Help: Less claims over time .

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
I would like to request the communities assistance over something.

This what I would call ridiculousness has been occurring pretty frequently so I want to know if it has happened to anyone else.

The premise is that there appears to be a cap or limit on the amount of claims on cool-down one can have active at one time. I am sure this has happened to you, you are happily mining in your favorite area, claiming left and right when suddenly.... Nothing.... and again, and again, and again. You change areas but the nothingness continues.

I can assume that other miners have ripped through the areas that I have mined, am currently mining and will mine in but going from a 100% hitrate to 10% is just silly.

Has anyone else experienced this, ie a sudden dip in hitrate / occurrence of claims?

There is no such thing as 100% hit rate. You will always have NRF in a longer run, and that normalizes it out.

And I think you forgot the time aspect, i.e. just like in hunting, you can have waves of higher hit rate/loot size coming and going.

I have been working with various excel math sheets and ways to optimize my mining, each one works for a while, then nose-dives into oblivion.

I am starting to think that it is intentional as it would in a sense regulate abuse.

Double post :(

I believe mining has much more short term variance than hunting when it comes to loot return. If you use amps or highlevel finders this variance will increase. Higher average depth and/or more probes per use tend to increase the variance/volatility on both hitrate and claim size. Even with low level unamped mining you will have periods with bad hitrate, which usually in the end results in what some here call a "balancer". In other words a bigger claim/loot that even out the return of the bad runs.

This effect has usually nothing to do with what area you mine and if anyone else have mined there before you. This is your personal loot variance that probably is in effect. Although I believe that the activity of miners in a specific area and your timing plays important roles in mining, but many miners tend to look too much at these "outer effects" as the reason for bad return. It is more common that it is your personal loot cycle that is bad at the moment.

If your OP is true, then all you would do is amp with L13's until you hit the first NRF, and log off?

Surely it is actually beneficial for the system to work in this way, for you?

i cant decide if this serious thread or just something written in fun way. I mean even a level 2 miner would laugh at reading the fact how your 100% hit rate drop to nothing nothing nothing ..

Basically you are saying on 10 drops

1- Claim
2- Claim
3- Claim
4- No Resource Found
5- No Resource Found
6- No Resource Found
7- No Resource Found
8- No Resource Found
9- No Resource Found
10-No Resource Found

That is completly NORMAL :silly2:

If your OP is true, then all you would do is amp with L13's until you hit the first NRF, and log off?

Surely it is actually beneficial for the system to work in this way, for you?

Point taken... Logon, drop till I miss, logout or screw around till the timer resets.

The way that the sheet works, is that it creates 5776 points, starting at the centre of the server (coordinates 4096,4096), centres that point on either my coordinates or an existing claim's coordinates and aligns the grid to match.

The only issue with it is that it has issues covering corners obviously.

i cant decide if this serious thread or just something written in fun way. I mean even a level 2 miner would laugh at reading the fact how your 100% hit rate drop to nothing nothing nothing ..

I think he means the frustration of frequently getting sudden long streaks of NRF, even when changing area or mining strategy. We all know that frustration when the mining finder feels stuck on continous NRF, even when you try everything of your knowledge to prevent that. I do not think he means that 100% hitrate is common or obtainable :silly2:

Basically you are saying on 10 drops

1- Claim
2- Claim
3- Claim
4- No Resource Found
5- No Resource Found
6- No Resource Found
7- No Resource Found
8- No Resource Found
9- No Resource Found
10-No Resource Found

That is completly NORMAL :silly2:

If I saw something like that I would immediately stop mining if I was in a sane mind....

Point taken... Logon, drop till I miss, logout or screw around till the timer resets.

The way that the sheet works, is that it creates 5776 points, starting at the centre of the server (coordinates 4096,4096), centres that point on either my coordinates or an existing claim's coordinates and aligns the grid to match.

The only issue with it is that it has issues covering corners obviously.

Exactly ;) If repeatable, you'll be in massive TT profit (L13 with no risk, or limited risk (1x fail)).

Spiral theory in a spreadsheet? I'm no miner so I don't understand the mechanisms as well as hunting :)

I'm no miner so I don't understand the mechanisms as well as hunting :)

It's the same taste of sand as 3 consecutive novas/blazar with 5 loots under 1 ped from, say, feffox. You know you'll global sometimes or get some minis and end up reasonably, but for the moment is frustrating (and with low enough bankroll, tantamount to destroyed pedcard). Due to higher turnover, on mining it can get too serious too fast.

Runs with 100k's of drops, shows that the hit rate is at ~25%
Not home to confirm, but remember this was on the sheet. But assum if u get 25% u are doing well. This was during the old mining system, dunno how it is now, but shouldn't differ much now

Current hitrate is about 26-28%, of course calculated after 20-50k of drops.
If OP telling about low hitrate per session - yes, low return is possible, and here is nothing with something out of the ordinary ;)
Sessions can be from 20 to 34 claims per 100 drops planetside. If you recieved less than 20 claims per 100 drops, stop mining job and wait for next hour or maybe next day. This tactics prevent you from big losses.

Exactly ;) If repeatable, you'll be in massive TT profit (L13 with no risk, or limited risk (1x fail)).

Spiral theory in a spreadsheet? I'm no miner so I don't understand the mechanisms as well as hunting :)

While drafting my reply.... You have given me a lot to think about...

Current hitrate is about 26-28%, of course calculated after 20-50k of drops.
If OP telling about low hitrate per session - yes, low return is possible, and here is nothing with something out of the ordinary ;)
Sessions can be from 20 to 34 claims per 100 drops planetside. If you recieved less than 20 claims per 100 drops, stop mining job and wait for next hour or maybe next day. This tactics prevent you from big losses.

As soon as I saw something funny, I did switch to a rookie finder but the hitrate was just terrible everywhere...

If I saw something like that I would immediately stop mining if I was in a sane mind....

I'd keep going deeper into the red until I hit that nice fat hof.

I have recently been tracking my claims in real time and what has happened , I do not know if it is random of deliberate but the game seems to adjust your hitrate in proportion to your loot.

I'd keep going deeper into the red until I hit that nice fat hof.

Yeah this how it works for me. I was down a few k over the first half of the year even with good mu, but the second half i have gotten it back. I dont keep records and follow patterns or what ever others do. I dont have the time in rl i have mining spots, know what finder to use where and keep a eye on what selling. ;)

If this is a real mechanic it can be absolutely abused. By essentially forcing yourself into the red while mining resources with no real mu, then as soon as the upswing happens, switch to an area with high mu.

I dont like it.

Runs with 100k's of drops, shows that the hit rate is at ~25%
Not home to confirm, but remember this was on the sheet. But assum if u get 25% u are doing well. This was during the old mining system, dunno how it is now, but shouldn't differ much now

On the old mining system, my hitrate was close to 100%. It was a silly system that I doubt Mindark will use again.

Thinking about it rationally, the only fair system would be a random one. I mean if a working pattern is found it will provide an unfair advantage to the ones that discover it. (Im looking at you SMC)

On the old mining system, my hitrate was close to 100%. It was a silly system that I doubt Mindark will use again.

Thinking about it rationally, the only fair system would be a random one. I mean if a working pattern is found it will provide an unfair advantage to the ones that discover it. (Im looking at you SMC)

SO u had what, 200% tt return? :lolup:

EDIT: my mistake, if 25% hitrate is ~95% then u should have had 300%+ with almost 100% HR :)

SO u had what, 200% tt return? :lolup:

EDIT: my mistake, if 25% hitrate is ~95% then u should have had 300%+ with almost 100% HR :)

More like 500%, lyst was at 200% with most of it coming out of the respawning nnw by sse veins. They came back every 4 days I think and spawned for a day. Respawns on those veins were 15 minutes. As soon as you finished one vein, it was ready to be abused again.

Those veins and the timer as well as a few ideas from [SOF]Legion spawned the whole timed number spiral idea which proved extremely effective even after the removal of the nnw by sse veins.

Last edited:
and why arent you millionaire by now?

Old avatar, and I could never adjust to the new mining system.. In fact, I'm still not adjusted thank Lootus...

If this is a real mechanic it can be absolutely abused. By essentially forcing yourself into the red while mining resources with no real mu, then as soon as the upswing happens, switch to an area with high mu.

I dont like it.

It works the other way around - if you spend a lot of time chasing rares or restricted resources, you're quite likely to get unusually good hr/tt results once you wander into lyst belt.

That should not be construed as an evidence of 'personal lootpool' existing, however.

It works the other way around - if you spend a lot of time chasing rares or restricted resources, you're quite likely to get unusually good hr/tt results once you wander into lyst belt.

That should not be construed as an evidence of 'personal lootpool' existing, however.

AFAIK R4tt3xx spends his time chasing hitrate not MU, but I should not speak for him.

Many would be wise to spend some time reading his (sometimes mad) mining theories, however :girl: the combinations of which and my ancient time in FET, speaking to PAC and SOF have formed a pretty clear view of how all looting mechanisms work here (bar small modifications).

So the game definitely adjusts the gap between deposits depending on your play style.

Someone like me that uses a self constructed algorithm sees a drop off in claims as time progresses.

The game is as addictive as any other form of gambling and actually logging in during the bad times should be avoided.

So the game definitely adjusts the gap between deposits depending on your play style.

Someone like me that uses a self constructed algorithm sees a drop off in claims as time progresses.

The game is as addictive as any other form of gambling and actually logging in during the bad times should be avoided.

thats the schroedingers cat problem right there. when u dont login because you think you r in a bad swing how do you know if you are in one and when it ends? you need to log in to know....

Back