Help: Is armor decay returned in hunting loot?

Status

Mr_X

Mature
Got answer i need, thks for replies. closed

Last edited:
No. Increases variance.

Mob loot is supposed to be the cost to kill it or lower, OR 3x or more. The 1.01-2.99 x cost to kill loots aren't supposed to exist.

I have, however, seen 3 ped eviscerators drop 4-5 ped loots after they have beaten on me for a long time (for example 2-3 are on me at once). This would seem to suggest that the damage done somehow effects the upper limit of loot return. However, I don't know if this is based on armor decay, damage done by the mob, number of hits, healing done during the fight, etc.

I also know that there was an ATH mulman looter elite that was from a player who spent forever trying to kill it, which might suggest that his multiplier appeared higher only because this particular mob had a higher base cost to kill given it had so much time to cause damage.

Just my 2 cents.

-Sityl

I just don't hunt anything that eats more than 3% decay of total hunt cost.

Been doing good so far :)

Mob loot is supposed to be the cost to kill it or lower, OR 3x or more. The 1.01-2.99 x cost to kill loots aren't supposed to exist.

I have, however, seen 3 ped eviscerators drop 4-5 ped loots after they have beaten on me for a long time (for example 2-3 are on me at once). This would seem to suggest that the damage done somehow effects the upper limit of loot return. However, I don't know if this is based on armor decay, damage done by the mob, number of hits, healing done during the fight, etc.

I also know that there was an ATH mulman looter elite that was from a player who spent forever trying to kill it, which might suggest that his multiplier appeared higher only because this particular mob had a higher base cost to kill given it had so much time to cause damage.

Just my 2 cents.

-Sityl

I should do a test ... let a puny mob hit me for an hour heal myself up ... kill and wait for a xx PED loot :)
Imo it all comes (one's again) down to the question: Is loot predeterminded?
Im not the genius who can calculate how long a server need to creat your loot after you "adress" the mob by shooting it. Autoloot pill and oneshot a puny, if you loot shows up immediately...I think...Yes ;)

After a hiatus of four years I have returned to Entropia, and I am slowly piecing together a ghost set with 5b armor plates. I was always a firm believer in armor decay being returned in hunting loot, but never went about proving my hypothesis.

I believe loot, simple put, has a longterm formula of damage inflicted + armor decay absorbed. However, I am not certain of it, it's just a hypothesis I set forth. I was wondering if anyone had ever tested whether what I suggest is correct or incorrect?

One piece of circumstantial evidence I submit, to support my hypothesis, is the following, where a player, using supremacy and armor plates, can max the return rate of a player using the most efficient heal tool in the game, and who has virtually no defense costs.

All decay is factored into loot. However, that doesn't mean it will come back to you.

Not able to log in next days, but would this be a solid test scenario?

1. Take a friend with weapon and your armor and visit a shared loot mob that will decay your armor
2. Let mob work on your armor to create decay >1pec
3. Ask friend to kill the bugger
4. See what you get

:scratch2:

Not able to log in next days, but would this be a solid test scenario?

1. Take a friend with weapon and your armor and visit a shared loot mob that will decay your armor
2. Let mob work on your armor to create decay >1pec
3. Ask friend to kill the bugger
4. See what you get

:scratch2:

The % of your portion of shared loot is equal to your % of total dmg done, so if you don't shoot it, 0% = nothing.

However, to see if the amt you get is higher due to armor decay, you'll need high TT armor that gets really decayed, and even then it may be a no looter, which will really f*ck your head. :laugh:

I think the amount of damage done by the mob somehow affects the return, no matter if you wear armor or hunt naked.

Im controveraial maybe but all my best loots (its been a few the last years, BL1950, lc-625 gleamer, 37k eomon, perfected tr6 and some old arso ten and caly2 ten esition) have all been in full armor, and I hunt a small part of my time in full armor :D

PS: full armor = full supremacy

a part of the amor decay for shure, else I would have been, for well above 100 % tt return with my medium eco guns, for way to long ;)

but really not shure how high the percent back could be?

Loving the replies. Giving me plenty of food for thought. My best guess is that armor decay does not affect how normal mobs loot but builds up into mini's, globals and hofs, and that is how the armor decay is returned.

There is a simple way to test this. Hunt punies :rocket: style without armor and use a eco fap to heal in between. Kill 10000 of them.

Repeat the process but use biggest armor you want. You should get significantly more loot in general if this theory is true. I highly doubt it though. Then again people actually believe in lootius, so to each their own.

Ever since I got a resto chip & mod2350 I hunt naked 80% of the time, and my loot hasn't changed a bit (the healing cost is < 20% of what the armor repairs used to be).

Ever since I got a resto chip & mod2350 I hunt naked 80% of the time, and my loot hasn't changed a bit (the healing cost is < 20% of what the armor repairs used to be).

My returns went up 1.1% when I switched. Simply just increases variance. Doesn't mean you won't get 100%. Just means you got your returns more expensive than it could have been. If it was retuened, you could exploit it by taking large defense cost to always give you globals and hofs all the time. If it doesn't directly increase average loots like base dpp does, then it isn't returned in loot. Doesn't mean you won't get some nice multipliers but who is to say you wouldn't have gotten those anyway.

All decay is factored into loot. However, that doesn't mean it will come back to you.
All decay is factored into your loots and the code will literally remember how much decay it generated, however this doesn't mean that all of the decay will get returned to you.

Even if the return was 98% for armour costs having no defensive costs is ultimately the best.

Im controveraial maybe but all my best loots (its been a few the last years, BL1950, lc-625 gleamer, 37k eomon, perfected tr6 and some old arso ten and caly2 ten esition) have all been in full armor, and I hunt a small part of my time in full armor :D

PS: full armor = full supremacy

You looted perfected tr6? :eyecrazy:

wow...

epic

Yes, armor decay is returned in loot.

1. equip armor(plates are not needed but can be added if you want, keep in mind you will probably be sweating a mob for cca 50 min, sync chip also not needed but if you plan to use it I suggest you use plates as well).

2. find a spot and sweat dry some atrox(im just using trox for an example as I did thise test on them), choose maturity acording to your evade lvl, if youll go too small, you wont get hit as often so not enough decay will be done to see a clear result. 10 kills should be enough.

3.do the same amount of kills without sweating the mob, without armor

Cant provide results of my test, as ive lost the complete data somewhere on my previous computer, but the results were soemthing like 2 peds return on an unsweated trox and cca 10 ped avg return on a mob sweated dry.

Didnt get any globals during the test and excluded no looters from avg return calculation.

Yes, armor decay is returned in loot.

1. equip armor(plates are not needed but can be added if you want, keep in mind you will probably be sweating a mob for cca 50 min, sync chip also not needed but if you plan to use it I suggest you use plates as well).

2. find a spot and sweat dry some atrox(im just using trox for an example as I did thise test on them), choose maturity acording to your evade lvl, if youll go too small, you wont get hit as often so not enough decay will be done to see a clear result. 10 kills should be enough.

3.do the same amount of kills without sweating the mob, without armor

Cant provide results of my test, as ive lost the complete data somewhere on my previous computer, but the results were soemthing like 2 peds return on an unsweated trox and cca 10 ped avg return on a mob sweated dry.

Didnt get any globals during the test and excluded no looters from avg return calculation.

no, pls....no..no....:o:

no, pls....no..no....:o:

what no?

it seems like you havent hunted enough yet to recognise a non standard return.

Or maybe youre able to explain, how out of 10 troxes killed every one will return from 8-12 peds in loot, please elaborate

what no?

it seems like you havent hunted enough yet to recognise a non standard return.

Or maybe youre able to explain, how out of 10 troxes killed every one will return from 8-12 peds in loot, please elaborate

I think 10 kills is by far not enough. I did ones a test and tracked all loot value from a mob (more than 300 kills). It ended up in some kind of a gaussian curve (standard distribution).
10 kills will end up in many different returns

(FYI: I killed totaly 30k mobs, more or less) ;)

I think 10 kills is by far not enough. I did ones a test and tracked all loot value from a mob (more than 300 kills). It ended up in some kind of a gaussian curve (standard distribution).
10 kills will end up in many different returns

(FYI: I killed totaly 30k mobs, more or less) ;)

differences in amount of loot when killing a mob that you have sweated dry and a normaly killed one are more than obvious. Its like 4 times the normal loot size, so when you go and kill 10 and each and every one gives you before mentioned return, there is no way you can say this is just normal loot fluctation or think that you have gotten 10 minis in a row.

and FYI ive killed 30k+ troxes, after that amount you have a clear picture of a standard loot.

the only thing that im not certain of is, if the armor decay done is multiplied by the base multiplier.

I have done some tests on Paneleons, but so far havent gotten enough globals from mobs sweated dry to conclude if the global value is increased with decay.

But in basics its the same, if avg global value will be few times higher then avg global from normal killing, it will be an indicator armor decay gets multiplied.

I'm pretty sure damage done effects base multiplier (1.0x), but that doesn't change return. For example, 95% of 3 PED is more than 95% of 1 PED, but they're still the same rate of return.

In the end, there is something you must remember:

The system can NOT loot more than the total decay it receives. In other words, total loot out must always be less than than total activity in.

As long as you understand that, then you understand what is and is not happening.

Status
Back