Rings???

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Which ring or combination of rings is worth buying? Why?

I think it depends on your application.
What do you normally do on EU?

I am a part time hunter - full time swunter.
For a swunter the HP + HP regen ring and Evade ring is purely awesome.

I'm happy with Adj Athenic and Imp Ares. Very cost effective setup, you evade/dodge more and land more and bigger crits plus the reload speed bonus. So this kinda setup actually saves you ped in the long run.

If you have unlimited budget get the most crit chance you can.

investment and or use ?

I really like the acceleration rings, I can't ever see those losing value. once you've used a Mod+, you can't be without it ever again.

I use Artemic Aug and Hermetic Aug ring for taming. I really like that setup, and it's low level mobs, so not too bothered with defence costs which are a couple of ped.

Mod Angelic HP ring for hunting, wish I waited longer to buy 'Aug', but lost appetite to spend big peds on more expensive rings now.

Sometimes use Athenic (evade) ring, but I don't trust the system to compensate for using it. I've only got adjusted anyway, probably really handy if hunting way out of skill level.

If anyone has tons of Attributes, I'm sure like me the system caps you on each mob anyway. So in my opinion the system readjust your evade. A mate of mine yesterday "why is it I've now got commando and the mobs are hitting me twice as hard....I smiled, told him to die, TP back and all should be reset".

I've not got into the Ares rings, I do have an L ring though. What's to say if having a bad run, you could then be increasing the speed you lose...lol. Everyone seems to want one, not sure if that's because everyone else says they should use one, or personal opinion.

Probably handy for events, when you want to pump in tons of peds. That said; I used to enter Rex events, a couple of years ago on BIG LA with MF and came in second or third a few times. Pumping the most peds in the quickest time, doesn't always put you on top.

Rick

pS: some ring spelling might be wrong, not in game to check.

I'm using a laser pistol setup so for me, Ares Imp and Ath Adj is best.

I love my aug ares + perfect hermetic. Shoot faster and get more shots in mobs before they reach you (walking backwards)

I really like the acceleration rings, I can't ever see those losing value. once you've used a Mod+, you can't be without it ever again.

I use Artemic Aug and Hermetic Aug ring for taming. I really like that setup, and it's low level mobs, so not too bothered with defence costs which are a couple of ped.

Mod Angelic HP ring for hunting, wish I waited longer to buy 'Aug', but lost appetite to spend big peds on more expensive rings now.

Sometimes use Athenic (evade) ring, but I don't trust the system to compensate for using it.
I've only got adjusted anyway, probably really handy if hunting way out of skill level.

If anyone has tons of Attributes, I'm sure like me the system caps you on each mob anyway. So in my opinion the system readjust your evade. A mate of mine yesterday "why is it I've now got commando and the mobs are hitting me twice as hard....I smiled, told him to die, TP back and all should be reset".

I've not got into the Ares rings, I do have an L ring though. What's to say if having a bad run, you could then be increasing the speed you lose...lol. Everyone seems to want one, not sure if that's because everyone else says they should use one, or personal opinion.

Probably handy for events, when you want to pump in tons of peds. That said; I used to enter Rex events, a couple of years ago on BIG LA with MF and came in second or third a few times. Pumping the most peds in the quickest time, doesn't always put you on top.

Rick

pS: some ring spelling might be wrong, not in game to check.

Bold parts are my concerns about rings too. Has it been factually proven that with the rings the mob simply compensates by hitting harder instead of more for having enhanced evasion ? I recall some chatter around this a while back or maybe that was along similar lines for enhancers.

Dunno about combo but I don't take off my Ares :laugh:

Bought one ring for each hand. May buy more later. Health Regen effect is nice but I don't see the extra health showing up in attributes for avatar, or see a difference when I equip or unequip?

Last edited:
Bought one ring for each hand. May buy more later. Health Regen effect is nice but I don't see the extra health showing up in attributes for avatar, or see a difference when I equip or unequip?

Cause it`s a buff not attribute :)

You see a notice with your new health in the top-left corner when you equip/unequip a ring or get health buff from other sources. Buffs aren't seen on the attributes page but you can easily see the actual value by jumping from a PA tower with the full health.

In my book, a health ring has zero value, since it occupies the hand where could have been an Ares.

Jump off the port atlantis tower.. and see how much damage you take.

WRfE3F1.jpg

:cool: +216% actually. It's augmented.

(PS please help OP with in game rings then we can help with RL rings :p don't want to derail their post)

Do the reload rings affect both melee and ranged, or just ranged?

(got 3 rings in my little growing collection so far, may get more in coming months, lol)

For sniping I like to use an ares ring and a perfected hermetic ring. For melee I like to use an ares ring and an athenic ring. For sweating I would use an athenic ring and an aeglic ring, but I don't sweat. For mining I would use a Christmas ring and an aeglic ring, but I don't mine. If I had unlimited peds, my ideal combo would be 2016 and 2017 Easter Rings. A more realistic version would be 2017 easter ring and perfected athenic.

Back