I suggest disappear piracy from the game

If you get killed by a pirate while carrying no loot, no harm, no foul...
One pirate kills you once until another one comes along.

On a plus side, you (and the pirate) will gain space related skills as a compensation.

Don't carry loot... It is that simple. :wise:

Never no pirate has stolen my loot, because I never carry loot when I travel, but spoils my gaming experience, knowing that a guy destroys my spaceship just because he hopes to steal my money, then I lost time and fuel uselessly.

Do you like to lose your time and oil while a guy try steal your money?
Sorry, i do not. :lolup::wtg::wise:

I want piracy to stay. and i want to see real battle in space,
thats normal vision of player, ACTION.

This game is not EVE. Here, PEDS are DOLLARs, then piracy is steal, and steal is a crime.... :wise:

I feel good whenever you carry weapons and everyone is equal.:yay:
Pirates should only be able to shoot, to those players who also carry weapons like them.

thats normal visión of player. :yup:

there must be something seriously wrong with someone when he needs to go and abuse other players and kill them while they dont defend themselves in an online game, after just waiting at the same spot for hours for their prey. kinda sad.
all pirates say they dont do it for the money but they do it for the sake of pvp. space right now is not pvp. its player vs afk. no challenge. no pvp. u want pvp then go do planetside pvp, or even better, go play a pvp game thats meant to be a pvp game. maybe the skills are not sufficient for those games though...

Completely agree with you :wtg:

In my country it's not legal to hunt animals with machine (or laser:)) gun. It's not even legal to own a gun. Or to dig in the ground and extract minerals without consent. Or to fly a fighter if I want to go from one city to another.

But Entropia Universe is a GAME with its own rules. Saying that "in real life its not legal" is just stupid - with that attitude You would have to ban most games (even Sims - as You can choose criminal career there too:)).
As many said before there is a safe way of traveling between planets with loot - just use it.

PS. Unicorns don't exists but neither does feffoid's, aurli's and so on:)

There is something wrong with you:wise:. The animals here are 3D drawings :lolup:. However the PEDs are real DOLLARS (real people had deposited from their real banks). Then while you do not kill animals here, as opposed, pirates steal real money from people.- :wise:

So, you wouldn't mind it if space was mostly non pvp but you had to burn through 1000+ ped of ammo plus ship decay and it took a couple hours to get to another planet?

Agree with you. :cool:

There is something wrong with you:wise:. The animals here are 3D drawings :lolup:. However the PEDs are real DOLLARS (real people had deposited from their real banks). Then while you do not kill animals here, as opposed, pirates steal real money from people.- :wise:

You totally missed my point. And my point was that this is a GAME, VIRTUAL universe - and you should not apply real life laws here.

Pirates are playing this game as it was designed and intended by game creator (and I'm not talking here about exploiters as this obviously should be punished and banned). If You think piracy is stealing You should sue MindArk as they make it possible, allow it and make profit of it:)

In EVE which You mention before You can also lose money:
- if I buy PLEX for 30EUR and I go with it into space and get shot - I just lost 30EUR
- if I grind missions for ISKs for a month 6 hours a day to buy myself uber ship with uber equipment and I got shot down - I just lost 180hours of my time - and time is money:)

In other online web browser games (like Grepolis) You can also buy in game "coins" with real money to improve Your city/castle/farm/whatever and when the next day someone will burn Your city Your money is lost.

It does not matter if PEDs are real money or not.
What does matter is that by playing certain game You agree to the rules of this game.
1. When You install EU You know its RCE game and that in RCE game You can earn money or lose it. And You agree to that.
2. When You deposit Your money You know that You can win more or loose. And You agree to that.
3. When You go to space with lootable stuff in Your backpack You know that You can be shot down and loose everything. And again You agree to that..

And I also agree with many people before, that space is heavily underdeveloped - ATM for me is just boring and unnecessary (as I have to spend almost hour to get from Ark to Caly or some peds for warp – and I don’t get anything interesting in return). But piracy as a concept perfectly fits in sci-fi universe like this.
I just hope that MA will put more effort into developing space to make it more interesting place.:)

You totally missed my point. And my point was that this is a GAME, VIRTUAL universe - and you should not apply real life laws here.

Pirates are playing this game as it was designed and intended by game creator (and I'm not talking here about exploiters as this obviously should be punished and banned). If You think piracy is stealing You should sue MindArk as they make it possible, allow it and make profit of it:)
.:)

Nothing is static in this game. As well as in this section (suggestions and wishes) someone asked to MA create piracy, also in this section we may ask to change or delete it.

We know the history of this game, many of us are playing since 2003, for example i am playing since 2008. And it was not that someone has designed piracy as a part of general plan of the game.. it was asked by some people of community... but we do not measure consequences at that time... the general plan of the game talking about settlers in war against drones... never pirates..

And it was not that someone has designed piracy as a part of general plan of the game.. it was asked by some people of community...

No, when they opened space there was piracy straight up, pvp areas, like on planet.

Brb about to shoot down someone...

edit: damn they were empty :(
[System]: [Chances] destroyed Vega Class Privateer.
[System]: You inflicted 88.4 points of damage.
[System]: [Chances] killed [***].
[System]: Entropia Universe time: 2016-10-11 00:58:57
[System]: Session time: 01:19:15

This game is not EVE. Here, PEDS are DOLLARs, then piracy is steal, and steal is a crime.... :wise:

I feel good whenever you carry weapons and everyone is equal.:yay:
Pirates should only be able to shoot, to those players who also carry weapons like them.

thats normal visión of player. :yup:

yeah nice pink, pony, candy vision but DUDE!
Its like in real life we all are not born equal, and whats most importent.
When u start up game client there is agree U can join or not:smoke:
Thats the platform, and game design take it or leave it^^.
I just dont understand some people. Lets imagine thats PUB and at the gate someone tell u
whats inside, U go if u like it if not Uninstall. I got more unistaled game that games i play'ed.
Normally after 1 day reco i know if the produkt is good or not.

Sugestion to improve system are always welcome,
but no one listen when it can kill the system:laugh:
cuz we all live in it^^

I mean shit, arent we all just tryin to have some fun ??? ...

I suggest that piracy as profession must be removed. The reason is very simple: piracy profession inside EU is not a game, really is a school for crime. A "pirate" steals to real people its real money. (Real people who don’t want to play with pirates and who simply want to go from one place to another place). In contrast to PVP areas of planets, where those who are inside of these areas are “playing” to steal and be stolen, travels between planets is not the same. In fact they undermine good gaming experience!. For example, nobody says, “Hey guys I'm happy that an offender stole me 15 dollars when I was leaving the planet, hehehe”. :scratch2: For that reasons, MindArk should eliminate piracy from this game!.:mad:
MindArk could place mobs in the space difficulting go from one planet to another (if MA want each planet must be a prison for players) ;), but really I think that trade between planets is what most benefits give to the game :yay: ... finally, Mindark must not training to real people about how steal real money from other real people:mad:, because piracy players are losing their moral values and could become criminals in real life :wise:. That’s my opinion about piracy (it’s a crime). :wtg::wtg:

I totally see where you are coming from....

http://popten.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/grumpy-bear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally see where you are coming from....

Unfortunately for you, only you and your four friends pirates loves piracy ..
Piracy must be optional for people.

The Entropia Universe is getting worse and much of what is consequence of useless activities like yours.

Unfortunately for you, only you and your four friends pirates loves piracy ..
Piracy must be optional for people.

The Entropia Universe is getting worse and much of what is consequence of useless activities like yours.

Fortunately for you my four friends and I generate more income for the game than most entire societies, no thanks necessary.

Fortunately for you my four friends and I generate more income for the game than most entire societies, no thanks necessary.
Recommended reading: Henry Hazlitt, Economics in One Lesson.

Redistribution is not generating income. Your fairly high expense per kill is perceived as a significant contribution by you, but is far outweighed by the amounts produced by any hunter, miner or crafter. Your only significant contribution to the economy lies in the scaring of players into the arms of the "insurance industry", whose financial layout is several magnitudes above yours. And that contribution lies in the mere idea which MA has created, not in your little self falling for the honeypot of this role to adopt. The only really big thing about you and your ilk is your ego. That's why this role is so perfectly tailored for you. Isn't this world just awesome ;)

I agree with your opinion on piracy. I think developers try to create outlets for players who will always try to hack and steal their way through the game so this is why they create these kind of zones. At least we know where they are and we have some control of the situation. The risk is your decision. I play along as long as it is allowed in the game, then I adapt.

I truly dont understand this Pink Unicorn and Butterflies guy named Xavier...

Since you are comparing this to REAL LIFE so much, do you go to BRASIL to the SLUMS in good looking clothes??? NO, and you know why? Because there is a high chance you will be ROBBED, or the worse case scenario, even KILLED. Oh, and there are other locations on earth I truly DO NOT recommend going to if you dont want to get robbed - believe me... (My brother lost 14000$(nice ATH :D) last week because of an attack on him because he was thinking of pink unicorns and butterflies instead of how to get to a safe zone asap - he learned the hard way).

This is a GAME, you are WARNED and if you go there - you get killed YOUR CHOICE. Other games have SAME rules, not just EU. (There are $ in many other games where player can steal/destroy your money - but it is YOUR CHOICE if you put in money there in the first place).

Back to topic:
After MindArk decided to have Planet Partners, they needed to take measures so that each planet tries to build its own economy(it failed in many ways, but thats a totally different topic), and thats why they needed to make SPACE dangerous and harsh, thus creating PIRATES. They also planned on creating a safe way to transport your loot and created new business called MOTHERSHIPS.
You do not have to LEAVE the planet you are on. You are not forced to, it is YOUR CHOICE, just as it is your choice, to go to ONE of MANY dangerous places here on EARTH, where you can get robbed, rap*d or killed...

Dont CRY after you make a CHOICE.
Its your free will. You accept the rules of the game when you accept the EULA, you are warned that you can be looted in space, it is your choice what you do. Just live with your choice FFS.

True Juan :bandit:

i like the pirate concept...

i think the "lawless" space is pretty cool and i like thinking about strategies to avoid being killed/looted...
i like the adrenaline, when i hit a global or hof on a dropship..

if ppl are pissed that they got looted when leaving caly with lootables, well, they were way to naive...or stupid...

Last edited:
Your fairly high expense per kill is perceived as a significant contribution by you, but is far outweighed by the amounts produced by any hunter, miner or crafter.

Really?

So a hunter spends 100k peds hunting and gets a 90% return, that means MA gives them 90k peds in loot and keeps 10k peds. I spend 100k peds shooting people and MA gives me 0% back and keeps 100k peds. Who contributed more?

The problem with piracy is there’s always a high risk that a robbed player walks and doesn’t come back.
What’s worse is this is compounded when a good depositor gets robbed, that’s a double hit if they walk away.

Ok let’s say they don’t leave and take a break instead, or reduce their deposits as they personally feel unfairly treated.

I don’t see how the personal negative impact, helps MA one little bit in a very niche market.

We can debates the rights and wrongs of it all day, it’s irrelevant; nothing else matters more than the customer is happy to deposit more funds.

If MA don’t care about PVP, then that suggest it’s possible the game returns stolen peds via loot returns (after a time delay), who knows.
Although if the player has already decided to leave, that doesn’t really help does it.

If the general population is struggling for returns , getting robbed in PVP compounds the negative feelings of a player already on the edge of what they can take.
I’ve often said when a player goes-off-on-one with a massive rant, it’s generally the final straw that broke the camel’s back.

So throwing stones at a broken player doesn’t really help, it just adds the negative experience they’re feeling right now.

If anything the guy needs a cuddle, sod the rules of PVP.

So I give the OP, a big virtual community hug.

Rick

i like the pirate concept...

i think the "lawless" space is pretty cool and i like thinking about strategies to avoid being killed/looted...
i like the adrenaline, when i hit a global or hof on a dropship..

if ppl are pissed that they got looted when leaving caly with lootables, well, they were way to naive...or stupid...
Amen to that. It tells you multiple times that space is Lootable. Dont like it? Take a MS or stay on planet.

Your fairly high expense per kill is perceived as a significant contribution by you, but is far outweighed by the amounts produced by any hunter, miner or crafter.

It really depends on how much action respective fighter sees in space, but I beg to differ. If you're killing quads, is like hunting atrox, but an atrox armoured with shogun. Sounds silly, I know, but vechicles themselves have armor, aside from the off-the-bat lower eco of space weapons (about 2,8).

A hunter dropping 99% of its loot in tt contributes with nothing. Or, stated differently, it has same connection to the economy as a pirate, e.g. buying weapon and armor/vechicle. Moreover, a pirate will only exclusively buy from crafters (not sure if space weapons drop in hunting loot tbh).

Yes, they're teasers, pranksters and (more often than not) exploiters. But in terms of sort of a "contribution to the overall economy" they're not less than your average trox hunter, which logs at jura for 2h to go through 300 peds of ammo and 1h of auction.

It really depends on how much action respective fighter sees in space, but I beg to differ. If you're killing quads, is like hunting atrox, but an atrox armoured with shogun. Sounds silly, I know, but vechicles themselves have armor, aside from the off-the-bat lower eco of space weapons (about 2,8).

A hunter dropping 99% of its loot in tt contributes with nothing. Or, stated differently, it has same connection to the economy as a pirate, e.g. buying weapon and armor/vechicle. Moreover, a pirate will only exclusively buy from crafters (not sure if space weapons drop in hunting loot tbh).

Yes, they're teasers, pranksters and (more often than not) exploiters. But in terms of sort of a "contribution to the overall economy" they're not less than your average trox hunter, which logs at jura for 2h to go through 300 peds of ammo and 1h of auction.

You don't kill thousands of them within such a short time. Save for a few argued setups at the top end which are exceedingly expensive to obtain in the first place, you cannot profit tt-wise from hunting or other activities within the game mechanics. You always deplete your deposit (or that of other players if you trade smart) and thereby create steady income for the company. There is no way pk in space can match the sheer amount of turnover. Any perception of such is very subjective.

How about.

Keeping space as pvp
Keeping pirates
Remove lotable from players and make the killed players drop a normal loot from lootpool as mobs from hunting.
Add a killing skill to space.

(just a thought)

How about.

Keeping space as pvp
Keeping pirates
Remove lotable from players and make the killed players drop a normal loot from lootpool as mobs from hunting.

(just a thought)
thatd ruin motherships. The ones who spent 1000s buying the ship and then 1000s improving the SI of the ship. :wise:

thatd ruin motherships. The ones who spent 1000s buying the ship and then 1000s improving the SI of the ship. :wise:

The MS need something else to do ;) I am sure there are lots of ideas..

I mean shit, arent we all just tryin to have some fun ??? ...

Take That U bastard :laugh:

Luv speach with >>who say piRATs can stay is supporting them<< LOL my ass^^
We dont support wars in real life but hey! U need gassoline, plastick, paints, and all that use Oil^^

People need to go out from fairy's and start to say ok thats brutal nature, i hope it will not hit me this time:wise:

How about.

Keeping space as pvp
Keeping pirates

(just a thought)

Would we do this in PVP on planet also? Would make a new profession for noobs.. "PVP Targets"

Of course.. MA would never do this because it would facilitate goods transport between planets in competition with their AH.

Really?

So a hunter spends 100k peds hunting and gets a 90% return, that means MA gives them 90k peds in loot and keeps 10k peds. I spend 100k peds shooting people and MA gives me 0% back and keeps 100k peds. Who contributed more?

wow didnt know that you know the source code of the game so you know exactly of what activity MA earns money and exactly how much. epic

I don't mind pirates so much tbh, but then i don't carry lootables through space except via mothership (ask chances he has given up killing me lol). However space as it stands isn't cutting it to attract people up there and so much could be done. Like the grand-daddy of space games elite, ships should have load out potential, shields, scanners, etc... thats what makes a space pvp game.

Or what about missions for space mobs akin to those on planet, get hunters hunting up there and the pirates would go hunt players in the spawns rather than this lame station camping which must be boring as hell for pirates.

Maybe a land grab type affair where socs could compete (in ships) to secure taxes on space spawns/maybe able to set lootable/non lootable in spawn in conjunction with kill missions up there.

Space mobs having lootable weapons for ships, improved thrusters for better speed, etc

Instance type affairs up there like we have on planet... running a trench death star style or an attack on a robot invasion ship.

The possibilities up there are endless and for space to be a success it needs content badly. I mean when you look at Elite Dangerous/Horizons for example you can fly into any planets atmosphere (none of this pop up stuff we have), orbits, stars, black holes etc. Only with engaging space content can it be of interest i think, as it stands it's kinda a waste imo.

Back