Storyline?

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
Have Entropian and Calypsian storylines been totally abandoned?

There were drunken feffoids, but no explanation of why the party ended? Was it their "spring break"? Just an extra long weekend? And who cleaned up all the piss & puke those drunks left behind?

Now the Leumed have crawled out of some cave, but the Calypsian biologists must be on strike...
The Mulmuns have left Fort Zeus and Sakura City, but why? Did they just give up or have they achieved their goals?

Eurus!? No comment from CDF at all about what happened there?

Did they just give up or have they achieved their goals?

It was a diversion while Feffoids been dismantling and stealing Eurus.

Something is brewing and the truth is so big, the government is scared to tell us.

I always wondered if anybody read all that nonsense. I always looked at the end or at the forums if anyone bothered to post what the storyline told us we could shoot at.

I always wondered if anybody read all that nonsense. I always looked at the end or at the forums if anyone bothered to post what the storyline told us we could shoot at.

As it is usually a wall of text, no not really. The comics was at least a touch but it's a very decoupled story if that. It's a story that for the most part, no one ever remembers because it isn't integral to the game.

They don't need a storyline to raze any place you ever liked.

To be fair, as noted they didn't receive any love for coming up with stories either. People went "meh" to responses a lot more acerbic. All still here on the forum for anyone who cares to read. I would hate such customers, too. Take their money and secretly plot ways to punish them. It's only human.

Actually, in the Marco days, there was a fair amount of conversation and anticipation regarding "robot signal intercepts", decoding them, and trying to stay one step ahead of the mechanized threat.

Hell, at one point, they were even somewhat responsive to player going-on in game.

World of Firepower prizes comes to mind as one example.

Another example that I'm *very* familiar with was when a group of players organized an unofficial event to retake the destroyed area that was once Hadesheim. The players advertised in-game, and on the player forums. It was the first en-masse mechanized attack on the robots, as vehicles had just arrived in game shortly before. After a beach head had been formed at the crater, there was a massive counter-attack by robot forces!

Those were the days, when this was a mmoRPG.

Actually, in the Marco days, there was a fair amount of conversation and anticipation regarding "robot signal intercepts", decoding them, and trying to stay one step ahead of the mechanized threat.

Hell, at one point, they were even somewhat responsive to player going-on in game.

Another example that I'm *very* familiar with was when a group of players organized an unofficial event to retake the destroyed area that was once Hadesheim. The players advertised in-game, and on the player forums. It was the first en-masse mechanized attack on the robots, as vehicles had just arrived in game shortly before. After a beach head had been formed at the crater, there was a massive counter-attack by robot forces!

I think in a way they are trying to introduce fates, active battles, or whatever they would be called in other games through this new event system. It's only being used in calypso (not surprisingly) at the moment and hasn't been much time since they were properly implemented.

Yes, the story was far better and more coherent back in the day.

Unfortunately now, how do you have logical realistic "lore" on Calypso, when you have completely separate themes on other planets be they well designed (Arkadia), poorly designed (Rocktropia), or yet-to-be designed (Cyrene, Toulan, Next Island).

I'd like to see the Caly dev team try a little harder (imo the comics were good, but the hints they had in them (powerful mindforce) didn't come to fruition in the game). But, if it's a choice between the (good) bugfixes at the moment or storyline, I pick the former.

(however I'm sure you could hire one of the creative-types from this forum, to do a storyline for free/small payment).

You forgot about this other robots, avatar style played by MA stuff in PvP zones (so long ago, forgot their names sorry)

Yes, there was much more story in the old days and it was much more fun to take part at such story based events.

Yes, the story was far better and more coherent back in the day.

Unfortunately now, how do you have logical realistic "lore" on Calypso, when you have completely separate themes on other planets be they well designed (Arkadia), poorly designed (Rocktropia), or yet-to-be designed (Cyrene, Toulan, Next Island).

I'd like to see the Caly dev team try a little harder (imo the comics were good, but the hints they had in them (powerful mindforce) didn't come to fruition in the game). But, if it's a choice between the (good) bugfixes at the moment or storyline, I pick the former.

(however I'm sure you could hire one of the creative-types from this forum, to do a storyline for free/small payment).

PE Lore FTW! Still waiting for Planet Michael Jackson :wtg:

PE Lore FTW! Still waiting for Planet Michael Jackson :wtg:

Talk with ND, maybe he can create a Michael Jackson stadion

But don´t expect Jackson sound there, hasn´t worked with Lemmy, so I doubt it works with Jackson :D

Reactions: Mac
You forgot about this other robots, avatar style played by MA stuff in PvP zones (so long ago, forgot their names sorry)

Wastelanders

I think he meant RX units. They predate the Wastelanders and were robots and not... renegade humans or whatever kind of criminals the Wastelanders were.

Back