Spreading out too thinly (to extinction?) and limited availabilities

jetsina

Elite
Hi folks,
I've been thinking about the way MA introduces stuff again and again that seems to end up as a dead end (or a place that only has room for a couple of players).
It affects whole professions and goes right down to individual places.

Harvesting, for example, was introduced quite a while back now as a support to the land plots by making composite planks. The only board with any reasonable mu potential is the long moonleaf, as it comes from the rarest lvl3 tree type, but even at a snail's pace enough can be harvested to feed the also very slow introduction of land plots which need the planks. The ph-3 unlimited harvester is out there at a level much higher than people can use, and the ph-4(L) is simple not worth using at all due to the cost:benefit ratio. Nor is the ph-2(L), for that matter, as it cannot do lvl3. The result: people have the tools but there is not much point = a fail!

Now, as a new addition, we have gardening. Put aside the need to spend quite a bit to even get close to a fruit box, the materials for growing each plant include 3 DNA-As. It doesn't look to me like that is in supply at anything like what is required for more than a really low number of people growing stuff.
Admittedly, we don't yet know what will come out the other end, but I'm not exactly holding my breath. Now in theory, growing guaranteed fruit could be an mu gain at the end of the chain, even with a high mu for the mats and the cost to get gardening in the first place, but it's going to limit itself to far lower than the number of people with land plots, even in the current settlements! They will end up virtually dead - a fail!

Now, MA have stated plans to expand the options for plots, with the snug only planned as a small starter! They have also hinted that settlements may invest and work together in some kind of competition against other settlements, but this is surely way off in the future if MA turn away to develop content for space, taming, mind force, etc etc.

It seems to me that if you only have 50 active participants (at best?) in an area MA have concentrated on, then it is not very viable for growth in player numbers. Neither over-availability nor under-availability will work out.

We need cycles and circles, surely, not new dead ends again and again.
Thoughts?

The ph-3 unlimited harvester is out there at a level much higher than people can use

:scratch2:

I don't think I know anyone who is NOT maxed on it. Pretty much every lvl 30 allrounder is maxed automatically by virtue of general skills.

Harvesting has its problematic points (you cannot cycle much there, and even if you could, there isn't much demand) but tools having too high requirements? no way.

Speaking of demand, I'd like to revive my suggestion of moonleaf texture.

Last edited:
:scratch2:

I don't think I know anyone who is NOT maxed on it. Pretty much every lvl 30 allrounder is maxed automatically by virtue of general skills.

Harvesting has its problematic points (you cannot cycle much there, and even if you could, there isn't much demand) but tools having too high requirements? no way.

Speaking of demand, I'd like to revive my suggestion of moonleaf texture.
He means 90% of the time you only need a level 1 or 2 due to the trees I think

I think MA sometimes ignores the fact that the "E" in RCE is "Economy". There comes a time when the game developers in a RCE MMORPG reach the limits of their economics knowledge/experience, if they even had any to begin with, and the need to hire on that type of expertise is needed.

As OP stated, "Neither over-availability nor under-availability will work out", but yet we have seen this play out repeatedly. I think MA should put together a group of economists to look at both fixing all the existing rabbit holes that have been created in various markets, market manipulations, etc., and then consult on future initiatives to create sustainable long-term markets. The current method of rolling out an initiative, everyone scrambling to meet immediate market demand, and then market saturation and subsequent death of a profession or skill is getting real old.

Seems like my PH-3 is on its way to the island of misfit tools & mats :)

If you have the PH-3 uL, you don´t need any other harvester, you can use it on small and medium trees aswell.

I think MA sometimes ignores the fact that the "E" in RCE is "Economy". ...
I think MA should put together a group of economists ...
The current method of rolling out an initiative... is getting real old.

Seems like my PH-3 is on its way to the island of misfit tools & mats :)

Yes, very much agree!

>The ph-3 unlimited harvester is out there at a level much higher than people can use...

Thanks for the other comments on ph-3s. I actually meant there are too many ph-3s out there languishing in storage, which means most have already been sent to Ostrander's "storage island" ...
It should have maybe read - the ph-3 unlimited harvester is out there at a level much higher than the forest regrowth rates can cope with (or than the moonleaf board markets can keep viable).

Back on the main theme:
it seems MA's main balancing mechanism for crafting and other activity is for one material of a set of ingredients to be very rare - and possibly adjustable.... except that they don't seem to adjust it, nor tell anyone if they do, nor where (what mob?) it has been adjusted to. It isn't working!

Agree, they make this system that really only 50 some as you estimated are using it. And you are right, they have a history of doing this - hangars and I would even say motherships. I don't understand if they think it will take off and grow... it's not that it isn't a great idea, but why put resources into something that only will attract or keep a tiny fraction of players. It's just too expensive to own a plot, build a building, and now get this stuff together for plants - some can do it, but only some.

yup!

Oh, actually, I have realised that there is one introduction which was pretty limited when it started, but then got a new role and a big expansion of the existing one. Call it a sort of half-hearted riddle if you like - what system do I mean?
I think it has actually been fairly successful. Has MA learnt any lessons from its 'success'? Well, it doesn't seem so. So, what are the lessons we/they could learn? (once it gets named ofc lol).

yup!

Oh, actually, I have realised that there is one introduction which was pretty limited when it started, but then got a new role and a big expansion of the existing one. Call it a sort of half-hearted riddle if you like - what system do I mean?
I think it has actually been fairly successful. Has MA learnt any lessons from its 'success'? Well, it doesn't seem so. So, what are the lessons we/they could learn? (once it gets named ofc lol).

just a quick thought... maybe the 50 people they put new stuff into the game for are the ones that do 50% of total turnover in the game...

yup!

Why the secret? Just say what you mean

just a quick thought... maybe the 50 people they put new stuff into the game for are the ones that do 50% of total turnover in the game...

I'll assume that quick thought is more going with the number 50 than precise maths :cool:.

I actually think that unless there is a really good business option going on, that those who put money in for anthything special usually get the worst service/bugs thrown in for their being special. It could be anything from hard-to-use MS ownership or shop ownership systems right through to something which used to be nicely black or whatever, gets nerfed and then never looks right again.

__
About the example of good implementation - I wasn't going to keep it secret, but it is sometimes nice to realise on your own that something has been working well.
Ok, what I was thinking of is repair tools and the welding wire. Lots of (L)bps drop, so supplies can stay high, it uses mats and is used quite a bit by space MS crews.

The volumes used for repairing vehicles on land and in fort battles are pretty low, however, I would imagine. Still, it IS a system which I would say is working at an apparently balanced level, unlike so many others...

I suspect it's more like shooting out whatever vaguely game related "functions / features" into the game and see what "sticks" (gets popular).

I think they themselves have no idea of what they are doing currently or what they need to do.

Whatever gets popular will have more effort put in, probably.

Also it gives them a list of features to talk about if they are looking for investors or advertising. Regardless of how well implemented they are.

I think they themselves have no idea of what they are doing currently or what they need to do.

Completely lacking in underlying competence, you mean? I think I should stress the word underlying. That recent press release after the compettrumpwhatever videos looked like it had been written before they even launched the vids, like a pre-programmed response no matter what....

You may be pretty close with your whole statement there. Of course, nothing catches on and becomes popular because it all fizzles out very very fast. They seem to have no idea of how to keep a fire going once started, or what is necessary for that to happen. It's like they very slowly go looking for firewood, but they then get distracted even from that.

Well, I didn't know that opinion was going to come out.... still recognising it in words (or pictures) is something maybe.

Anyway, positive, positive, breathe, breathe - repairing with welding wire... what was right with that that has been got wrong with so much else?

Completely lacking in underlying competence, you mean? I think I should stress the word underlying. That recent press release after the compettrumpwhatever videos looked like it had been written before they even launched the vids, like a pre-programmed response no matter what....

You may be pretty close with your whole statement there. Of course, nothing catches on and becomes popular because it all fizzles out very very fast. They seem to have no idea of how to keep a fire going once started, or what is necessary for that to happen. It's like they very slowly go looking for firewood, but they then get distracted even from that.

Well, I didn't know that opinion was going to come out.... still recognising it in words (or pictures) is something maybe.

Anyway, positive, positive, breathe, breathe - repairing with welding wire... what was right with that that has been got wrong with so much else?

you shortly mentioned something regarding compet... this is pcf. we are not allowed to talk anything about compet here no matter what. be careful before the modnazis ban your account or close this thread!

not allowed to talk anything about ...

If you quote something that maybe shouldn't be, then I can't edit it out, can I?
Otherwise it could easily be changed to: a release about videos for a different MA project....
Also, perhaps you should edit your own terminology there - I assume it needs to be revised...

Anyway, I'm trying to evaluate what sort of plan or development strategy is forming from changes in what is being developed, and if it isn't working, why that is. That's the discussion I'd like to have...

If you quote something that maybe shouldn't be, then I can't edit it out, can I?
Otherwise it could easily be changed to: a release about videos for a different MA project....
Also, perhaps you should edit your own terminology there - I assume it needs to be revised...

Anyway, I'm trying to evaluate what sort of plan or development strategy is forming from changes in what is being developed, and if it isn't working, why that is. That's the discussion I'd like to have...

Everything (ok almost everything) that is being introduced over the last few years has been aimed i think at reducing ingame liabilities that exist. Item buys direct from MA via missions, deeds, land plot builds, account bound, untradeable expensive clothes missions etc etc... This seems to be the main priority with all new stuff now, give xxxx ped for an item with tt xx ped, build a snug for xxxx ped, garden for xxx ped. With item buys for example this acts to devalue items already in game and cap value of whatever bought (adj bio, fap, gun etc) by the cost of achieving the bought upgrade.

I can't even think of anything for non hunt professions over the last few years with exception on Expl I-IV bp's (success?..) that has come through. Just seems the main push is to sell everyone stuff direct so MA/PP's get all the mark up and shovel that $ in as fast as they can. Now i got an adj bio chip and it is a cool toy but if everything carries on down this path who will buy anything anymore to craft etc. Way things are going they may as well just put everything in the webshop and kill off crafting altogether :laugh:.

Everything (ok almost everything) that is being introduced over the last few years has been aimed i think at reducing ingame liabilities that exist. Item buys direct from MA via missions, deeds, land plot builds, account bound, untradeable expensive clothes missions etc etc... This seems to be the main priority with all new stuff now, give xxxx ped for an item with tt xx ped, build a snug for xxxx ped, garden for xxx ped. With item buys for example this acts to devalue items already in game and cap value of whatever bought (adj bio, fap, gun etc) by the cost of achieving the bought upgrade.

I can't even think of anything for non hunt professions over the last few years with exception on Expl I-IV bp's (success?..) that has come through. Just seems the main push is to sell everyone stuff direct so MA/PP's get all the mark up and shovel that $ in as fast as they can. Now i got an adj bio chip and it is a cool toy but if everything carries on down this path who will buy anything anymore to craft etc. Way things are going they may as well just put everything in the webshop and kill off crafting altogether :laugh:.
Pretty much.

Hi folks,
I've been thinking about the way MA introduces stuff again and again that seems to end up as a dead end (or a place that only has room for a couple of players).
It affects whole professions and goes right down to individual places.

Harvesting, for example, was introduced quite a while back now as a support to the land plots by making composite planks. The only board with any reasonable mu potential is the long moonleaf, as it comes from the rarest lvl3 tree type, but even at a snail's pace enough can be harvested to feed the also very slow introduction of land plots which need the planks. The ph-3 unlimited harvester is out there at a level much higher than people can use, and the ph-4(L) is simple not worth using at all due to the cost:benefit ratio. Nor is the ph-2(L), for that matter, as it cannot do lvl3. The result: people have the tools but there is not much point = a fail!

Now, as a new addition, we have gardening. Put aside the need to spend quite a bit to even get close to a fruit box, the materials for growing each plant include 3 DNA-As. It doesn't look to me like that is in supply at anything like what is required for more than a really low number of people growing stuff.
Admittedly, we don't yet know what will come out the other end, but I'm not exactly holding my breath. Now in theory, growing guaranteed fruit could be an mu gain at the end of the chain, even with a high mu for the mats and the cost to get gardening in the first place, but it's going to limit itself to far lower than the number of people with land plots, even in the current settlements! They will end up virtually dead - a fail!

Now, MA have stated plans to expand the options for plots, with the snug only planned as a small starter! They have also hinted that settlements may invest and work together in some kind of competition against other settlements, but this is surely way off in the future if MA turn away to develop content for space, taming, mind force, etc etc.

It seems to me that if you only have 50 active participants (at best?) in an area MA have concentrated on, then it is not very viable for growth in player numbers. Neither over-availability nor under-availability will work out.

We need cycles and circles, surely, not new dead ends again and again.
Thoughts?
I've consistently noticed the same thing going on in all the professions, not just the newly released diversions. My interpretation is that MA's primary revenue source is a small number of very high rolling players, with the rest of us functioning to provide a credible ambience for those few. In that business model, it makes sense for MA to constantly introduce very small numbers of very cool toys for the wealthiest few to overspend on so that they can look and feel good.

...aimed i think at reducing ingame liabilities that exist. Item buys direct from MA via missions, deeds, land plot builds, account bound, untradeable expensive clothes missions etc etc...

That's a really good point on the new stuff, yes. However, I wonder to what extent it is actually reducing liabilities, or is it just slowing down a growth in the accumulation of tt values? Actually I'd have thought that cycling activities take off by far the highest amount of ingame liabilities through decay being the way in which the liabilities get transferred to MA's revenues. What would the result be in decay from crafting, say, new spacecraft? But motherships, red quads, those superfap thingies from the space mission and upgrade weapons, buy-ins to smuggler areas etc are surely very strong indicators of repeated one-time lowering of liabilities compared to in-game perceived values, yes. Maybe MA think it is quicker and easier, but I don't think it is good for the game.

Lefty: My interpretation is that MA's primary revenue source is a small number of very high rolling players...

That's along the same lines of quick thought as the 50 players providing 50% of revenue we had earlier. I realise the numbers are rather plucked from the sky there (and it was me that started the 50 thing), but can it really be about sucking deposits from the high rolling ones through toys? The time gaps between new stuff and the 'usefulness' or 'enjoyment' factors don't make it very plausible for me.

I'm also unsure about the idea that new stuff creates a valuable increase in platform options that can be marketed to attract new pps. My thread is suggesting that MA stuff is already spreading itself too thinly, with nothing new at a reasonably complete stage and that this will increase the gaps for any one dev area even more (see space, for example).

But I love the input so far - really insightful into what we, at least, are thinking! :yay:

I'd have thought that cycling activities take off by far the highest amount of ingame liabilities through decay being the way in which the liabilities get transferred to MA's revenues. What would the result be in decay from crafting, say, new spacecraft? But motherships, red quads, those superfap thingies from the space mission and upgrade weapons, buy-ins to smuggler areas etc are surely very strong indicators of repeated one-time lowering of liabilities compared to in-game perceived values, yes. Maybe MA think it is quicker and easier, but I don't think it is good for the game.

Did cycling work?

That's a really good point on the new stuff, yes. However, I wonder to what extent it is actually reducing liabilities, or is it just slowing down a growth in the accumulation of tt values? Actually I'd have thought that cycling activities take off by far the highest amount of ingame liabilities through decay being the way in which the liabilities get transferred to MA's revenues. What would the result be in decay from crafting, say, new spacecraft? But motherships, red quads, those superfap thingies from the space mission and upgrade weapons, buy-ins to smuggler areas etc are surely very strong indicators of repeated one-time lowering of liabilities compared to in-game perceived values, yes. Maybe MA think it is quicker and easier, but I don't think it is good for the game.

Not sure really what the answer is, or if in fact is good or bad for the game to be honest. I do think though that crafting needs a good solid look at by MA and PP's, in regard to why would people bother to buy/use most of crafted end products. Maybe thats why expl I-IV prints to create a glut of cheap residue to lower crafted sale price of goods.

I have and always had a problem with how MA handles resources in general. I am not sure on the exact causes (like database difficulties), but:

1. Was it really necessary to have even on Calypso SO many ores and enmatters? Then, was it really necessary to put each PP come with its own batch of such stackables?

2. Subsequent, is really necessary the current overwhelming number of blueprints? How about the components used? For example, there are some weapons in the prosecutor series which use some components which I saw, iirc, from fungoids and thorio shamans. TT food. The overwhelming majority of robot components have not been transactioned on auction this year. We are in october ffs. Why have all this litter around?

3. With the introduction of upgrades, was it really necessary to introduce yet a new batch of fresh new components? Why?? Why not use instead of, say, generic nano adjuster the damn robot power amplifier? Or any of the other 30 (?) completely useless robot pieces.

I am struggling on daily basis with this. And an amusing example is that I have a stuck mission "Gather parts from the Trooper robot" (not ever important, I think is one of those silly missions which give nova), but which cannot be completed because the old useless robot components (radiator, electromatrix etc) don't drop themselves anymore.

Why create all these generations of items and components which are left aside once every two years or so instead of simply reusing them, this I don't understand. Maybe crafting would be much more flexible and interesting with less of those blueprints. Who the hell makes geotrek ursus???

Here, examine its recipe and see how many of those ingredients are even available anymore. Why? And if MA doesn't want it on the market anymore, why the bp is still there, components and everything still burdening the database and blueprint book remaining incomplet for some with a useless never dropping bp. Why?

Same goes for almost half of the mobs. Why do we even have them? Just as more depositors of ammo and shrapnel? Wouldn't it be better and more flexible to have less?

And connecting to the OP, I would like to point that the most famous, populous and similar long-lasting as EU, space-faring MMORPG has inhouse a damn doctor in economics to overview the economy of the universe. And there every bloody damn item is used and when is deemed, changed and adapted. Why not here?

Not sure really what the answer is, or if in fact is good or bad for the game to be honest. I do think though that crafting needs a good solid look at by MA and PP's, in regard to why would people bother to buy/use most of crafted end products. Maybe thats why expl I-IV prints to create a glut of cheap residue to lower crafted sale price of goods.

Yes, maybe that was an attempt at rebalancing a bit between mining/hunting and crafting, but with so many possible end products now, it is clear that only some will be popular, even if you take skill levels and other factors into account. The high mu on the relatively rare ingredients suggests that some older stuff is still being made as much as possible, though. I agree it needs looking at by MA and PPs.

On cycling, yes I think it works for both MA and the players, especially if cycling actually accumulates useful skills over time. However, that has been neglected quite a bit with newer introductions, where only low skill levels are needed for maxing out, like in the ph-3 harvester, as was mentioned earlier. At least the repair tools required lvl 25-30 for the rk-20 - which had many people doing a lot of skilling up on motherships for a while (not only for disciples wanting to graduate fast).

edit: yes, Kerham. I'm not sure what priorities I would set for which changes, but it is part of the spreading too thin topic that is all across EU.
edit2 afterthought: however, when one mat is designed to be the 'rare' one for a bp, it is crazy that it is also the rare for other bps, as the high mu ultimately makes all but the best bp that uses it uneconomic. This is not true, however, for the stages of building mats bps, as they all have to be used to get what is required. We can see this in the land plots and gardening requirements....

Last edited:
Kerham

Because it's an RCE so everything has value and can't be deleted, without the owners calling foul play.

E.g. If you invest in a BP to 100%, even if MA doesn't want that crafted item anymore it stays in game.

The game is full of dead stuff that MA would prefer to get rid of but they can't, so they let this stuff gradually die away.

Makes it even worse with PP's and all their items that can be sold and listed across planets. It must be a nightmare for noobs.

This is how I assess it; embrace new stuff, and avoid old stuff like the plague. Because even if it still works, you're going against the grain, and MA will force you off it, if you don't stop using it yourself. (part tin foil hat there, but that's how I feel about it).

Rick

I have and always had a problem with how MA handles resources in general. I am not sure on the exact causes (like database difficulties), but:

1. Was it really necessary to have even on Calypso SO many ores and enmatters? Then, was it really necessary to put each PP come with its own batch of such stackables?

2. Subsequent, is really necessary the current overwhelming number of blueprints? How about the components used? For example, there are some weapons in the prosecutor series which use some components which I saw, iirc, from fungoids and thorio shamans. TT food. The overwhelming majority of robot components have not been transactioned on auction this year. We are in october ffs. Why have all this litter around?

3. With the introduction of upgrades, was it really necessary to introduce yet a new batch of fresh new components? Why?? Why not use instead of, say, generic nano adjuster the damn robot power amplifier? Or any of the other 30 (?) completely useless robot pieces.

I am struggling on daily basis with this. And an amusing example is that I have a stuck mission "Gather parts from the Trooper robot" (not ever important, I think is one of those silly missions which give nova), but which cannot be completed because the old useless robot components (radiator, electromatrix etc) don't drop themselves anymore.

Why create all these generations of items and components which are left aside once every two years or so instead of simply reusing them, this I don't understand. Maybe crafting would be much more flexible and interesting with less of those blueprints. Who the hell makes geotrek ursus???

Here, examine its recipe and see how many of those ingredients are even available anymore. Why? And if MA doesn't want it on the market anymore, why the bp is still there, components and everything still burdening the database and blueprint book remaining incomplet for some with a useless never dropping bp. Why?

Same goes for almost half of the mobs. Why do we even have them? Just as more depositors of ammo and shrapnel? Wouldn't it be better and more flexible to have less?

And connecting to the OP, I would like to point that the most famous, populous and similar long-lasting as EU, space-faring MMORPG has inhouse a damn doctor in economics to overview the economy of the universe. And there every bloody damn item is used and when is deemed, changed and adapted. Why not here?

MA has to introduce new components for new uses, due to the need for market control. If you used as per your example, Robot power amplifier instead of GNA, there is risk that someone would have X amount in storage, available immediately for consumption. The market value increase is not an issue here (we see that they include old crafted parts in the upgrades, e.g. hardened foil, renegade (L), h31a(L) etc). The issue is, MA can control the new component's drop rate, which controls the market of the new item.

Second, that recipe you posted is still fully craftable afaik. The ones that aren't are old un-eco (L) items which MA phased out (ones that used TAUs for example).

Thirdly, the reason for spreading resources out goes back to control. If you have 1 mob which drops all items, then it will be hunted exclusively and the drop rate is out of MA's control. If you have as many mobs as avatars, each dropping a unique component, the control shifts to the many (of which we are not organised enough to manipulate) and therefore MA. Obviously this many mobs would be silly, but MA obviously have a happy medium where control is in their hands.

In reference to your reference to EVE - inherent value. There is a significant difference between the two market systems - and one that people seem to forget / ignore when looking at the EU economy. In a closed system, where time = new resources, it is easy to make the economy work cyclical. Its similar to how modern economies work. In an open system (EU) were time+input = new resources and also time = output (to MA), it is far, far harder to create a cyclical economy as there will always be an output drain greater than the input source.

Last edited:
In reference to your reference to EVE - inherent value. There is a significant difference between the two market systems - and one that people seem to forget / ignore when looking at the EU economy. In a closed system, where time = new resources, it is easy to make the economy work cyclical. Its similar to how modern economies work. In an open system (EU) were time+input = new resources and also time = output (to MA), it is far, far harder to create a cyclical economy as there will always be an output drain greater than the input source.

To expand here and make a point - to have a working economy, the players have to pay not only for the background systems (your 95% return or whatever value you want to place which goes to MA) but also for the on-top economy (profit to other players).

If you want a working economy, you should expect a significant (2x) increase on cost-to-play.

Last edited:
Of course the points about invested past value and market control are valid. I understand their difficulties. But a different solution should exist aside from phasing out. Just as an exercise, how will things be in 5 years? 4 more blueprint volumes for weapons just because the previous 7 are useless? In my view the problem is that things are not connected between them enough.

I still believe that these new comps could have been replaced by rare ores or cold components bit harder to manufacture. Something already existing. Already controlled as value. We end up with lots of small markets and half-jobs which don't work together.

We end up with lots of small markets and half-jobs which don't work together.

Yup. I've also realised that even growing fruit once you have the fruit boxes is in stages, with mats that we may know after the patch, but the fruit we will get is new.
When I think of all the hoops and invested peds required to get a new resource that doesn't seem to be integrated into anything yet (again), it's a very long tunnel that MA are building this time. Where will the light at the end be?

Yup. I've also realised that even growing fruit once you have the fruit boxes is in stages, with mats that we may know after the patch, but the fruit we will get is new.
When I think of all the hoops and invested peds required to get a new resource that doesn't seem to be integrated into anything yet (again), it's a very long tunnel that MA are building this time. Where will the light at the end be?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kerham

Because it's an RCE so everything has value and can't be deleted, without the owners calling foul play.

E.g. If you invest in a BP to 100%, even if MA doesn't want that crafted item anymore it stays in game.

The game is full of dead stuff that MA would prefer to get rid of but they can't, so they let this stuff gradually die away.

Makes it even worse with PP's and all their items that can be sold and listed across planets. It must be a nightmare for noobs.

This is how I assess it; embrace new stuff, and avoid old stuff like the plague. Because even if it still works, you're going against the grain, and MA will force you off it, if you don't stop using it yourself. (part tin foil hat there, but that's how I feel about it).

Rick

Solution is to award owners of "old" bp's with same quality "new" ones, and then remove old ones. If MA don;t want on marked some kind of crafted weapon ( which itself is stupid - there are better ways of balancing ) instead of removing some component from loot and making some BP's useless to force usage of new ones it can simply trade with crafters, not making them feel fools.

Also if MA don't want so much imp faps ingame it may propose buying back such stuff from players. Even make it long lasting option in trade terminal ro some "return in" mission.

Unfortunatelly MA problem is not processing upkeep of MMO game. They are doing it so long that even complete amateurs can lern this after so many years. Entropia looks quite good. MA problem is handling economic proceses, which is not simple balancing case like in other MMO game. There are problems which even best Balancing Manager can't solve. What they need is full time economist ( even not "top notch" one ) to watch over market in EU, just not some compromited keynesian or other socialist. It need some moentarist. Austrian or Chicago school beliver. Smith, Friedman folower etc. Because EU needs more deregulation than regulation now. I find it bit difficult for MA to do as most of them are Swedish, and they used to live in socialistic reality.

Back