Anyone else get notification "something exciting happening this weekend" from the app? Then just usual screen when clicked?

yep
cant see what was so exciting

Got Pocket setup on my account, but the code doesn't work :(

Just keep getting a Bad code error.

Anyone else?

Did you activate it ? You need to enter one code into the account webpage first.

I reckon that many are using it already, so my question is - if I activate it, will my goldcard become useless or it's possible to use either? Don't feel like going there yet if that's irreversible.

I reckon that many are using it already, so my question is - if I activate it, will my goldcard become useless or it's possible to use either? Don't feel like going there yet if that's irreversible.

You ca use both.

Nope, unfortunately goldcard's codes aren't accepted anymore after I activated the app.

The advert for the Pocket app states:

"Content

Entropia Pocket is the invaluable companion of every EU adventurer, providing real-time information about system updates, in-game events, news and support information. Knowledge is power and with this app you can always be on top of your game."

My app has never done anything but give me security codes. When do I get to see the other features?

My app has never done anything but give me security codes. When do I get to see the other features?

Mine (iOS version) sent me a notification about the Merry Mayhem a couple of days before the event with the link to event page, and another notification the moment the event started.

So is the app working without any problems? I still didn't switch cause afraid of wrong codes etc.... although for me it would be much better solution to use phone to log in... GC reader is dying for long time now :D

So is the app working without any problems? I still didn't switch cause afraid of wrong codes etc.... although for me it would be much better solution to use phone to log in... GC reader is dying for long time now :D

It is working perfectly, never had a single problem with it.

Haven't had any issues (apart from an initial sync issue, just re-install the app). MA were very prompt when I had to remove it (smashed my phone...) but it's back on and working well now :)

Back