Yet another conspiracy theory...

Status

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Firstly please don't assume I'm saying planet arkadia is on the brink of collapse.

However the issue does cross my mind because of recent events:

1) Mr David Storey as you may know is an old investor in this game. He bought Treasure Island many years ago and is also a big investor in planet arkadia. A few months ago he took planet arkadia and it's CEO David Dobson to court. You can see some of the details here:
http://www.bakermckenzie.com/-/media/files/insight/publications/2016/06/use-of-social-media-and-internet/al_singapore_effectsubstitutedservice_jun16.pdf?la=en

I'm not aware of the finer details of this case but where it says, "Facts
The plaintiff brought a suit against three defendants for, amongst other things,
copyright infringement, breach of contract and conspiracy. The second
defendant, David Michael Dobson, is the managing director of the first
defendant company, Planet Arkadia Pte Ltd."

states he is suing them for copyright infringement, breach of contract, conspiracy and other things. Now what if he were to win his case on all counts could that bankrupt arkadia?

Also note the case went to court around June (at least that's the date of the linked document).

2) Recently there have been a few arkadia land areas all cropping up for sale. On one the seller stated, "Q: Is there something wrong with Arkadia as to why land areas are being sold?" but in his answer to my mind he failed to explicitly state if there is something wrong with arkadia or not. When I asked him again he again failed to explicitly state an answer but instead repeated he has already answered it. For further details you can see the discussion here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?288936-Songkra-Valley-Arkadia-Land-Area-6
Admittedly perhaps I'm reading too much into this but seems to me by failing to explicitly answer a clear question is a bit dubious.

Finally if arkadia does go bankrupt what effect would that have on Entropia Universe as whole and our investments in the game?

No there is nothing wrong with Arkadia at the moment. What $5 was mentioning is that there are some land areas for sale on Calypso as well. So if you think that him selling his land area on Arkadia means there is something wrong with Arkadia and it is going under, then that must mean Caly is going under too as some land areas are being sold.

So that must mean all of EU is going to collapse....get out while you can!!!!

In reality, $5 is selling out his gear/land/items etc because real life is now taking up too much of his time to play EU...he is not selling his avatar skills from what Ive read.

Read post 884 at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?277902-Longtime-s-Imp-MAKO-FAL-Hunting-Log/page84

"Whether you understand or not, my life has changed. Wife wants a baby and my "empire" at work is growing. It seems to be better to downsize all the way to scratch and pay off what remaining debt we have.. and after discussions with the wife, I certainly believe I owe her that."

From this, even though he is upset at return's etc, it is not the sole reason he is downsizing....real life is the main contributing factor.

Take from it what you will, but Planet Arkadia is not going anywhere yet....Maybe if the lawsuit goes south, things may change, but at this time it isn't.

Also worst case, MA will just take the planet over so the planet will still exist, just unlikely to have anymore bug fixes or new content...kind of like Next Island....so that would be bad.

I honestly and in an unbiased way, think you are reading more than there really is :)

I think it's mostly a coincidence, specially cause ADM has been selling out for quite a while now...

But that's just me

This is actually old news. Deathifier has a habit of being legitious and demanding. You presume to know the basis of the suit and we don't know any info.

What I don't understand is how you pretend to hide your bias. I've answered your question. I'm selling because I have chosen to pay off debt rather than have assets in entropia. Even while answering it more than twice now, you still say I fail to answer your question to fish for some news busting information so that you can get some satisfaction for being anti arkadia. I don't have anything else to offer you.

And no its not on the brink of collapse. There are no signs to indicate that. This suit isn't new and by someone with a destructive history. Since the suit occurred (poorly started btw), they've done events and they still have the same staff as they dI'd before.

I will put it to you another way if you don't get it still, the land areas may not sell and I won't be panicked. You won't see me making fire sales.

I am more concerned about the political atmosphere in the real world and the global forces that conspire than anything happening in this game.

Last edited:
land areas change hands all the time. People's real life change. It doesn't mean the sky is falling in game. :)

Maybe collapsing in laughter at all the conspiracies :laugh:.

If things got to the point of Ark dev team going broke the sure hand of MA would take over.

Hmm actually.... :laugh::laugh:

So that must mean all of EU is going to collapse....get out while you can!!!!

In reality, $5 is selling out his gear/land/items etc because real life is now taking up too much of his time to play EU...he is not selling his avatar skills from what Ive read.

Read post 884 at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?277902-Longtime-s-Imp-MAKO-FAL-Hunting-Log/page84

Take from it what you will, but Planet Arkadia is not going anywhere yet....Maybe if the lawsuit goes south, things may change, but at this time it isn't.

Also worst case, MA will just take the planet over so the planet will still exist, just unlikely to have anymore bug fixes or new content...kind of like Next Island....so that would be bad.

I don't think it's time to panic completely yet. The next island scenario does come to mind and eventually MindArk ended up running it. I'm not absolutely certain if that can happen in all cases if a planet partner were to go bankrupt. I don't have too many details but MindArk running over Next Island may just be a specific case because David Post didn't want to run Next Island anymore and may have possibly left it derelict for a certain length of time where perhaps MA can then take over? I honestly don't know

I wasn't aware of 5$ selling his arkadia la or indeed that he had an arkadian la. When you say read post 884? are you sure you got the right post number? for me the posts on that thread only go upto post 837. (i have max posts per page turned on so for me there are only 17 pages on that thread)

Calypso land areas for sale come and go all the time. I'm not too interested in that but multiple people selling their arkadia la all at the same time perhaps that is just co-incidence or there is something to it. That's what I'm interested in knowing i.e. if this is pure co-incidence or not.

This is actually old news. Deathifier has a habit of being legitious and demanding. You presume to know the basis of the suit and we don't know any info.
Do you have any evidence of Deathifier being legitious and demanding? To my mind he is an honest and decent player and more than reasonable and sensible. For him or any player to take an issue(s) to court means other avenues to settlement failed and is no light matter he must feel he has a case and has some chance of winning the lawsuit. Otherwise he wouldn't have taken it to court. Facts speak for themselves.

No I don't presume to know the law suit at all and I thought I stated that in my post.

I've answered your question.

The question was,"Q: Is there something wrong with Arkadia as to why land areas are being sold?"
Nowhere have you explicitly stated if there is something wrong with arkadia or not. Which is what I was expecting and looking for.
I repeat again what I stated before,"It's possible I may be missing something or not understood something but it seems to me technically you still haven't answered the question. You said it's just timing before and again now but failed to state if anything is wrong with arkadia. In my mind the two are quite different, "it's just timing" tells me your sales thread just happens to be coincidental with other ark land area sales but I wouldn't draw any inferences from that about the condition of arkadia nor would I think it would be wise to do so.

If someone like a politician for example is trying to hide something that's the kind of answer they would give because by failing to state something explicitly they can always say in the future I never said such and such you jumped to your own conclusions. You know what, technically they would be right. So at least on important matters it can be useful to get an explicit answer and avoid jumping to conclusions, no matter how pedantic it may seem. "

In a word, No.
What do you base that on?

Be honest if you had big investments on arkadia like an la and a well known investor like deathifier was taking arkadia to court? would you not be worried what impact that case may have on your investment?

If LT thought Ark was collapsing, he wouldn't have wasted 2 weeks selling his gear before starting to sell his LA's.

Also, titling a thread "Is Arkadia Collapsing" when the answer is obviously no, is just plain trying to start seeds of doubt in reader's mind despite the fact that the idea has come entirely from your rectum.

I don't know what your problem is with Arkadia, but I'd suggest getting a better hobby.

/mod note/

The OP has a long-standing history of conflict with the Arkadia PP team.

atomicstorm has been open about his reasons for selling his Arkadia investments, and that this is to do with personal RL issues and is entirely unrelated to the litigious issue between David Storey and Dave Dobson/Arkadia Studios.

I see no indication whatsoever that Planet Arkadia is 'on the brink of collapse' as the OP is attempting to allege.
There is no similarity that I can see between the abandonment of development and involvement by the Next Island PP some years ago, and the ongoing development of Arkadia.

While there is a long history of 'sky is falling' threads about Calypso and various other planets on this forum, I feel this one particularly egregious.

:locked:

Status
Back