can't update the client loader

trance

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
hypnotica TRANCE blain
Since i reset my win 10, i can't update the client loader and download any content. I get an error message,tell me to ask support for help. It says it can't update the client loader.

i send a ticket to support, but no answere at moment.

Does any one know a solution? or had same problems?

Can you post the error message?

There have been lots of Win10 updates in the last few weeks screwing around with everything. My Laptop ended up losing its DCSVP110.dll file again which stopped EU from working. Had to reinstall the C++ files again.

it was working fine, last week, before i crashed my win 10, and had to reset win 10.

Since i reset my win 10, i can't update the client loader and download any content. I get an error message,tell me to ask support for help. It says it can't update the client loader.

i send a ticket to support, but no answere at moment.

Does any one know a solution? or had same problems?

I have Windows 10 and also have the same problem. The update experiencing choppy between planet and planet. Once you finish the upgrade of a planet, you must check the red X and say you want to abort the update. Then, again run the client loader and will continue to update next planet, and do so until finish the update of all the planets. The process is half annoying but it does .- :wtg:

I have Windows 10 and also have the same problem. The update experiencing choppy between planet and planet. Once you finish the upgrade of a planet, you must check the red X and say you want to abort the update. Then, again run the client loader and will continue to update next planet, and do so until finish the update of all the planets. The process is half annoying but it does .- :wtg:

problem is, that the client loader it self not work.. after one second of start eu it crash and show the error message, could noting download , also not the client loader. it dont update the client loader.

that is an odd error msg.
Maybe try disconnecting computer from internet
disable antivirus
+ and disable windows defender if on
run client loader to see if still crashes, or if you can access the settings???

Afterwards remember to enable AV again before reconnecting to the net.

Last edited:
that is an odd error msg.
Maybe try disconnecting computer from internet
disable antivirus
+ and disable windows defender if on
run client loader to see if still crashes, or if you can access the settings???

Afterwards remember to enable AV again before reconnecting to the net.

Too bad, also this seems not to solve my problem, but thanks for the tip!

Too bad, also this seems not to solve my problem, but thanks for the tip!

Too bad it didn't let you get to client loader settings. :(
I predict support will suggest completely uninstalling Entropia and a time-consuming reinstall.

Too bad it didn't let you get to client loader settings. :(
I predict support will suggest completely uninstalling Entropia and a time-consuming reinstall.

i have fully reinstall entropia, and then clean up the registry too, with a registry cleaner.

I could download the client loader setup, and install it. But then after start the client loader, this error hapen after 31%.

All drivers are also fresh installed/ video and soundcard.

Does it need to open a extra port, some where, that entropia work? do i miss some thing... really, never had such problems with EU!

i have fully reinstall entropia, and then clean up the registry too, with a registry cleaner.

I could download the client loader setup, and install it. But then after start the client loader, this error hapen after 31%.

All drivers are also fresh installed/ video and soundcard.

Does it need to open a extra port, some where, that entropia work? do i miss some thing... really, never had such problems with EU!

Only thing I can think of is to try disabling Windows firewall??? :idea:
Right-click start button > Control Panel > System and Security >
Windows Firewall > (along left side) Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
Turn it off, click ok and you might need to restart PC not sure
Afterwards try client loader.

If CL works then go back and turn firewall back on. Then return to System and Security section and click Allow an app through windows firewall and add Entropia to it somehow?

Hope it works.

Only thing I can think of is to try disabling Windows firewall??? :idea:
Right-click start button > Control Panel > System and Security >
Windows Firewall > (along left side) Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
Turn it off, click ok and you might need to restart PC not sure
Afterwards try client loader.

If CL works then go back and turn firewall back on. Then return to System and Security section and click Allow an app through windows firewall and add Entropia to it somehow?

Hope it works.

exactly the same error occure. did deactivate firewall and virus programm, then booted PC. Now i downloaded the client loader installer again, and same error occure.

Seems my PC don't want, that i play eu :)

exactly the same error occure. did deactivate firewall and virus programm, then booted PC. Now i downloaded the client loader installer again, and same error occure.

Would have been faster if you just reinstalled whole windows :D

Mmm nevermind it's stupid windows 10 :(

Would have been faster if you just reinstalled whole windows :D

i reseted win 10, what is near the same as fresh install, except that my datas get saved. But all apps need to be reinstalled.

Freaking!

Sorry to hear that didn't work either :(

I just waiting of the support from MA. I really tried everything to get it run, except format C and reinstall windows from scratch. But that is the last thing i want do. take 1-2 days for reinstall all my applications again :(

And not sure this really help. I have near a fresh installed win 10, with the different, that i dont used format c and just reseted win10 with the option to take care about my installed datas.

Support really should have a emergency support for such situations, or an other method, how you could install EU.
The client loader installer just crash, 1 second after acepting the TOI, and if it then try do download the files.

Internel error occurs... please contact support (and then wait ages!)

Wondering, if this also hapen at new players, try to instal EU the first time. If so, i think they never come back for trie again, if support take so long.

Again no support respond, today.

Why i can not install EU at Win10?

my system:

Asus rock killer MB Z97/ ati R9380 4 GB DDR5/ Xeon CPU / 16GB Ram / Win10 (win10 resete)
Everything worked well, before I reseted my win10 system.

Switch off virus scanner, win defender and firewall seems not to help, except that you maybe get a virus from some where.

Any idea, what i could do is much welcome!

I would delete any reference to entropia stored in appdata folders and for both roaming and local

try creating a new login profile and try installing after you have uninstalled entropia fully

I would delete any reference to entropia stored in appdata folders and for both roaming and local

try creating a new login profile and try installing after you have uninstalled entropia fully

There is noting about entropia, in my appdata folders.

Now, will try out making a new login profile. Thanks!

still getting same error :(

When re-installing EU, do you always install it on same place?
Try to download it at another place just see if u pass thru the 31% without fails.

I have 5 drives, tried out on all. Noting seems to help, and it always stop after 31%. thats 1 second after i clicked the TUI agreement.

When you start the EU Client, you may want to start it "as Administrator" (should be an option in the properties of the shortcut).

If that doesn't do it then my next guess is one of the system DLLs is dorked. not sure if they still have a rebuild option in the client.

has to be cache or some temp file, you can try moving your swap file also to a different HD

run a chkdisk , defrag

failing all of the above - take that thing outside and burn it then piss on the ashes!

When you start the EU Client, you may want to start it "as Administrator" (should be an option in the properties of the shortcut).

If that doesn't do it then my next guess is one of the system DLLs is dorked. not sure if they still have a rebuild option in the client.

tried this as one of the first options... not working.

has to be cache or some temp file, you can try moving your swap file also to a different HD

run a chkdisk , defrag

failing all of the above - take that thing outside and burn it then piss on the ashes!

Also this don't solve the problem.

Got respond from support!
They can't see any problems on theyr machines. They asked some more about to dry out with different folders, and or different disk. Both don't help. Always same error occure at 31%.

Now,waiting of next support respond.

How about the hibernation file.

There has to be a corrupt cache file it is trying to write too

Also have you tried installing using safe mode with networking also remove any anti virus

Ok, solved the problem with format C and new install of everything :(

But at least,it work now.

Back