Question: Skill gain bug?

LuisArkadov

Old Alpha
Society
Guess Who
Chenghis LuisArkadov Pandoran
Been starting to use taggers just recently & think I noticed a bug with the skill gains.

Kind Trooper dropped a Marber Bravo-Type Plasma Annihilator the other day. So now using it as a tagger & then switch to Adjusted EWE Military once critter is close enough.

Started from precisely 0 skill points on Plasma Weapon Technology.

Having my skill progress tracker open at all times I can see that even after switching from Marber (Plasma WT) to EWE Military (Laser WT) I kept getting skill gains for Plasma WT.

I tried the same thing with Arsonistic Chip II switching to EWE Military and found the same behavior. I.e. skill gains kept accumulating on pyro and not on LWT.

Anyone else noticed this? In case this is yesterdays news sorry for being late to the party.

Gear (just in case it matters when trying to reproduce bug):
Marber Bravo-Type Plasma Annihilator (tagger)
Adjusted EWE EP-41 Military (+A104)
Imp Ares & Adj Athenic
Auto Loot & Skill gain buff pills (10% or 100%)

I'm pretty sure i've seen this before last VU. Just never paid much attention to it thinking it's just a progress bar display bug. Since I've started from 0 on PWT and seen big jumps in skill with very little shots fired I'm pretty sure there's an issue.

Anyone able to confirm?

Cheers
L.

This is not a bug and has always existed. There's a chance that every weapon you used whilst killing a mob may get triggered an extra skill gain upon kill. Skill kill bonus.
Thus if you use a plasma tagger to tag, and then use other weapon, when you finish a mob you may still get a plasma weapon skill gain

It's the kill skill bonus. Right when you kill a mob there is a chance you get skills from all the weapons involved.

This is obvious if you hunt in team and you die with the mob halfway dead, even if you are at TP you will get some skills just when the mob dies.

Thanks for the replies.

Not sure though this Kill Skill Bonus explains it all.

Will test this again but I thought I've seen this behaviour while still shooting and not just upon the kill.

I.e. had 2 or 3 small PWT skill gains while still goin pew pew with EWE ep41 on the same critter. (At least I think i did)

Gonna have another look next run and then confirm if i'm seeing ghosts or not.

Thanks for the info on the skill bonus though. Didn't actually know about that either ;-)

Well if its skillgains on the final kill, its all correct as mentioned above - kill skill bonus (always been there)

If the skillgains come while shooting with the different weapon and mob not killed - then it is a bug - easy to test it (but I am to lazy) :D

So it's official....I am seeing ghosts!

It's like you folks described it...Those skill gains came upon kill.

With that being said I think I can contribute something to this 'Things that took you years to figure out' thread.

Cheers
L.

Back