Dominant
I recently bought a laptop with next specs:
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3610QM @ 2.30GHz 68 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
6,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. K55VM (SOCKET 0) 71 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel (ASUStek Computer Inc)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (ASUStek Computer Inc) 59 °C
Storage
698GB Hitachi HTS547575A9E384 ATA Device (SATA) 40 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT51N ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

and i have problem to play eu bcz it over heats and shut down .

Any advices what should i do to run it normal without overheat.

Run in safe mode would work....alternatively, since its a laptop I would suggest investing in a cooling pad for it.
Since heat only has a small gap around the sides of a laptop to go, usually they can heat up quite quickly for games. It shutting down is a safety mechanism so that you don' ruin your laptop.

A cooling pad will put airflow underneath your laptop as well as help cool it down with a fan. I use one anytime I play a modern game on a laptop. Worth the $80 and usually plugs into a USB port.

is tested already in safe mode but still its very bad .
i felt deep disapointment in this type of tech .

any more advices .... more detailed what to do ... with software part perhaps ...

Laptops overheat easily.

Make sure you got nothing blocking the exhaust outlets of a laptop, especially when you are running programs with high requirements (like 3D games).

If you are in a room, make sure it's ventilated, has air flow, and not too hot.

You can always get a cooling pad / point a fan at the laptop if the above doesn't work.

I play on my laptop often (at max quality). Room temperature hits close to 30 degree at times. Even then I don't need to point a fan / use a cooling pad, cos I make sure that my laptop exhaust is not blocked.

My previous laptop had a removable battery. I used to always remove the battery and leave the laptop connected to main power. I had the back of the laptop slightly raised, so there was air flow below the laptop as well.

Oh, in case it matters, half the time my laptop is connected to an external monitor / keyboard. I use it as a sort of a desktop replacement, and often my laptop runs 24/7 doing whatever stuff I get it to process.

cooling pad and maybe check fan speed (tools around - ask g...)

Sometimes you can manually set fan speed to max - what will help a little bit.

good luck

Run in safe mode would work....alternatively, since its a laptop I would suggest investing in a cooling pad for it.
Since heat only has a small gap around the sides of a laptop to go, usually they can heat up quite quickly for games. It shutting down is a safety mechanism so that you don' ruin your laptop.

A cooling pad will put airflow underneath your laptop as well as help cool it down with a fan. I use one anytime I play a modern game on a laptop. Worth the $80 and usually plugs into a USB port.

You can get a cooling pad for 15 bucks from ebay. Not sure how long those last tho xd

is tested already in safe mode but still its very bad .
i felt deep disapointment in this type of tech .

any more advices .... more detailed what to do ... with software part perhaps ...

When did you buy this "tech" ? Recently? It's technology from 4 years ago... it's old even for second-hand :(

If it's new and it overheats now, in 3-6 months you will not be able to play even 5 minutes, sorry for the bad news.
Withdraw and buy proper "tech" for such a game because a cooling pad will not help.
For your next laptop don't buy ultrabook/zenbook stuff. Like the guys said, you need big coolers inside to do the job...

gl

PS
u could use this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindark.eu.virtualtycoon&hl=en

4J93pj96Bv1-sCEbBclx0zEFOCq_rx9NLQQ1dy2B8T-sn_AgAg6xuK2_W43lQW4EOQ=h310-rw

Last edited:
When did you buy this "tech" ? Recently? It's technology from 4 years ago... it's old even for second-hand :(

If it's new and it overheats now, in 3-6 months you will not be able to play even 5 minutes, sorry for the bad news.
Withdraw and buy proper "tech" for such a game because a cooling pad will not help.
For your next laptop don't buy ultrabook/zenbook stuff. Like the guys said, you need big coolers inside to do the job...

gl

PS
u could use this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindark.eu.virtualtycoon&hl=en

4J93pj96Bv1-sCEbBclx0zEFOCq_rx9NLQQ1dy2B8T-sn_AgAg6xuK2_W43lQW4EOQ=h310-rw

My previous laptop was only slightly better spec and it was able to play at med - high. There isn't anything much wrong with using those specs for the game, especially since his screen is only 1366 x 768.

My previous laptop was only slightly better spec and it was able to play at med - high. There isn't anything much wrong with using those specs for the game, especially since his screen is only 1366 x 768.

I didn't say it was something wrong with playing from any specs, I did not discriminate any specs...

There is something wrong with his expectations; having high expectations when playing games from a laptop built for multimedia long time ago, is wrong.

Odd, I play on a ux303lb ultrabook (940M, i7 5500) and usually only in "poor cooling" conditions (on my thighs, in bed wrapped in a duvet) and don't have any issues. Running Med/High.

You could look at altering the "shutoff" temperatures in bios / asus software, and turn the fans up on that too (powerboost). Also update your drivers.

I don't like those cooling pads cos it removes any portability of the laptop hah.

Operating System
CPU
RAM
Motherboard
Graphics
Storage
Optical Drives
Audio

New laptop? overheating? shutting down?

Advice: Send it back??, throw it in the bin??, smash it with a hammer?, donate it as a prize to an EU event and charge everyone 100 peds per ticket???

If it's new take it back and demand a refund, if it's second hand then take it apart and give it a good clean.

Play on low and enable vertical synchronization (VSync).

Check the windows energy profiles, if you are using the high performance one change it to "Balanced". Also, when possible, play with the charger plugged in and the battery removed.

Make sure the main vent is moving air, if it isn't take the laptop to your shop or issue an RMA if you have warranty.

My laptop that i use to play Entropia sometime is Lenovo G50 and have no problems ! And that lenovo is super crapy laptop . Try to upgrade drivers and change the video card settings . If its have 2 maybe it work on low one :)

Good luck , mac

if its new and overheating , send it back
if its used , clean it up and redo the cpu and gpu paste

I play on hp350g2 and I have no problems on medium. On a "regular" landscape (say Ithaca) it will do almost 60 fps. It would have problems at Jura with all the grass, about 25 fps.

Overheat and shooting down has to do with the power management settings built-in. Check your videocard managements software also and tweak down the graphic settings in EU.

Thx on advice folks ,

Thing is that game overheats even on low or safe mode .
I think bcz game reads other ppl using connection and there is a lot of processes when there is about to show up 100 avatars.

Also on my stabile pc but on very high settings CPU temp goes to the 80 85 C degrees .
I am telling ya the game requirements should be updated by MA bcz old ones are just outdated :D
intel pentium 4 can run shit :D

and my stabile pc have

i5 processor 4th gen
8gm ram
2GB ATI R9 graph

and still takes 85 C degrees heat on very high settings i think its to much for one game like this .

I think they should make some setting in graphics titles "laptop compatible" so we all can play without no problems :D

I run the game perfectly fine on a much worse laptop. No overheating, no shutdowns.

Asus P2520LA if you must know. 350€.

RMA your laptop.

Don't blame MA for your shitty laptop :laugh:

People are running MA was less specs than yours, so the problem isn't with MA.

I run the game perfectly fine on a much worse laptop. No overheating, no shutdowns.

Asus P2520LA if you must know. 350€.

RMA your laptop.

you must know that your pc is new and generation 5 of processors . i think its last gen

but using INTEL HD graph sucks by my opinion its only good for tetris and solitare if you dont have some other one built in tho :D
you are wery lucky to have some of the best processors there ;) i checked on benchmark

i think ill just take it over to cooling paste change and stuff :D
but most likely some software part fcks this up
maybe the booster turns on and raise heat without no important reason

try explicitly setting the game to use your Nvidia GPU under the nvidia settings... I know on my laptop with 750m it always defaults to intel HD... it may run better atleast

It's not new
You can run EU on way older hardware than this....

i think this trojan i got infected (dont ask how :D ) fcked up some things ... it installed a few programs that runs on startup wich are chinesse os some other stuff wich i dont know to uninstall some spyware programs uninstalled it but i am not sure since that happened its overheating ... i tested league of legends and it over heats.

Operating System
CPU
RAM
Motherboard
Graphics
Storage
Optical Drives
Audio

Just out ofcuriosity, when you say you bought a ”new laptop”, did you buy that one in aretail store as “new”? That hardware specs are at least 4-5 years old. I hopeyou got it really cheap.

Just out ofcuriosity, when you say you bought a ”new laptop”, did you buy that one in aretail store as “new”? That hardware specs are at least 4-5 years old. I hopeyou got it really cheap.

yeah man but its not the reason to heat over ....by the words from MA and i run some test on net all sites shows i can play this game .... so why i cant play it then ? is it that bad i cant play it on safe mode ?

Back