A mobile-friendly website

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
If there already is a mobile-friendly version of the EU website, then I haven't found it. The regular one looks like this on a smartphone:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/t...unt/my-account/my-items/index.xml?__noframe=1

But the worst thing is, the floating login widget ('modalbox') is behaving in a way which makes it outright impossible to access its form fields on a phone screen. When you magnify it, it scrolls out to the right and off the screen, and the javascript magic it uses prevents the browser from detecting that properly and doesn't enable horizontal scrolling to follow it. I haven't once managed to center it and bring up the on-screen keyboard at the same time.

I haven't tried with every Android browser out there since I have to pay per volume for the downloads. But the built-in Google browser, Opera, Opera Mini and Firefox all behave the same way.

I passionately hate the way AJAX/DHTML is applied in most websites just for visual wankery and no credible purpose anyway. This is no SPA. Every apprentice hired for the first time gets to work on such things... :handjob:

I don't mean to ask for a complete re-design or a separate mobile version, just a simplification of the login widget would enable it to work on a phone. Could you please scrap this useless modalbox thingy and just do with an ordinary HTML form? Nobody cares for the effect. Maybe a viewport metatag would do, but only to work around an already useless feature... well.

I'm more inclined to buy something from the webshop if I can actually access it. If that also works at times I am away from the big screen, then your market reach is greatly extended. I also like the possibility to access my inventory and do something with the data.

I think I managed to buy some boxes via my phone, and even openned them there.

That including logging in, entering CC details, etc.

Was on LG G4 - Android.

Maybe the high res screen on it helped ......

Yes it probably is manageable with higher resolution. But I bet it wasn't as easy as using other websites with a plain interface that doesn't interfere with the standard functions.

Bump and thanks for any support.

There is a trick. If you have Virtual Tycoon installed, you can open the website out of the app. It opens the browser with the proper session cookie so you don't have to login again. But...

Nice, it got fixed, thank you!

:beerchug:

Back