Calypso Missions Walkthrough

Acro

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Freelancer
Acronoid
I've been working on a mission guide/ walkthrough for all non-iron missions for planet Calypso.
you can find it here planetcalypsomissions.blogspot.com
It is actually amazing how many missions there are. A new player can easily spend over 10h just to go through them. More if they want to complete all the objectives.

I'm still working on it. I'm almost done with all newbie missions. After which I'll be starting the mid level mission chains.
I only have time to work on this on Sundays so it is kinda a slow process. My goal is to have all missions documented by spring 2017. Which isn't going to be easy but a goal worth setting.

Awsome work + Rep

Hey. This is a nice, post, and useful too. But the problem with projects like this is that that EU really is dramatic, I mean dynamic. It is always changing, including the missions. So, a couple of notes.

Thule was tweaked in the last VU. Mainly, it was compressed, so time and distances are shorter, and also you get the valk toward the end of the chain, not at the beginning. There were a couple of other minor things, different mobs, and so on. I do not know if any of the rewards changed.

Also, in the Icarus/Half Moon Bay missions, you now get Bukin's Spare Rifle instead of Bukin's Blade. I think they might have gotten rid of Washed Up,the finding the captain mission. It is interesting that you did the Half Moon Bay side...I have been wondering if it sends you to CDF Atlantis after Agir, like Nus Lull does. Also, it is interesting that nothing in the chain sends you to the North Swamp Camp missions yet.

Good luck with the ongoing guide. Apart from the island missions, the middle missions coming up are really a disorganized mess because they were added to the game piecemeal, and new players could really use a guide.

In the CDF Outposts section, you might add for new players not to try to complete the mining missions right away, because they will run out of UA that they need in order to keep doing the hunting missions.

Hey. This is a nice, post, and useful too. But the problem with projects like this is that that EU really is dramatic, I mean dynamic. It is always changing, including the missions. So, a couple of notes.

Thule was tweaked in the last VU. Mainly, it was compressed, so time and distances are shorter, and also you get the valk toward the end of the chain, not at the beginning. There were a couple of other minor things, different mobs, and so on. I do not know if any of the rewards changed.

Also, in the Icarus/Half Moon Bay missions, you now get Bukin's Spare Rifle instead of Bukin's Blade. I think they might have gotten rid of Washed Up,the finding the captain mission. It is interesting that you did the Half Moon Bay side...I have been wondering if it sends you to CDF Atlantis after Agir, like Nus Lull does. Also, it is interesting that nothing in the chain sends you to the North Swamp Camp missions yet.

Good luck with the ongoing guide. Apart from the island missions, the middle missions coming up are really a disorganized mess because they were added to the game piecemeal, and new players could really use a guide.

In the CDF Outposts section, you might add for new players not to try to complete the mining missions right away, because they will run out of UA that they need in order to keep doing the hunting missions.

Indeed, I will have to change the Bulkin part.
Also, when did the change to thule happened? This week? I'll have to check it again then I guess.
I know they already shortened it a while back and left some crafting out of it. Last time I checked was 3 weeks ago.

I also wonder if I should implement the different OJ missions. I don't feel they add something. So I might just reference it.
I will add a reference to the Gauntlet broker too I guess. I'm now going to concentrate on making trail to the east/ North swamp camp part.

+rep from me too

Nice work! Keep it up! :D

nice blog there.

Last edited:
Finished a new section and discovered new missions I was totally unaware of and aren't on Entropedia even.
see: Trail to the East

Will take about a week to finish the other missions around Fort Fury. Most of them will be exploring and some bot killing mission in Fort Lahar.

nice !

very helpful for a new player

cheers

Bum, they changed the gateway mission now. it's all closer together and you get your vehicle later in the mission now.
While it is nice, I wished PPC would spend their time on making new missions instead of redoing the ones that are are good already.

As for and update, I'm currently doing the Lahar mission but ran out of ped atm. And I'm rethinking about throwing in a teleporter quest before because I don't think new players can handle the kerberos when they reach this point in the mission chain.

There are a couple games out there that have a mission chain up to a certain point and the progression is seamless. I hope PCC strives to achieve something similar.

Back