• hu?

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Bear

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Georg Bear Mavel
I really like those Modifications which are possible with certain items now, such as the 2350 or 2600 FAPs or the Armors and Weapons.

However, once upgraded you are done. The results is grinding for the needed components which again results in rather high MU for the upgrades. Arkadia has now some upgrading on Limited items which is a really nice idea.

My suggestion would be to introduce Limited items which can upgrade the Stats of your (for example) weapon in a certain area.

Example:
  • "Barrel Extension (L)" -> 10% more Range on the Basic Stats of your Weapon. 5% reduction on Fire rate basic stats, 2% more Ammo.
  • " Custom Barrel Extension (L)" -> 10% more Range on the Basic Stats of your Weapon. 2% reduction on Fire rate basic stats, 2% more ammo.
  • " Special Barrel Extension (L)" -> 10% more Range on the Basic Stats of your Weapon. 1% reduction on Fire rate basic stats, 1% more ammo.

By Modification of the "Basic Stats" of an item, all enhancer will use this new value as base value.
Example: You modify a weapon with 100dmg base stat with a "Reinforced Reaction Chamber (L)" = 10% more base dmg = 110% base damage
T1 dmg enhancer = 121dmg instead of 120
T2 dmg enhancer = 132dmg instead of 130
T3 dmg enhancer = 143dmg instead of 140

For clarification: The Calculation for T1 example is: 100 Base DMG + (100dmg x 10%) for the MOD= 110 base dmg.
With a dmg enhancer on T1 you get an other 10% = 110 + (110 x 10%)= 110+11=121.

Beside this, depending on the weapon it could be possible to use bigger amps without penalty.

By making these Modificator-Parts Limited, the crafters, hunters & miners have a little more to work and everybody a lot more options to play around with.

Last edited:
It will make gear selection more interesting, but it will all depend on cost in the end.

I don't think the current bunch of L upgrades in Ark are cost effective. At least most people I discussed it with seem to agree with me on that.

It will make gear selection more interesting, but it will all depend on cost in the end.

I don't think the current bunch of L upgrades in Ark are cost effective. At least most people I discussed it with seem to agree with me on that.

Yes, I see your point.

It would enable people to adjust their gear better towards their playing style - be it long term or for an event. Cost effectivness is only one part of the game. If you want to hunt for an event, it might be better to sacrifice some dmg/pec for more dmg/sec. Depending on the mod, some more long range might save you a few TP trips or Armor decay. Same with a faster or more powerfull FAP.
With the mods being Limited, you might be able to bring your gear up to a new level without investing into new gear too often.

Overall, whatever MA might do - they will not make it cheaper. But maybe they could make it more fun!

I like this idea and somehow asked some years ago about something similar to MA...

The way of being able to change the stats is interesting. You may say enhancers are doing it, well there could be some new types of enhancers now that gives attack speed, slow speed (more dmg?), crit hit/dmg

This will make all tiering worth it.

I like this idea and somehow asked some years ago about something similar to MA...

The way of being able to change the stats is interesting. You may say enhancers are doing it, well there could be some new types of enhancers now that gives attack speed, slow speed (more dmg?), crit hit/dmg

This will make all tiering worth it.

:)
What I don´t really like is that you "simply" put those "enhancers" in a slot. Its very easy and comfortable, but it lacks a story or a background idea. Its fine if it stays like this for the given system.

Quite some people have reached T10 on their items so the system will probably extended by MA sooner or later.
The twist with the Basic Stats which can be changed would make it a bit more interessting.
But I really hope that it will be a bit more complex - crafted and looted items which have a "story" about what and why they do what they do.
Such as that you can increase the Basic Stats for Range on weapons with:
  • Barell Extension for BLP
  • Adjustable Focus Lenses for Laser
  • Cooled Accelerator Unit for Plasma
  • High Desity Coil System for Gauss

That simpy gives more SciFi than "Range Enhancer XI" ;)

Although it's all very nice having these changes, it's still more to real money spend before you even start shooting.

I long for the past where your budget only had to worry about ammo, armour, weapon, fap.,....nothing else.

All improvements would do is make the end game harder and harder to find returns based on your improved gear.

There's always a flip side; so basically it's smoke and mirrors, because your improvements (that you paid for) are cancelled out the other side of the coin. So in effect you paid for nothing....lol.

Rick

Although it's all very nice having these changes, it's still more to real money spend before you even start shooting.

I long for the past where your budget only had to worry about ammo, armour, weapon, fap.,....nothing else.

All improvements would do is make the end game harder and harder to find returns based on your improved gear.

There's always a flip side; so basically it's smoke and mirrors, because your improvements (that you paid for) are cancelled out the other side of the coin. So in effect you paid for nothing....lol.

Rick

I have no problem with that as long as it just "cancelled out". That way you can make (as hunter) a very well focused setup - without the need to buy new gear. You just do it with Mods & Enhancers.

I do like your words "smoke & mirrors" - with those mod you can not only "just" have more fun - its also easier to waste you money with it. So there is more room between the "Grinders for the PEC" and the "FUN for PED" fractions. No harm in my eyes :)

Back