Gardening Has Arrived!

I've nailed down Alertness as a gardening contributor.

Where did you get this information from?

I know the refining of basic fertilizer is bugged until the next update, but currently i cant even put both of those items together in the refiner

Go to auction, click on orders, search for basic fertilizer and open the item info.
It is mentioned on the description of basic fertilizer that it is made with melchi water and any kind of fruit.

Go to auction, click on orders, search for basic fertilizer and open the item info.
It is mentioned on the description of basic fertilizer that it is made with melchi water and any kind of fruit.

So I guess most of the fruit issues should be self sustaining once you get going.

Fruit to make seeds
More fruit for fert plus some melchi

= loads of fruits.

Anyone know how many fruits you get from harvesting it?
Is it fixed amount like 1000 fruits?

Surely you get more fruits 'out' than you put 'in'.

Cheers

Rick

So I guess most of the fruit issues should be self sustaining once you get going.

Fruit to make seeds

= loads of fruits.

Cheers

Rick

I think the issue is that, you don't have enough gardening points until you build a Snug. Only then can you build your first Acorn set. You have to invest some Ped to start with. But it will only be worth while if fruits become very rare loots when walking.

I think the issue is that, you don't have enough gardening points until you build a Snug. Only then can you build your first Acorn set. You have to invest some Ped to start with. But it will only be worth while if fruits become very rare loots when walking.

I hope the spawns continue mate. If MA do that, they have "gifted" an entire business for free to the few.

Watching with interest. I gave up walking over the weekend as the fruits spawns were nerfed. I will check tonight what MA are doing.

There's already more fruit pickers, and likely gardeners than pet trainers. Yet the market is still under huge market manipulation. I was watching auction over the weekend, even in a falling market there were still multiple attempts to "fight" the trend by buying way over MU to push it back up. (self purchases probably using alts).

So the MU charts were showing higher MU than quite a lot of lower listed bars. In my view MA have a longer term plan, they want to increase number of pets being trained in prep for their next pet update. So I assume they want to make the pet food market more affordable to more players.

Like I say if you look at the number of pets being trained and measure that with how much fruits and bars are floating about, it's incredible the manipulation has managed to hold on this long.

Especially as there was 100K's of fruits listed over the weekend, that suddenly just disappeared (that excludes bars).

Well I'm personally down to just training 'one' pet now. So we will see what the future holds.

Rick

Fruit to make seeds

= loads of fruits.

Cheers

Rick

The fruits that are grown in the garden are different from those that you find and pick up off the ground. They are Transgen fruit plants. I assume MA has a plan for these. See my post on Page 5

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?288800-Gardening-Has-Arrived!/page5

I hope the spawns continue mate. If MA do that, they have "gifted" an entire business for free to the few.

Watching with interest. I gave up walking over the weekend as the fruits spawns were nerfed. I will check tonight what MA are doing.

There's already more fruit pickers, and likely gardeners than pet trainers. Yet the market is still under huge market manipulation. I was watching auction over the weekend, even in a falling market there were still multiple attempts to "fight" the trend by buying way over MU to push it back up. (self purchases probably using alts).

So the MU charts were showing higher MU than quite a lot of lower listed bars. In my view MA have a longer term plan, they want to increase number of pets being trained in prep for their next pet update. So I assume they want to make the pet food market more affordable to more players.

Like I say if you look at the number of pets being trained and measure that with how much fruits and bars are floating about, it's incredible the manipulation has managed to hold on this long.

Especially as there was 100K's of fruits listed over the weekend, that suddenly just disappeared (that excludes bars).

Well I'm personally down to just training 'one' pet now. So we will see what the future holds.

Rick

I dont think the garden fruits will be used for nutrio bars like the one's you find off the ground, They are different. unless they will create special bars with buffs or powers for pets.

It seems like such a nice idea. I'm just choking over the fact that the financial layout of getting a garden in this GAME is of the same magnitude as getting a real-world garden. Which I just did two months ago, and not in some misery-ridden corner of the world but in the same country our beloved GAME originates from. I am in a state of disbelief.

It seems like such a nice idea. I'm just choking over the fact that the financial layout of getting a garden in this GAME is of the same magnitude as getting a real-world garden. Which I just did two months ago, and not in some misery-ridden corner of the world but in the same country our beloved GAME originates from. I am in a state of disbelief.

Just because they both have the name Garden does not make them the same. The EU garden is a business investment giving the owner a saleable product. If you wanted to do that in real life, you would have to invest in a significantly larger "garden".... Sometimes called a farm, which is probably what these should have been called,, but perhaps MA are planning to introduce a new farm plot for wholesale production.

Just because they both have the name Garden does not make them the same. The EU garden is a business investment giving the owner a saleable product. If you wanted to do that in real life, you would have to invest in a significantly larger "garden".... Sometimes called a farm, which is probably what these should have been called,, but perhaps MA are planning to introduce a new farm plot for wholesale production.

I don't have a big farm of several hectares, but enough space for self-sufficiency or even a small business if I choose the right things to grow. Ofc if you're stuck in habits like just watching your lawn grow and spending money again and again to mow it, the comparison does not work. Maybe I'm just too old to imagine that a toy should be worth as much or even more money than the real thing it models, save for rare collectibles/antiquities. But well, anything is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Far be it from me to not wish them well with it, both MA and anyone who invests in their plot. (For the equivalent of one of the good LA's currently on offer, I could have that farm...)

I don't have a big farm of several hectares, but enough space for self-sufficiency or even a small business if I choose the right things to grow. Ofc if you're stuck in habits like just watching your lawn grow and spending money again and again to mow it, the comparison does not work. Maybe I'm just too old to imagine that a toy should be worth as much or even more money than the real thing it models, save for rare collectibles/antiquities. But well, anything is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Far be it from me to not wish them well with it, both MA and anyone who invests in their plot. (For the equivalent of one of the good LA's currently on offer, I could have that farm...)

Spaceships are considerably cheaper in Entropia than in real life though.... :tongue2:

Reactions: San
Spaceships are considerably cheaper in Entropia than in real life though.... :tongue2:

Not in recent years... just google SpaceX Rocket and enjoy the endless images of fireworks. :laugh:

Sept 2016 - SpaceX Rocket "Launching"

Jan 2016 - SpaceX Rocket "Landing" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd9ySTUVEMA

June 2015 - SpaceX Rocket "Launching" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYFLoTgO-xQ

April 2015 - SpaceX Rocket "Landing" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeIHJ-i7yVk

Okay there's plenty more but all those explosions get boring after awhile :rolleyes: :laugh: :silly2:

I grew and harvested a Bombardo and got nothing

I grew a caroot, got 10 genetic caroots (1ped each) and 0.56 ped water.
Both are still useless, because they are meant for future things. (Industry)

Not worth it at current prices for DNA Fragments

Can somebody clarify if it's possible to refine grown fruits into nutrio bars?

the gardening system

OK I am gardening, I have several issues with the system so far...

First; What logic is there to Only getting 2 (acorns) planters?
not to mention the increase that requires another (snug) building.
Now why would I need 2 buildings on my plot? to have 4 planters? :scratch2:
We were led to believe that we would be able to garden, no mention of MINI gardens!

Second; the cost of DNA, Are you kidding me?
These new fruits must be really valuable, considering what they cost to create.
No telling how long before we know what the value & use is of the new fruit.

Third; There is no information about xp or level?
So before I continue to spend tons of peds I would like some more info.

I have already wasted tons of peds on the harvesting system, which has been a major disappointment.
I am hoping gardening isn't going to follow suit...(flushing peds down the EU toilet):cussing:

sounds like the fertilizer got used to make this new feature... cause it's complete crap! :lolup:

Sorry to hear your experiences with it. Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Oh yea? How about that compet? Coming out of beta any time ???????

wth

I suspect you need to build the Snug first. I didn't have enough gardening points to even start Phase 1 of the gardening pot. So I have started the Snug building...2 hours to go until Phase 1 of the snug is done.

Any other ways to get Gardening Points?
Seems I am a Level 20 Gardener :yay:

How can someone who hasn't started gardening be a level 20?:scratch2:
how long has gardening been a skill?
I have been doing it for 2 days & I am only lvl 1 ex24

The profession of gardener will be made up of various skills. Apparently MA think being a lumberjack gives you a lot of the right skillset :laugh:

Still, it could be worse - you get space pilot skills by being hit by stuff. Having to be bad (or less good) at something to get more skills is a bit crazy :eyecrazy:

We will have to wait and see if gardening skills actually have an effect on anything, though....

how long has gardening been a skill?
I have been doing it for 2 days & I am only lvl 1 ex24

Maybe in future MA will add something like primary skill as we used for other professions but for now is just a profession with a lot of secondary skills that contribute like botany, inteligence, analysis etc.
As is now one don't need to have land plot and smurg, even no need to be at Calypso to be master gardener if he have other skills enough high.

*example of how things are easy to change - upon space motherships implementation everyone who had strong deposits habits or had fat storage or ped card got temporary profession name "Great Master space crew" as potential buyer and not based on skills, witch was removed with next VU

Last edited:
Want to try growing yourself but don't got a plot? I might be able to help. Shoot me a PM.

Crazy to think that our Economy in this game over the years in turnover could have purchased one!

I will just finish this off for ya, rather than reformat. :)

I just finished all 4 phases of building the plant Boxes. You are given options to grow all 4 fruits, however these aren't like the fruit you pick up from walking. They are genetically modified Versions of the fruit you pick up.

You can plant 4 plants per box - you can choose from the following 4 plants

Transgen Caroot Plant

Phase 1
- 1 Caroot Seed (refine caroot fruit)
- 50 Basic Fertilizer (not sure what is needed to refine this (Dung + ?)
(Dung+Growth Molecules = Energized fertilizer)
- 3 DNA Fragment A (do these commonly drop?)
Phase 2
- 10 basic Fert
- 2 Energized Crystal Cell
- 1 DNA B
Phase 3
- 10 basic Fert
- 2 Dianthus
- 1 DNA C
Phase 4
- 10 basic Fert
- 2 light Liquid
- 1 DNA C

Transgen Papplon Plant
Phase 1
- 1 Papplon Seed
- 50 Basic Fertilizer
- 3 DNA Fragment A
Phase 2
- 10 basic Fert
- 1 DNA B
Phase 3
- 10 basic Fert
- 2 Dianthus
- 1 DNA C
Phase 4
- 10 basic Fert
- 2 light Liquid
- 1 DNA C

Transgen Bombardo Plant
Phase 1
- 1 Bombardo Seed
- 50 Basic Fertilizer
- 3 DNA Fragment A
Phase 2
- 10 basic Fert
- 1 DNA B
Phase 3
- 10 basic Fert
- 2 Dianthus
- 1 DNA C
Phase 4
- 10 basic Fert
- 2 light Liquid
- 1 DNA C

Transgen Haimoros Plant
Phase 1
- 1 Haimoros Seed
- 50 Basic Fertilizer
- 3 DNA Fragment A
Phase 2
- 10 basic Fert
- 1 DNA B
Phase 3
- 10 basic Fert
- 2 Dianthus
- 1 DNA C
Phase 4
- 10 basic Fert
- 2 light Liquid
- 1 DNA C

Also just to add... This is what you need for each phase of the box (like the Snug house building you need to wait 1 hour between each phase for construction to complete - except the last stage)

Phase 1
- 24 Basic Nuts
- 4 T-Angles
- 14 Copper Ingot

Phase 2
- 2 Composite Planks
- 12 Small Plugs
- 12 Alicenies Gel

Phase 3
- 2 Angle
- 2 Bend
- 2 Advanced Cooling System Unit
- 16 Large Plugs

Phase 4
- No materials needed and immediate completion

Hope this helps....
and me too )

I grew 5 boxes, ended up creating a diverse set of:

7 transgender bombardo
11 transgender papplon
14 transgender caroot
21 transgender haimroos (2 boxes)

3,128,037 unrefined water

I think ill call it, the Obama garden. Costs a fortune, and so far, the benefits are missing. :)

- 3 DNA Fragment A (do these commonly drop?)

I get them infrequently off large trox globals and put on auc for about 1000% or so iirc.

I think ill call it, the Obama garden. Costs a fortune, and so far, the benefits are missing. :)

The best part of Obama ran down his mamas leg.

Phase 4
- 10 basic Fert
- 2 light Liquid
- 1 DNA C

This is typo - for phase 4 it need 1 DNA D.

Harvested today and gained 16 xp, 2 botany skill gains and 8% of lvl 1.
14 to 16 fruit from each plant and about 55 peds of water used in agriculture in future (maybe)

As I'm Grand Master Gardener level 86 (86,38) those 2 botany skill gains didn't add almost nothing.

And level 1 is not finished - just 8%
Need to repeat proces at least 12 times with 8 plants if progress is linear with 3 to 5 hours lost each time.
and ofc additional expenses for each time:

-8 seed
-640 basic fertilizer
-16 Energized Crystal Cell
-16 Dianthus
-16 light Liquid
-24 DNA A
-8 DNA B
-8 DNA C
-8 DNA D

all that multiplied by at least 12 times and ofc an big time (3 to 5 hours) lost each time to get to level 2 if ofc progres is linear???

You gain 2% of a plot level each plant and thus need 50 plants grown at about 100 ped each so 5000 ped to reach level 2

You gain 2% of a plot level each plant and thus need 50 plants grown at about 100 ped each so 5000 ped to reach level 2

I had 8 plants (2 x 4) so will be 1% from each plant only.

Back