Question: Does low level UL Amps (1/2) for low level miner makes sense?

peewee

Dominant
Society
NBK Army
Lucy Minera Zalvatori
Hi!

Been playing (or throwing in peds) since 2004, without any plan or goal, just having fun with to large guns for my skills etc until I got kids 2012-2014 and time just vanished (so did sleep)... I lost the motivation to continue playing. Chipped out and sold it all...

Now the kids are sleeping at nights (yay) and I'm back with a new Avatar. My main goal this time is NOT to buy the Adj V1 just because it sounds so damn sexy, but to actually be able to play and enjoy the game on a low monthly deposit. We're talking eco eco and slow growth! I've also decided to focus on mining now (if there are any good mining soc out there who wants a devoted member, say hi!) since I want to learn mining from the ground up before I'll start hunting again (if I ever do).

Been mining with the Rookie Terrafinder, since I really hate L stuff, and I haven't reach level 1 yet with my new avatar.
I'm doing 10-50 peds runs while taking all the TP's and I really think that I get a good hit rate! The profit/run is pretty constant, but it takes SO much time. I have time and I will add time to the game now (not just depo 2000 peds, and go hunting hogglo with big guns and no skills as I did before) but I started to get a feeling that if I would use an AMP on my finder, and my good hitrate continues, the amp should enlarge the finds I get, probably result in the same end result, but speed up the game for me.

Since I'm mostly finding Lyst, Oil and occasionally belk/blaus/cald/gazz/ at my current skill/finder the MU is pretty low, and the MU for Limited amps is a lot higher it feels like amping with L amps just increases the stakes, and I'm not sure I want to go there again. So I started to think about UL amps...which would probably enlarge the finds in a way that would cover the decay of the amp. I don't have a problem investing the peds, if it makes my eco playing better, and the chance of reaching +-0 while mining.

Am I just confused here? (probably) Or is there some kind of points here?
My question is, what tools would make my mining more eco from the start (remember that I'm low lvl)
UL Amp?
Better Refiner?
Extractor? I dont need better than the TT one right? Faster/more efficient one is just faster, and good in PVP zones? hehe

Best Regards Patrik (Lucy ingame)

Last edited:
Okay lots of information I could give for a lot of questions. With regards to your mining experiences,

1) most of the stuff you can find with the rookie finder will be TT trash with no markup, unless you go to RT.

2) you're not really skilled enough to use anything else, but general the f-105 and something like an re-101 excavator is a great place to start.

3) amped mining should be virtually off of the table unless you have 3k ped or more to cycle.

4) using L amps raises the markup you need on your resources in order to break even.. see 1-3 and example below

5) lastly, UL amps aren't worth it for anyone, much less a low level miner. For the amount you spend on these amps (10k for lvl2, 85k for lvl5, etc...) it's just not worth it when you can buy L lvl 5 amps for 102.5%. You're better off keeping that 85k for cycling or for deeds and other passive income. UL amps are a relic of back when resources had good markup and a lvl 5 L amp was 110-112*.

Most players in the community would value these amps at the prices briefly discussed above.. however with L lvl 5 amp you need about 113% markup to profit.. vs 111% for UL lvl 5. 85k or more ped for a UL lvl 5 amp is simply a waste unless you're keeping it for years and/or you can drop 20+ amps in a day.

Some advice: use the rookie finder to scout areas for resource composition while you're still a low level. At your skill with those tools it's almost inevitable that you'll lose ped.. so at least try to learn something.

Hi, wb, and welcome to the fun & frustrating (J/k) world of mining. As you begin your adventures, make sure to budget as well when skilling up on the mining profession and pick up all mining missions (Talk to NPCs - example one at Twin Peaks near CCC). Great points already made by Rocket as you learn this profession. It definitely takes time and patience in comparison to the hunting profession (my Soc m8 mines and hunts at the same time and calls it "munting", lol). Continue to use the rookie finder until you can use a UL f-102/3 and then go to the UL f-105 in order to keep progressing towards skills. I currently use only (L) finders at my level of mining (been mining for almost 2 yrs now). Stay away from UL amps, indoor mining, and big (L) amps at your low level unless you are a very risky gambler in this sense and don't care on wasting tons of peds off the get go. As you explore and skill up, you'll find areas that have common, uncommon, and even rare materials in the ground that have decent MUs; remember MU is king here (do your research on MUs via AH and compare it to traders when selling your matz, and some other miners even use the LBML tool - I personally don't use it, but heard it is a great tool to use/have). Also, I don't come from a mining Soc, but I'm sure there are some great mining Socs out there that will take you in and can get you setup into the right direction more so.

GL and mine on,
Vi

isnt the first rule of mining that you should ALLWAYS use the tt extractor? with just 3 exceptions:
1. you own an adj extractor
2. you own a mod extractor
3. you mine in lootable pvp

otherwise so much money gets sucked away by MA... for example re105 vs tt extractor is around 10 times as uneco

i think I started with Ziplex series z5 i think till i can use tk 120 and tk 220. I hate F105 and Terramasters Ive had them both just hate them maybe just bad luck with them, but I hate them with a passion.

But if i had to start over Id get something that keep me close to 500 depth. till I can use a dsec 12 until I can use what I use now Dsec 30. Which are both pre amp finders (built in about between a lvl 2 and lvl 3 amp)

Unl amps are useless when all amps are cheap unless theres a lvl 13 amp unl somewhere in game lol.

Thank you all!

Ok, so keep using TT finders (And I guess my rookie terrafinder is ok as well, UL version of the TT finder ish), TT excavator and TT refiner?
Keep doing that until I Max out the TT stuff, and then start use the next step of finder that my skill level can handle.

At the moment I'm logging everything, and when I find areas where I get for example 5-6 hits in a row, I'm noting this down, to see if I can return and get good hits again etc.

I miss all the TP's now so the initial plan is to fly my Vtol between TP's and drop bombs. If I find stuff I'll drop a few more in the area, if I get NRF, I'll continue.

Also keeping track on the map: http://www.thedisturbedones.co.uk/mining/eudoria-v3-0.htm#
To see if I can find diffrences when passing server-borders. And also see what finds I get, and if it's associated with the LBML maps.

I've installed LBML and looked at it, I dont think I'll use it at the moment. Maybe later when I've skilled up!

You used to be able to amp the rookie finders but I don't think you can anymore, or maybe that's just the L finders from tt and u can still amp the old U rookies.

If you want to add small amps to the normal finders then you might want to check out the higher tt drop finders first (ziplex a10,a22,a25,d33 etc or dsec finders) you may find these cheaper than buying amps (i haven't check latest prices so couldn't say atm)

If you are a running miner then adj harrier + imp hermes ring + bunny gives you 24% speed increase at a very reasonable price.

For single pull claims the Demonic Excavator MK-I (L) from rocktopia is by far the cheapest excavator to use, it even works out cheaper than an imp excavator for high tt ores even if you're digging a lot up.

Just to add some info to the claim that the Demonic Excavator MK-I (L) is super effiecient.

Wiki shows the demonic to have eff/sec of 0.17 and the rookier ripper to have 1.7, so you might assume the ripper is 10x faster at pulling up ore but you'd be wrong. What the wiki table doesn't show is that the minimum stone pull is 5.

As the tt of the ore increases it become harder to pull, so even a decent digger might still be pulling only 5 stones of a high tt ore, but the demonic always pulls the minimum of 5 stones anyway and only costs 0.1pec per pull.

Reactions: San
i dont know but is the demonic excavator not the tt one? and some while ago all tt stuff got standartized. every tt item from any planet has exactly the same stats as the pendant of the other planets

demonic is crafted. It had insane stats when first introduced but MA adjusted them and then everyone forgot about it, but it's still a great little tool.

tbh, I haven't used it for a while so can't say 100% they haven't messed with it again.

But is the excavation only down to time? Or will it actually decay then the TT Calypso extractor I'm using now?

And again, if there are some mining soc there who wants a new pupil, send me a message!

Excavators aren't something to lose sleep over unless you're cycling a yuuuge lot.

In my last Ark expedition, I dug up 10966.44 PED of stuff (unamped F-105, both ore and enmat), and used 30.04 PED of TT excavators for this purpose. That's 0.27%.

Agreed, with the observation that if you like to first drop 200 and then come back for the claims, you'll see some adrenaline with tt excavator.

about ul amps: no way

Back