Uber: 8681 Veda Tower

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
After being pissed off at how broken the hunting profession is (after only 4 weeks), I went back to my bread-and-butter and got this baby!

L30 + Lvl 5 amp (as usual)

attachment.php

I will literally pay for someone to tell me/help me solve why my hof screenshots come out like this. It's not a ping problem.. my hofs look like this visibly in game... no swirls.. just dots. really really gay.

That's simple. When seeing lots of dots, you must be playing as a necromancer. :rolleyes:

More dots! More dots! ..... ok stop dots!

I have them like this _sometimes_ but not always. My educated guess is this is related to lighting conditions, meaning I get normal screenshots at (ingame) 'noon' and 'midnight' but glow-balls during 'dusk' or 'dawn'. Tinkering with O>Advanced>Shading Quality might help.

are you playing on dual screen?

no i'm not.

I have them like this _sometimes_ but not always. My educated guess is this is related to lighting conditions, meaning I get normal screenshots at (ingame) 'noon' and 'midnight' but glow-balls during 'dusk' or 'dawn'. Tinkering with O>Advanced>Shading Quality might help.

Well i played with everything on "very high" and then dropped it down to "high" to see if that would make a difference, but it doesn't....

Seems to be 1 in every 5-6 hofs gets normal swirls. Time of day doesn't seem to matter either as i've hof'd back to back within a minute before and had 1 w/ swirls and 1 like the ss above.

Honestly not sure what it is.... Maybe I can make a support case and MA can give me some more info?

Yeah same results at lower res on my laptop. I play windowed 1600x900 there.. but still high settings.

It's either a server communication thing between MA and my ISP (two different ISPs same result) or it's a graphical setting/frame rate issue.

I do max the game at 60 fps and I play with vsync on and AA off. No motion blur.

Also, according to stream recordings when I get SS like the one above the animation almost feels "sped up" versus a slower animation when I actually get swirls.

Last edited:
what GC you be using? some times ati and nvidia are a bit diferent. At least, it is also depending how the GC render the screenshot. Could be that the particle effect is made to use CPU (cpu particle). So maybe your GC only render things from into the GC. So you see only the texture of the particle (the dot) but not the animation it did.

what GC you be using? some times ati and nvidia are a bit diferent. At least, it is also depending how the GC render the screenshot. Could be that the particle effect is made to use CPU (cpu particle). So maybe your GC only render things from into the GC. So you see only the texture of the particle (the dot) but not the animation it did.

This sounds promising...

gtx 1070
i7-5830k

If what you're saying is correct I could potentially force some things to be cpu-dependent rather than gpu dependent.. such as animations.

After being pissed off at how broken the hunting profession is (after only 4 weeks), I went back to my bread-and-butter and got this baby!

L30 + Lvl 5 amp (as usual)

I will literally pay for someone to tell me/help me solve why my hof screenshots come out like this. It's not a ping problem.. my hofs look like this visibly in game... no swirls.. just dots. really really gay.

Gratz, and I didn't read all the replies, my best guess is to play with the delay before the screenshot. Either slow it down (Make the number bigger) or speed it up (Smaller Number). I am assuming you're using EULife Client.

Gratz, and I didn't read all the replies, my best guess is to play with the delay before the screenshot. Either slow it down (Make the number bigger) or speed it up (Smaller Number). I am assuming you're using EULife Client.

Re-read the OP. He said the issue is visibly in game (thus a graphic issue), not a ping/delay problem. Changing the capture delay would not help if the image captured does not pick up the swirl. :)

Re-read the OP. He said the issue is visibly in game (thus a graphic issue), not a ping/delay problem. Changing the capture delay would not help if the image captured does not pick up the swirl. :)

Correct. 300ms delay just makes the "golden balls" lower.. 600ms puts them above my head.

Seems MA has been slacking in giving me "swirls" like I want. 10/10 it's a graphical setting in game that I have on/off and the majority of players have the opposite.

I should just buy a bunch of terra 6/7 amps and adjust graphics every hof until I figure it out.

Back