new jumpsuit

I feel the worst thing about this mission is the way it's clearly aimed at beginning players.

I don't think it's overly cynical to suggest that the intention is to get new players used to the idea that they can buy gear directly from MA by cashing in items, and that this is normal.

I suppose it's some sort of saving grace that it's for a cosmetic item instead of being blatantly pay-to-win like some of the other so-called missions that have been introduced recently.

But if I were to experience this as a new player, I think my immediate impression would be that MA just try to rip off their players, and that would be the end of my participation.

People bitching about something they don't have to do and has zero impact on the core game play.

But it does for reasons mentioned a million times. If you cant see the poor thought with this, I don't know what to tell you.

If you still have no idea, I'll give you a hint:

A perfect chance to add some value to a near lost profession of texturing and coloring. Shifts to upgrade missions to induce a temporary demand for low mu materials that is not renewable in any way.. just very bad design and extremely concerning.

I feel the worst thing about this mission is the way it's clearly aimed at beginning players.

I don't think it's overly cynical to suggest that the intention is to get new players used to the idea that they can buy gear directly from MA by cashing in items, and that this is normal.

I suppose it's some sort of saving grace that it's for a cosmetic item instead of being blatantly pay-to-win like some of the other so-called missions that have been introduced recently.

But if I were to experience this as a new player, I think my immediate impression would be that MA just try to rip off their players, and that would be the end of my participation.

sad to say but i feel same.

in mission log is a sentence "if you lack of peds to buy materials, you can use EU tranfer button to buy ped"

i made mission with reson to get something valuable or at least reasonable cost, that is why i think every person who made any suit of this would be angry because it is basicly a theft.

i hope ma heaa this and remove that mission or remove cost from it.

81usd! for a suit that is given for free when you create avatar, just different color.

//mg

Wow, I don't even know what to say about this.

81 usd or about 120 CAD to change the colour on a suit that does nothing?

Complety missed opportunity to put to use the professions ingame and just sucks peds uselessly from players.

Good job MA. Way to waste resources on short term gains while simultaineously losing more investor trust.

so basicly this :suit: costed me 821 TT :)

For me, to get the green one, I had to kill 15 creatures. Also, supply 10k shrapnel and 45 generic leather to keep the old one.

To get to next step I have to do 300 killpoints of Sabakuma.

If you don't want to keep the first set, is it free then? (No need to supply any materials at all)?

for a suit that is given for free when you create avatar, just different color.

Not for me; when I started I got the OJ set, that MA took away from me. It can be good to know that the suits from this mission is the new "coverall" type of suits, with (for me) broken arms. If you don't like the new starter clothes design (applies to (F) version), you probably don't like this.

MA: We are making Halloween Event will you Guys chip in ? No? We will make you chip in :D

For me, to get the green one, I had to kill 15 creatures. Also, supply 10k shrapnel and 45 generic leather to keep the old one.

You still have to pay the shrapnel if you don't keep the old one. The generic leather is additional if you do keep it. None of the "upgrades" are free.

Seems I was wrong, I wrote that it'd be a week before the complainers were back, it was actually around 11 hours.

Anyone unlocked Stage VII - Colonist Jumpsuit: Stage VII - Black?

Btw how about Stage X - Colonist well known orange noob clothes?

It's a personal choice to buy/not buy the coloured suits, so no real issue with it.

I did wonder though why they just didn't do a mission to allow it to be textured/coloured but it is what it is. If people want to spend ped to get them is good for CLD owners.

Maybe in future there will be something linked to suit colour/rank.

Doesn't buying the Smuggler clothes on Arkadia (which used to spam for each piece of clothing) unlock missions you cannot do otherwise?
Maybe in 6 years -- err, months -- those jumpsuits will be required for certain missions in the same way?

Doesn't buying the Smuggler clothes on Arkadia (which used to spam for each piece of clothing) unlock missions you cannot do otherwise?
Maybe in 6 years -- err, months -- those jumpsuits will be required for certain missions in the same way?

that probably is the most optimistic possibility, and would maybe justify selling some colored piece of unequipping crap for nearly 90$ to the noobs, however old they are. :dunce:

butt knowing mindark, i'm not very optimistic that it's different than it looks like... :(

yes i made white one , and than realized i done mission that costed me 821 ped.

I'm sorry, but why does anyone jump the gun so blindly without first checking what they get for their money? Especially experienced players.

I agree this "mission" was not one of their brightest ideas and really feels like a rip-off. Also that the direct purchase way should remain the exception rather than become the norm.

It would have been better to simply add a (C) option to the standard issue clothes. Orange from start, need to bleach first. That's all.

When I started the mission, I was impressed, felt ok, I don't mind paying a bit extra in materials to keep the old jumpsuit and getting the next one. No barriers all the way with fairly low HP and skill requirements. But arriving at the Grey and White suits slowed me down.

I have stopped at the moment contemplating the 1000Ped cost required for the oils if I want to keep the Grey jumpsuit and get the white as well. Obviously it isn't worth 1000Ped. Clothing took a tremendous dive in value recently. Even a Storm Coat on auction isn't getting bites at 3000Ped. Suffice it to say, I will wait until I see a white jumpsuit before I buy it.
The previous ones are fun though, Star Trek all the way. Wouldn't mind a pure black one....

But, what I do see starting to peak through is this jumpsuit mission requires either some hunting to get the shrapnel and oils, or you have to source it from auction. Either way, good encouragement for hunters to sell their loot. Maybe, we can get this economy running again!

Time to stop!

I happen to be on Arkadia at the moment - the mobs for the kill missions and the POI are obviously different, but hey...

Anyway, I've gone as far as the military green suit and that's where I'm stopping. Two reasons; I would prefer to keep the old suits as I go along and thus it costs even more - and the next one (red, I think) is waaaayyy too expensive for something that, as others have said, does nothing.

Worth mentioning, I think, that foot guards cannot be worn over any of the jumpsuits. Presumably they come with built-in bootees?

I didn't think to do this - but has anyone noted what the requirements other than materials are for the various stages? I think my current one needed you to get to profession level 10, for example.

Ok, my turn to wade in on this a little bit....

We have two main lines of thought here concerning what we can pay MA for.
Opinion 1: if you pay MA for stuff it should be cosmetic only, on the lines that all of this pay-to-win will get out of hand, especially if MA just takes all the profit for your performance-boosting purchase.
Opinion 2: if you are going to pay MA for something you can't get elsewhere, then it should have an in-game function and not just be a cosmetic 'waste' of peds!

People seem to be missing the point that both ways MA is sucking your money out. Sometimes the players can be involved in the mu of what MA is removing, yes, but the more this style of upgrades continues and spreads, the more it looks like a 'scheme'!

At least the jump suit colours are not being sold with any kind of 'future function' bait. I worry that stuff like the land plots> buildings> growing fruit is a massive bait trap. We do not as yet know what we will be harvesting! MA may simply say that it is a 'cosmetic' idea with a small amount of function thrown in at the end. I am currently investing in this line on the grounds that it is some kind of business model (for players too). If MA is overly greedy (again?) then I may not be wearing any kind of jumpsuit soon, as my avatar will not be online!

Reactions: San
Ok, my turn to wade in on this a little bit....

We have two main lines of thought here concerning what we can pay MA for.
Opinion 1: if you pay MA for stuff it should be cosmetic only, on the lines that all of this pay-to-win will get out of hand, especially if MA just takes all the profit for your performance-boosting purchase.
Opinion 2: if you are going to pay MA for something you can't get elsewhere, then it should have an in-game function and not just be a cosmetic 'waste' of peds!

People seem to be missing the point that both ways MA is sucking your money out. Sometimes the players can be involved in the mu of what MA is removing, yes, but the more this style of upgrades continues and spreads, the more it looks like a 'scheme'!

At least the jump suit colours are not being sold with any kind of 'future function' bait. I worry that stuff like the land plots> buildings> growing fruit is a massive bait trap. We do not as yet know what we will be harvesting! MA may simply say that it is a 'cosmetic' idea with a small amount of function thrown in at the end. I am currently investing in this line on the grounds that it is some kind of business model (for players too). If MA is overly greedy (again?) then I may not be wearing any kind of jumpsuit soon, as my avatar will not be online!

MA have to make money from players (customers) or there will be no business model here.

Yes while I agree it would be nice to pay other players for this function, other players are also flakey in the services they provide.

But to call land plots a trap is ridiculous. "it will cost X for Y" is not a trap, just like going to the shops to buy a sofa is not a trap.

You don't have to have a land plot or a coloured jump suit. You don't have to pay for anything in EU, effectively everything is available for free if you spend enough time sweating.

What would people's thoughts be on a monthly fee (flat rate tax) or a % tax on activity? Because these are other options for keeping the lights on at MA.

Here is support reply, when i asked for refund :

Hi VVV,

Thank you for your support case.

We apologies for the inconvenience but we do not offer refunds in this way as all missions are entirely voluntary to complete.

As for the value of the jumpsuit, yes you've put down TT value into the process of reaching the White Jumpsuit but it is also a cosmetic item that shows your progress and an item can have value despite of a low TT value as I am sure that you are aware of.

As to the mission chain being catered to newer players, it is of course note intended for a "new" player to reach the White Jumpsuit without becoming more than a new player, a new player will be interested in the Green Jumpsuit to set them apart from the Orange Jumpsuits in the new player areas the next one will be harder and test their strengths, if they are not able to do it they can see it as a goal to reach to be able to do it to then reach a higher overall "power level" and so being able to continue to the next colored Jumpsuit when they are able to.

So the way you've completed the mission chain is not the same as a new player would hence I do understand your point of view but it is not full story and we hope you can understand that.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

so basically MA says that they want noobs to put their hard earned profit (if they are able to get anything anyway) into a jumpsuit that just changes his color until he wasted nearly 1k ped. once a noob allways a noob seems to be MAs new slogan. imo this is just a way to scam off noobs who dont know any better... because i really dont know anyone who would be willing to pay that much money for a shit looking jumpsuit... if it would be all black it might be ok but like that... no way lol

so basically MA says that they want noobs to put their hard earned profit (if they are able to get anything anyway) into a jumpsuit that just changes his color until he wasted nearly 1k ped. once a noob allways a noob seems to be MAs new slogan. imo this is just a way to scam off noobs who dont know any better... because i really dont know anyone who would be willing to pay that much money for a shit looking jumpsuit... if it would be all black it might be ok but like that... no way lol

Black jump suit is 5000peds. :)

And there already is a tax on activity aio... It's in the form of decay. Thats how planet partners and.mindark make money. It is of course not enough to pay for the level of development that the players require though.

Black jump suit is 5000peds. :)

And there already is a tax on activity aio... It's in the form of decay. Thats how planet partners and.mindark make money. It is of course not enough to pay for the level of development that the players require though.

Of course there is, but MA stupidly allowed deeds to exist. I view these items as "top up fees". I also don't have a problem with that - I won't spend money if I don't want to. I stopped before getting the Red jumpsuit, but I was fine paying the 20ped or whatever for the ones before that - that was my payment level.

I was more than happy to pay 3500ped for an adj EP41, as compared to other midrange pistols it was brilliant value - L1100E was 18k PED.

Noobs are not forced to get the jumpsuits right ? So no worries.

I think after some time this will be just another of 100 missions noobs pick up at the beginning. they would never expect to be able to do all of them right away so it won't have any negative effect in my opinion

Hello all,

after the update i saw the new mission with the jumpsuit and i did them also until i saw these trade-ins with a hell over too much materials only for a "colored"suit with NO benefits..

i am here in this universe for quite some years now..but even now i am surprised about the "strategy" or where the future goes into...

As posted in the support letter (on page 6 from Joda) there is no declaration why these suits cost so much..it

goes only in this direction --> yeah .-sure...they can do it later...and YES it will cost a lot only for the "benefit" that you own another suit than the orange one...

A NEW player which has no real direction at start ,wants to do these missions (because its a mission and all

players usually say : "accept all missions..you never know,what mob/etc will cross your way")
and after the 2nd or 3rd stage he realises ,that it costs a lot ( even 20 ped is a lot when you have only 1 ped)
-->then he is disapointed, and thinks about his future here in EU and decides to leave because later missions

could be or ARE as costly as this one.

The Design team seems to not look into the relation of money from the real world and eu...80 usd in RL are not that much...one disco visit or such ..but in EU its a hell of money....and when you spend these peds, you also

want a benefit from those..not only a "better" looking...for over 800 peds you get a good armor AND a nice outfit.

and my question to the design team also :

which situation looks better regarding Sales/marketing ?

this mission chains costs in sum over 800 ped...so lets say 5 ppl are doing it..(collectors or high lvl players)

5*800=4k ped

OR

the mission chain costs are about e.g. 50 ped in sum...then also many players (me also) would do it and they dont

have the feeling of a rip-off/scam etc..

e.g. 300 ppl * 50 ped = 15k ped...

it would also bring a LOT of more money to ma..they would have better reputation and more players would think its

a fair trade in..and they would also do some future missions in this way also---

so please ppl... dont bring your RL money thinking into this universe...every ped counts here...

Kind Regards,
Eddie

which situation looks better regarding Sales/marketing ?[/U]

5*800=4k ped

300 ppl * 50 ped = 15k ped...

Looking from the Sales point of view you miss the third situation, where most noobs get at least to 3 stage (1+3 ped * everyone) before they realize what's going on. As you've observed, they see a mission and they go all out to complete it.

Many new people turn in 5k of their hard earned sweat for the first stage of mission galactica only to get the useless for them green token - because galactica is forced into their tracked missions right in the tutorial zone, and when they somehow run out of normal missions (e.g. finished Hayes' missions at Icarus but haven't noticed Bukin npc, or didn't notice Broska after Bukin, both of which don't have the "!" marker) they see nothing but mission galactica on the mission log and believe that's the only way to advance in "storyline". And now they have 2 such "missions", with the suit mission being automatically added upon arriving to Icarus.

Now the question is, how planned is this situation...

Last edited:
Even for this forum, this is a lot of hate for a mission that no one is forced to do.

I didn't think to do this - but has anyone noted what the requirements other than materials are for the various stages? I think my current one needed you to get to profession level 10, for example.

I'll just mention that if this is true, then this is not a particularly effective naked money grab, since MA won't let absolute noobs give them more money until they have reached certain stages.

Last edited:
Very good point by Svarog. I hope MA will rethink this, it makes them look very bad, like one of the zillions of games out there who try to rip off the players.

I am fanboi for writing this, but if I am still here after 11 years, I am one. MA risks scaring away lots of newbies. Yes Joda did it unnaturally fast, but that name was popping up in globals when I was sweating my first snables. He knows there's a whole lot to be had in here, both as fun and, why not, even money.

If I would be starting afresh now I would quit it in a blink, as I did along the time with every game which would try to shove purple pets with glowing ears out of my wallet or who knows what else. Of course not all new players are like me. Some will judge that is not mandatory and will have an intuition of what else is to come. But the likeness of that is extremely low.

Current tutorial and newbie missions are very friendly. You even get a miniscule capital to get you going and experience a bit of hunting and mining. This silly mission is just so much standing against the whole rest of the initial experience and is a damaging impression.

Dear MA, if a newbie has some tens of peds to throw on that jumpsuit, there are clothes on auction. There are hairstyles, makeups, vechicles, pets. The symbol of evolution is watching the godam SIB numbers filling in, the depth of the finder, the CoS in crafting, FL, pedcard maybe even.

Nobody needs a damn jumpsuit to prove anything and to try to defend this mission is just silly. Btw, jumpsuits coukd be awarded for free upon reaching skill levels. There is no motivation in the spirit, lore, logic and economu of EU for this, other than pure damn ugly greed. As the two pec tax on equiping armor for instance. There was also greed when underwater mining was removed or when running speed was nerfed. But there was also logic and reason. Here is just "give us money". And it looks very bad.

P.S.: Planet Arkadia has a nice way to approach this, with their IFN chain. There is uniform and it costed me nothing to get it. Then there is continuity with the planet story, with a truly epic mission, not Galactica bs, which is deeply immersive and rewarding. Ask them for help in concept design, maybe?

Last edited:
Back