Question: Colonist Jumpsuit mission misc questions

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
1) The Entropia Universe website states the following:

Brand new Colonist Jumpsuits are now rewarded as part of two new mission chains: one on Planet Calypso and one on Planet Arkadia!

The mission chains — which are listed as “Colonist Jumpsuit” in the Mission Tracker — are intended for new players but are open to all. Check the Daily Mission Terminals on Calypso or the IFN Challenge Terminals on Arkadia for details.

The missions are designed to aid the orientation and socialization of beginners by enabling them to share a common starter experience.

I take this to suggest that there are two separate mission chains with the same name, one on Calypso and one on Arkadia, both of which a single avatar can complete. Is this correct? If not, how does this affect the completed mission count for each planet? Does an avatar, i.e., automatically get credit for the Ark mission by completing the Caly mission? Does Ark, perhaps, have its own separate starter suit that can be upgraded as an independent mission?

2) How does the mission chain handle an avatar who owns an (M) and an (F) version of the starter suit? My understanding is that each mission offers the option to trade in a suit, or to keep both the old and the new suits, but that suits traded in can be purchased later. Are you limited in the number of times you can purchase a suit? Can you purchase either gender of suit? If not, is the gender you can purchase determined by your avatar gender, or the gender of suit you completed the mission with?

3) Is there anything else in this mission you can do that is irreversible (in addition to adding it to the less desirable planet's mission count, or using the wrong gender of suit, if these things happen to be possible)?

I've completed the missions and now own all of them.

I had no choice in the gender of the suit.

I don't know if they can be mixed but I think not as they seems to give the same suit(s).

Those you don't want to keep kan be gotten again but only one of each as I understand it.

Since they are avatar-bound, why would you want to have more than one of each or different from your gender?

I've completed the missions and now own all of them.

I had no choice in the gender of the suit.

I don't know if they can be mixed but I think not as they seems to give the same suit(s).

Those you don't want to keep kan be gotten again but only one of each as I understand it.

Did you start out owning the starter suits of both genders?

Since they are avatar-bound, why would you want to have more than one of each or different from your gender?

Apartment display? Iunno :p

I'm just a completionist and don't like to permanently miss opportunities to collect things :laugh:

I'm just a completionist and don't like to permanently miss opportunities to collect things :laugh:

I feel you, but I think it's better to at least be aware that this mindset is easy to exploit. It means ceding control of your spending to someone else. If it's not real-world natural things you collect or artwork of bygone eras, it's contemporary people's creations which they can churn out at arbitrary rates if they find there are suckers buying them up. I also like to collect a few things I don't absolutely need, but weened myself off of the desire to always complete. Too often it just isn't worth it.

I feel you, but I think it's better to at least be aware that this mindset is easy to exploit. It means ceding control of your spending to someone else. If it's not real-world natural things you collect or artwork of bygone eras, it's contemporary people's creations which they can churn out at arbitrary rates if they find there are suckers buying them up. I also like to collect a few things I don't absolutely need, but weened myself off of the desire to always complete. Too often it just isn't worth it.

Well.... Having just paid 120 PED for the red Jumpsuit, I feel like a complete moron...

Then for the Grey one they wanted 500 PED :eyecrazy:

I think this new mission chain is intended as a PED sink/drain. Because the Jumpsuits cannot be traded, it will be money forever spent that you can never get back.

:handjob:

Well.... Having just paid 120 PED for the red Jumpsuit, I feel like a complete moron...

Then for the Grey one they wanted 500 PED :eyecrazy:

I think this new mission chain is intended as a PED sink/drain. Because the Jumpsuits cannot be traded, it will be money forever spent that you can never get back.

I've completed up to the red jumpsuit, but don't really consider it a monumental waste - as it was mostly "Hunt x of This", which helps with your basic skills.

The main reason I didn't really consider it a waste though, is because most of the clothes look fairly stupid (the "affordable to a noob stuff".

They weren't avatar bound long ago...

Back