My Space Proposal

Xen

Mutated
Society
AO
Xendar Xen Xal
Space becomes non pvp with designated non lootable and lootable pvp areas just like a planet.

Space becomes stuffed with mobs and other obstacles (like moving, invisible wormholes that spawn you in a random location) so that it is impossible to fly through space to another planet without spending a significant amount of peds and time fighting your way there in your ship (like maybe 1000 peds ammo burn and 1-2 hours average from Calypso to Arkadia for example).

This keeps the motherships and privateers in business, many will still prefer or need a warp.

Introduce several new personal space vehicles that carry one or two players including pilot. These have varying levels of speed, firepower, armor and weight capacity. More powerful vehicles enable you to fly a more direct line because you won't have to avoid mobs that are too strong for your vehicle. Vehicles have appropriate Captain profession requirements to fly them. Motherships should have a fairly high requirement. This encourages skilling the profession and is good for everyone.

Vehicles having Captain profession requirements keeps new players on their home planet unless they have the funds for a warp. This is good for planet partners.

Almost all personal space vehicles are crafted. There can be some unlimited (or high tt/limited time) personal space vehicles awarded for big space events but they should be rare so crafted vehicles are always in demand. The BP's for these vehicles should use some ingredients that are currently underutilized.

Lootable PVP areas in space contain mobs with more valuable resources (perhaps some used for crafting space vehicles). Former pirates can lurk in these areas.

Would also be good if there was space mining, both in non pvp and lootable pvp areas.

Motherships are boardable in pvp areas. Not sure how this would work but it sounds fun. :cowboy:

Overall this enables anyone to travel through space with lootable items without risk of being looted anytime they want. However, there may be some cost, or you can take a faster warp. Space, obviously becomes much more robust instead of basically a barren wasteland.

I love the idea. I'd like to hunt in space, but I'm not going to hunt in PvP lootable areas, so I never do.

This is great on many levels and would make almost everyone happy.

that would make about 90% of the people unhappy who just afkfly to their destination and dont carry loot.
its a lot simpler:
make space non lootable with pvp areas like planetside and increase the distance between place by 2 or 3 times the distance of now.
problem solved.
other solution:

leave everythign as it is now but let people spawn randomly close to a planet when leaving the planet and not on a space station where pirates wait. then they gotta work for it a bit at least

Always thought that only the hunting areas should be lootable. But won't matter. None of that will change. Mindark is locked in because of space investments.

I hate pvp but I want to be able to fly to other planets when I want to and not have to rely on other people, even if it does take 45mins afking after the initial kill by a dick.

Always thought that only the hunting areas should be lootable. But won't matter. None of that will change. Mindark is locked in because of space investments.

why not? if it improves the situation for the MS owners as well they wont be against it. but they also could stop crying and improve their business... one time a day for a planned warp at a time where many people cant do it is not a good business plan

Space is FUBAR. All I want is a free tp to the other land areas in the game.

that would make about 90% of the people unhappy who just afkfly to their destination and dont carry loot.
its a lot simpler:
make space non lootable with pvp areas like planetside and increase the distance between place by 2 or 3 times the distance of now.
problem solved.
other solution:

leave everythign as it is now but let people spawn randomly close to a planet when leaving the planet and not on a space station where pirates wait. then they gotta work for it a bit at least

Amen Brother now where is vodka^^

The proposal will make candy land from space, so it will be like biger planet. Now>>

Lets see 2 years, and 8 builders. 2(years)x8(heads)x50k(I set middle payment for expirenced crew)=800.000$
Pay and u have it^^

Amen Brother now where is vodka^^

The proposal will make candy land from space, so it will be like biger planet. Now>>

Lets see 2 years, and 8 builders. 2(years)x8(heads)x50k(I set middle payment for expirenced crew)=800.000$
Pay and u have it^^

If it takes 8 developers 2 years to fix space, I think we have a much bigger problem on our hands than space :)

That's not going to happen because it's only good for some and screws others. There has to be balance.

I don't think 2 hours of flying afk is what MA had in mind either, and that would still kill most of the mothership warp business.

If it takes 8 developers 2 years to fix space, I think we have a much bigger problem on our hands than space :)

Not to fix. I reply the new content idea. Not developers, but studio workers 3D graphic designer, programer's, copywriter..... Its all need hands^^ Look at it as music band. Its not only skillz, it's tools also, licence and all stuff.
And i set it in middle. Really if u look at it as music band it will clear ur way of thinking, u can have session musician and pay him, or its band and also want profit from it. Its like speaking about Iron Maiden with Dio or Bruce^^.

Space becomes non pvp with designated non lootable and lootable pvp areas just like a planet.

Space becomes stuffed with mobs and other obstacles (like moving, invisible wormholes that spawn you in a random location) so that it is impossible to fly through space to another planet without spending a significant amount of peds and time fighting your way there in your ship (like maybe 1000 peds ammo burn and 1-2 hours average from Calypso to Arkadia for example).

This keeps the motherships and privateers in business, many will still prefer or need a warp.

Introduce several new personal space vehicles that carry one or two players including pilot. These have varying levels of speed, firepower, armor and weight capacity. More powerful vehicles enable you to fly a more direct line because you won't have to avoid mobs that are too strong for your vehicle. Vehicles have appropriate Captain profession requirements to fly them. Motherships should have a fairly high requirement. This encourages skilling the profession and is good for everyone.

Vehicles having Captain profession requirements keeps new players on their home planet unless they have the funds for a warp. This is good for planet partners.

Almost all personal space vehicles are crafted. There can be some unlimited (or high tt/limited time) personal space vehicles awarded for big space events but they should be rare so crafted vehicles are always in demand. The BP's for these vehicles should use some ingredients that are currently underutilized.

Lootable PVP areas in space contain mobs with more valuable resources (perhaps some used for crafting space vehicles). Former pirates can lurk in these areas.

Would also be good if there was space mining, both in non pvp and lootable pvp areas.

Motherships are boardable in pvp areas. Not sure how this would work but it sounds fun. :cowboy:

Overall this enables anyone to travel through space with lootable items without risk of being looted anytime they want. However, there may be some cost, or you can take a faster warp. Space, obviously becomes much more robust instead of basically a barren wasteland.

This is a great idea. But yes, I'm guessing for some odd reasoning that the pirates simply hate it.

Yes well, sorry but space was put in place to slow us down between planets, so a system like this would have to be put in place simply because there are a lot that still believe that RCE will live on and Pirates currently is not the answer.

Wait what? This would only help the space investors. Hell with this system JBK could bring my old MS out of dry dock and use it for profit.

Last edited:
I hate pvp but I want to be able to fly to other planets when I want to and not have to rely on other people, even if it does take 45mins afking after the initial kill by a dick.

This.

You remember the old days when we'd often have to wait for hours just to get to CP, Xen. We don't want that again, do we?

I don't have a problem with space as it is. The only thing I would suggest changing is to make it harder to transport loot. It's way too easy now, and that prevents (or at least impedes) other planets developing their own internal economy, which is the main reason why it's still often extremely hard to sell loot anywhere but Calypso.

The only thing I would suggest changing is to make it harder to transport loot. It's way too easy now, and that prevents (or at least impedes) other planets developing their own internal economy, which is the main reason why it's still often extremely hard to sell loot anywhere but Calypso.

The ease of transporting loot is only one issue. MA seems to completely forget the direction they were taking with planet partners every update.

First it was each would have their own economy and items.

Then it was each could have their own items but most things would work on any planet.

Then it was we need more planet to planet trading so lets take critical resources one planet needs and move them to a different one.

Then it was oh fuck other stuff is better than caly better kill off all crafting and let people transport items instantly for super low cost.

Space as it is is fucking terrible because it lets caly items flood other plants for no risk but makes it hard or expensive to transport raw materials off of other planets because of the asinine weight based fees. Space was designed based on the first iteration of planet partners and has not evolved since yet MAs position on pp economies has.

That's not going to happen because it's only good for some and screws others. There has to be balance.

I don't think 2 hours of flying afk is what MA had in mind either, and that would still kill most of the mothership warp business.

This.

You remember the old days when we'd often have to wait for hours just to get to CP, Xen. We don't want that again, do we?

I don't have a problem with space as it is. The only thing I would suggest changing is to make it harder to transport loot. It's way too easy now, and that prevents (or at least impedes) other planets developing their own internal economy, which is the main reason why it's still often extremely hard to sell loot anywhere but Calypso.

In the old days, I paid 15k for a hanger with a space ship, it was basically a fancy TP to CP that I had to oil and repair (except i never had to repair it).

Then came CND, and it basically worked the same way, just a fancy tp for four people to go back and forth. Fine. I was happy to pay the 15k for the hanger so I didn't have to coordinate with anyone or have to wait or worry about stupid pilot consortiums or whatever, I could just go when I wanted to go, no hassle, no fuss, no muss, just fun.

I would be find with that. Just, instead of making the tp look like a stupid hanger and space ship, just let me buy a tp chip with drop downs for planets so I can click and go. If people want to go play around in "space" go for it. Personally, I do not want anything to do with this stupid implementation of "space". I would be happy to buy my own personal TP between planets like I used to have.

I would be find with that. Just, instead of making the tp look like a stupid hanger and space ship, just let me buy a tp chip with drop downs for planets so I can click and go. If people want to go play around in "space" go for it. Personally, I do not want anything to do with this stupid implementation of "space". I would be happy to buy my own personal TP between planets like I used to have.

I would not have a problem with a high level, very uneco, TP chip that allowed advanced mindforce users to TP to other planets, as long as they arrived naked, nothing but their implant and that single chip.

I would not have a problem with a high level, very uneco, TP chip that allowed advanced mindforce users to TP to other planets, as long as they arrived naked, nothing but their implant and that single chip.

I have no idea why people want to put restrictions on travel, there is no good reason an avatar couldn't TP around the entire "universe", for the cost of any normal planetary TP - NOTHING - and arrive with all the items they normally carry in their inventory.

I have no idea why people want to put restrictions on travel, there is no good reason an avatar couldn't TP around the entire "universe", for the cost of any normal planetary TP - NOTHING - and arrive with all the items they normally carry in their inventory.

Oh God! MAC, the idea was presented to MA.. They rejected it..

It isn't happening so get over it..

Of course they would reject it with all the spaceship owners who spent $$$$ on their ships improving SI. The ones who call for free TP'ing are so silly. They dont realise how much time, effort and RL cash people put into their ships. This topic has been beaten to death for years. Its time people got over it and Invested in quality change in space instead of scrapping it completely. :laugh:

of course they would reject it with all the spaceship owners who spent $$$$ on their ships improving si. The ones who call for free tp'ing are so silly. They dont realise how much time, effort and rl cash people put into their ships. This topic has been beaten to death for years. Its time people got over it and invested in quality change in space instead of scrapping it completely. :laugh:

amen!

>case closed<

Of course they would reject it with all the spaceship owners who spent $$$$ on their ships improving SI. The ones who call for free TP'ing are so silly. They dont realise how much time, effort and RL cash people put into their ships. This topic has been beaten to death for years. Its time people got over it and Invested in quality change in space instead of scrapping it completely. :laugh:

amen!

>case closed<

No. If people are going to keep making threads about how fucked up space is and how they think they can make it better, which will never happen, then I can keep making posts about how MA can just take all that big money they are making from all the new players that they say are joining and pay everyone back their investments in their fancy tps they call space ships and shit can the whole space idea, just like Samsung is giving everyone their money back for their Note 7s that are blowing up, and now throwing the whole thing in the shit can. Fuck "space".

No. If people are going to keep making threads about how fucked up space is and how they think they can make it better, which will never happen, then I can keep making posts about how MA can just take all that big money they are making from all the new players that they say are joining and pay everyone back their investments in their fancy tps they call space ships and shit can the whole space idea, just like Samsung is giving everyone their money back for their Note 7s that are blowing up, and now throwing the whole thing in the shit can. Fuck "space".

If you "fuck space", you are only air humping. :dunce:

And you are allowed to have your opinion on it, but, again, MA has heard and rejected the TP idea. Unless you can come up with a better business plan to replace the revenue of space with TPs, you're kinda shit out of luck. :deal:

Just make tp chips work between planets... make lowest level one do it too but only once a month

And you are allowed to have your opinion on it, but, again, MA has heard and rejected the TP idea. Unless you can come up with a better business plan to replace the revenue of space with TPs, you're kinda shit out of luck. :deal:

Monetized tps that must be controlled and repaired using space battles. And everyone should listen to my suggestion because I was elected king of Uranus. :dunce:

Although, the more I think about this a bit.. it would be a great idea along with the transports. Ship owners would theoretically get more chance at more peds.

Shit out of luck, like everyone else pissing in the wind in these threads.

Here's an idea, give people an option to buy a tp chip to use between planets, and let everyone else keep their option to fly around space as it is and see where the market goes.

PM the other anti lootbale space thread starters and get organised between you lot and get something propper going to show MA space needs to be non lootbale. They wont listen to random loners with 10 threads between them. UNITE and pull every user in who feels the same way !

I still like my idea.

All I want is tacos and for someone to tell me I'm great.. Guess we both have to wait huh?

Back