Help: Contact with support

amien

Young
Society
Freelancer
Maximus "Max" Ownageus
Greetings,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes:

I've had an account since the Project Entropia days but have not logged in a while. Recently I tried logging in and couldn't access the account. Sent an email to support and received a prompt reply asking me to provide any info. I could about the account. I gave them my avatar name and whatever else I could remember and they were able to locate the account.

They informed me that the account was registered to an old email that I no longer have access to. They advised me that I would need to send in a photo ID before the email can be updated. I promptly did so and it was accepted. I know this because the last correspondence I had from them was asking if I'd like the email I was using to contact them to be the new email on the account. I replied confirming the same.

It has since been over 2 weeks with no further response. I have since tried emailing them again but to no avail. It would be nice to have a time-frame or an alternative way to contact them. Can someone help?

Regards,

Greetings,

It has since been over 2 weeks with no further response. I have since tried emailing them again but to no avail. It would be nice to have a time-frame or an alternative way to contact them. Can someone help?

Regards,

First: I don't Think you can expect personal response from support here on the forum. I guess in this subsection it's mostly us players who write and read.

Another thing: After a certain time of inactivity, I Think it's around 2 years, then your items are TT:d and your skills are purged. Just so you are aware of it. If you do get in though, you might get an offer to redesign the avatar though, as there has been a couple of avatar design system Changes. In the latest change the avatar look was completely gone (you will have to redesign the look).

A suggestion: Have you tried a password reset to your new email? Maybe they fixed it but they just didn't message you.

This is a huge update we just had so the reply might be taking longer.

Last edited:
First: I don't Think you can expect personal response from support here on the forum. I guess in this subsection it's mostly us players who write and read.

Another thing: After a certain time of inactivity, I Think it's around 2 years, then your items are TT:d and your skills are purged. Just so you are aware of it. If you do get in though, you might get an offer to redesign the avatar though, as there has been a couple of avatar design system Changes. In the latest change the avatar look was completely gone (you will have to redesign the look).

A suggestion: Have you tried a password reset to your new email? Maybe they fixed it but they just didn't message you.

I have logged in periodically over the years but thanks, I did not know about this.

I did try to reset the password, it doesn't look like it has been done. I realize that this is not the best place but I don't know of any other way of contacting support.

This is a huge update we just had so the reply might be taking longer.

I hope so! But if not, how else can I contact support?

Just wanted to update the thread.

They've replied and I have access to my account again.

As the posters above suggested, I seem to have lost all my items etc. but I suppose that's their policy (I had no idea/doesn't make sense why you'd lose items in a persistent virtual world).

I just wanted to thank everyone who posted in this thread. Cheers guys!

As the posters above suggested, I seem to have lost all my items etc. but I suppose that's their policy (I had no idea/doesn't make sense why you'd lose items in a persistent virtual world).

Let's say you back in 2005 had an apartment, and that you had 100xA101 amps. Then, 2010 you (temporarily) leave game (practically: you never log in), and 2015 you come back.

Now, for the apartment, it's a (more or less) physical location. That is, as long as you have it noone else can use it. If you log out and you never log back in again, it's a dead spot in game that can't' be used anymore - so it makes sense that if it turns dead and apparently (as seen in 2014) most likely won't be used again, that it is recycled.

For the A101 amps: Back in 2005 they were common and relatively useless (as you could use any size amp on, let's say Jester D1 so A101 was seen as too weak). While you were gone, MA made the "amp nerf" so that the TT carbine (ie Opalo) is only able to (with sane economy) use the A101 (turning the other options like A103 useless). Hence, A101 start to rush in price. After this, the drop rate of the A10x amps goes down considerably - probably because now people who used to just TT their low level A10x amps and being used to loot them regularily anyway now instead keep them, making the "ingame quota" of the, in this case, A101 amps, reach its cap. This means that unless MA "Pushes the button" (ie increases the ingame quota) it will never drop again. If there now are A101 amps ingame that belongs to accounts that in 2014 apparently is dormant, and that there are low-level hunters that are needing/wanting A101 amps, it also makes sense to remove the A101 amps that you have from the game, making the ingame quota go below cap, and allow hunters to loot them.

So it's a question where the items makes best use: In the inventory of someone who hasn't logged in in years and might never return, or give the players who are Active a chance to get it.

Another aspect is that there probably are tons of old avatars (like alt avatars that people set up long ago), maybe for test purpose, and from a data storage perspective it can be good to slim down the database. For "dormant accounts" you don't need to store as much information and it can be stored in a different location than the Active player database. Let's say a hunter wants to equip his Jester-D1 (silly, eh?). Now Think of the difference if database server has to look for the Jester D1 among 200k users that hasn't been seen of since 2005, or if there is just 1000 players who have a jester D1 in their inventory. Sure, database is indexed, but the smaller database it is, thte bigger the chance is that most of the frequently used data can be stored in RAM. Also consider a thing like backups and the time it takes to do it if you only do backup of Active players, or if you backup all aspects of players ever created.

For dormant accounts I guess they mainly keep a list of name, possibly encrypted password, personal data and TT value on PED card; and that a dormant user isn't stored in main database but gets migrated when he logs in first time after a longer pause. For Active players I guess there is a lot more data. Avatar look, inventory (including customization details of items - consider ad screens with images), skills, trade history/transaction log and so on.

Back