Maintain STATE between updates and maintenance periods!

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
Can the developers find a way to maintain "state" between periods of down time?

Every time there is down time for whatever reason, it feels like all the counters or variables get reset to default.

One specific example is the kill counters that trigger certain special mobs to spawn, such as the brood bosses on CP, rare pet types, and Hogglo Diablos.

Another example, this one based on gut feeling (and ped balance), is loot returns. It feels like some kind of cycled-ped counter is reset to zero and returns will be crap until that threshold has been reached again.

Another example, this one based on gut feeling (and ped balance), is loot returns. It feels like some kind of cycled-ped counter is reset to zero and returns will be crap until that threshold has been reached again.

What you're feeling here, is the HOF counter is reset, and therefore any gained peds are reset too.

Hof counter = 500ped, 450ped entered; reset, hof counter = 600ped, 0ped entered.

Can the developers find a way to maintain "state" between periods of down time?

Every time there is down time for whatever reason, it feels like all the counters or variables get reset to default.

One specific example is the kill counters that trigger certain special mobs to spawn, such as the brood bosses on CP, rare pet types, and Hogglo Diablos.

Not a gut feeling... :)

Seems like long periods of time not playing affects this also...

I wonder if it works the other way around too: you got a big HoF so loot is low, then there is an update and everything is back to normal again?
Of course, what is the chance the system would pay out in advance...

I wonder if it works the other way around too: you got a big HoF so loot is low, then there is an update and everything is back to normal again?
Of course, what is the chance the system would pay out in advance...

System doesn't work like that, as it can't go into "Negative". So any big HOF received is the product of accumulated funds, not future accumulation.

System doesn't work like that, as it can't go into "Negative". So any big HOF received is the product of accumulated funds, not future accumulation.

When did it change? I know for sure that it didn't worked like that in VU9.
I know MA did some serious work on the loot engine over the years; but I wonder if and how they changed the core of the loot system.
if you are right then my best guess it changed with the "modified" loot and they made it impossible to beat the "house" short term.

When did it change? I know for sure that it didn't worked like that in VU9.
I know MA did some serious work on the loot engine over the years; but I wonder if and how they changed the core of the loot system.
if you are right then my best guess it changed with the "modified" loot and they made it impossible to beat the "house" short term.

MA simply modified the loot engine to their advantage, what is so unclear? There is a saying where I am from: "if it's not done with you, it's done to you."

Back