Help: New Laptop

The specs on that laptop are better than my old one and that can handle low settings. It's not cutting edge but it can handle EU if it's working properly.

Your laptop is in bad condition, stop blaming MA.

New? refund/replace.
Used? Contact the seller.
No luck? repair shop.
No luck still? buy a new one.

I'm done trying to help you.

If it's new take it back and demand a refund, if it's second hand then take it apart and give it a good clean.

if its new and overheating , send it back
if its used , clean it up and redo the cpu and gpu paste

These guys know what they are talking about! Or it could be a multitude of viruses clogging up your CPU as mentioned, do a total reboot or install some anti virus software!

try explicitly setting the game to use your Nvidia GPU under the nvidia settings... I know on my laptop with 750m it always defaults to intel HD... it may run better atleast

This is very important, because the default built-in "videocard" is actually part of the processor, in layman terms. So this might lead to overheat of cpu in case of graphic-intensive stuff like EU.

check your taskmanager for cpu usage, if it's normal, malware ain't your problem.. the hardware is.
I would open it up, clean it & replace the thermal paste on everything that has a heatsink.
I had the same problem a few years ago, opened it up & it has been running fine for 3 years now..
PS : i can still play on low settings on a hp dv7 1220 eb

thx everione i whipe out hard drives, installed new system and device drives now its cold as ice :D

thx everione i whipe out hard drives, installed new system and device drives now its cold as ice :D

remember to check that your using your Nvidia GPU ;D ... I used my integrated for 2 years before i noticed XD
.... I just thought Entropia was poorly optimized

Back