MA / Compet teams statement regarding trumpetta videos

Status

Me Really Never

Stalker
Banned
Statement regarding the Trumpetta videos.
Due to the controversy that surfaced regarding MindArk´s decision to produce and publish the Trumpetta videos we think that it is important to share our thoughts on the matter with the community.
Our decision to publish the videos was motivated solely by our ambition to make ComPet a success. For that to happen we need a large amount of players, many more than are playing Entropia. While we have a fairly significant advertising budget for traditional marketing we also make use of so called guerrilla marketing. That is when we do something spectacular that has the potential to go viral and be very cost effective.
The current election season in the United States dominates news coverage at the moment which is why we thought it would be a good idea to do something that could garner attention from main stream media. Several ideas were discussed but ultimately it was decided that we would introduce this new pet and make a series of videos about it.
Our goal was to have the videos be entertaining political satire with the hope that even supporters of Trump would find them amusing. It is clear that some people took offense and we would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you. It is clear that we could have handled this better.
We are a Swedish company and we would not presume to lecture citizens of other countries on political matters. Nor would we like it if others did it to us.
With that said there will be a few more videos up until the election is over. It is too late to change the format of the campaign and it has been very successful and cost-effective in bringing in new players. In the long run this will benefit all of us including deed owners, investors and players.
Best Regards,
Team ComPet

It is clear that some people took offense

Oh really? There are three Trumpetta videos on Youtube, they have 27, 99 and 74 views, zero comments, zero dislikes, one has one like.

This sounds more like "bah, no one cares, let's try again".

Last edited:
just saw these for the first time right now.
These videos are horrible lol. They don't even make any sense and as pointed out they have less than 100 views so clearly they didn't reach many people.

Funny to see Mindark jumping on trump in their own weird swedish way tho.

Should have probably tried that PPAP, Pen, Apple, Pineapple song thingy with compets dancing.

Might have attracted more viewers imo. :laugh:

"It is too late to change the format of the campaign and it has been very successful and cost-effective in bringing in new players. In the long run this will benefit all of us including deed owners, investors and players."

From a hundred views....really? (What a complete waste of time and effort from MA.)

Yet again MA prove they are incapable of advertising.....ANYTHING. More importantly this shows they have no means of measuring how successful any marketing is. P

Rgds

Ace

also im pretty sure that its a safe bet to say that the 100 viewers of the video did get it from the compet facebook feed or the compet website... so practically only people who allready knew compet have seen it. clever advertising indeed

i don't care about compet, its boring as hell

but maybe i would laugh about some hillaryous vids too :lolup:

That Bird-Trump video sucks even more than the Compet Story...

Thats why I made a suggestion on the Compet Forum. It boils down that Compet could be a game where kids in school tell others:

"Ehh.. crazy shit. That cat just poked the dogs eye and ate it ... muharharhar... like what the f.... check it out..." :eyecrazy: :lolup:
:rolleyes:

PS: Seriously MA-Compet... those videos are REALLY stupid... who the f. is your audience? And even more WHO is responsible for that? Are you on drugs?? BTW. I bet a lot of EU players are aksing the same question after 1 year playing...

Last edited:
Perhaps it'd be cheaper and more effective if they made something like...

Only thing I care about is this shit polluting our EU forum, dump it in the compet forum where it should be.

Jeezus! It's too shit, i mean short.

Only thing I care about is this shit polluting our EU forum, dump it in the compet forum where it should be.

i didnt post it because its about compet. i did post it because it is a very rare occurence to get any information from MA in any kind and i found it interesting to see MAs behaviour considering bad advertisement. so not at all compet related. maybe its time to calm your tits and stop raging against anything.
i bet a few people found this interesting.

i didnt post it because its about compet. i did post it because it is a very rare occurence to get any information from MA in any kind and i found it interesting to see MAs behaviour considering bad advertisement. so not at all compet related. maybe its time to calm your tits and stop raging against anything.
i bet a few people found this interesting.

Well 85 people found it interesting (views) :D.

Status
Back