Quest for ATH Log

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
These seemed to have worked pretty well for me in the past, so I might as well start one now.

Aside from reaching L100 or something silly in mining... hitting an ATH is the last missing achievement from my mining career. So... without further ado... I'm starting a log.

I'll be documenting my journey and updating logs bi-weekly at the most.. I may just update them monthly. Since my 20k narc in the first few days of September, I had given up mining and hunted for the rest of the month (big mistake). While I didn't lose a lot of ped, it just isn't for me. So I started mining again on the first of October.

Ground Rules:

1) Indoor mining exclusively (so long as it's sustainable)
2) DSEC L30 Finder Always
3) Level 5 amps or higher

I'll be gambling every saturday (when possible) with about 2-3k in big amps. This should at least give me a slightly increased chance of hitting an ATH. Other than that I'll be exclusively sticking to any of the following amps:

Level 5 (L)
D-Class (L)
Terra Amp 6 (L)

I'm aiming to cycle 200k ped/month.. but as of now 150k/month seems more attainable.

Wish me luck!

Note: At the conclusion of hitting an ATH... if I hit an ATH... I'll be concluding my EU mining career as well.
Monthly Tracking Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sRZT7Fsc1WBSSAXryy-7X3Y6Kv1ypWWayEYI9l87KDY/edit?usp=sharing

June 2016 - September 2016:
+49718.84 (102.48% TT)

October 2016:
-84.41 (89.15% TT)

November 2016:
+16629.29 (118.51% TT)

February 2017:
-1400.91 (83.47% TT)

March 2017:
-13002.73 (79.07% TT)

April 2017:
-2943.01 (84.88% TT)

May 2017:
+18194.97 (130.37% TT)

June 2017:
-4445.00 (79.76% TT)

July 2017:
+7952.37 (103.48% TT)

Overall Stats (updated after every complete month):

TT in: 1,187,958.53
TT out: 1,111,173.36 (93.54%)

+/- after markup: +70619.01

Top Ten Loots of Log:

20681 Narcanisum
13654 Zolphic Oil
13468 Lysterium
12628 Azzurdite
8681 Veda Stone
7216 Gazzurdite
6693 Durulium
6180 Ignisium
6049 Alternative
5735 Erionite

Last edited:
Subbed! GL on the quest bud. Why quit when its complete though?

Subbed! GL on the quest bud. Why quit when its complete though?

RL stuff is going to limit my ability to play within the next two years.. so I figure I'll ATH and then just play casually with six mates on weekends.

Assuming I ATH within the next two years.

October so far:

TT in: 127188.36

TT out: 121914.09 (95.85%)

+/- after markup: +10794.51

Had two towers at the beginning of the month.

10/1 - 8630 Veda Tower
10/4 - 6180 Ignisium Tower

Since then I haven't had a meaningful hof with exception to a 3630 Iron hof that pretty much put me back to square for that week. Profit for the month peaked at 21,980 ped and has since decreased to 14,340 ped.

It's been almost two weeks since I've hit a big hof, so I'm expecting something to come soon.. I'll presumably finish around ~102% TT return like my long-term logs show.

Additionally, gambling saturdays will be postponed this week. I'm going out of town for the weekend for my birthday. I'm going to try and hit 150k cycled for the month, but weekends are typically my time to cycle the most so I may top out around 140k cycled this month.

Last edited:
Nice Oct. for you so far. :) Early Happy Birthday.

Nice Oct. for you so far. :) Early Happy Birthday.

Thanks!

I know it's a decent month.. but the last two weeks have felt like dog shit. losing ~7k ped isn't fun.. even if it was profits that were lost.

Updated October stats through this weekend. Currently in Hell for a few runs to try and stir up a tower. Markup here sort of sucks.

I haven't had a meaningful multiplier since the 4th of this month... went from about 22k profit to the 10.7k profit I'm at currently..

Additionally, I haven't had a positive run since 10/12 when i hit a 3.6k iron hof.

If I tower it should be between 7.8k and 12k... but time will tell. Just gotta keep dropping. I need to remember I'm still in the green for the month.. it's just hard watching profits dwindle.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sRZT7Fsc1WBSSAXryy-7X3Y6Kv1ypWWayEYI9l87KDY/edit?usp=sharing

Adding a viewable link to my mining spread sheets.. now everyone can view the pain in real time.

Haven't had a run in the green in at least a week.

Sadly i'll only be doing 1-2 more indoor runs.. after that it's back to outdoors until this lull ends.

Also updated stats... did one run with a normal finder and results didn't change.. still ~70% returns.

One more run then it's planetside for me until november.

Last edited:
I was having a look at your spread sheet, Nice MU for indoors runs! I will have to try AU someday :)

You cycled around 88k and lost 13.8k since your last big multiplier. I would go amp on some crappy MU ores, big chances you hit a 15-20k soon.

Btw we can see the hidden cells in your spread sheet ;)

I was having a look at your spread sheet, Nice MU for indoors runs! I will have to try AU someday :)

You cycled around 88k and lost 13.8k since your last big multiplier. I would go amp on some crappy MU ores, big chances you hit a 15-20k soon.

Btw we can see the hidden cells in your spread sheet ;)

lol go figure... not like it matters too much.. just switched over to using the google sheets in July when i got my new laptop.. so i can mine while mobile and still access my sheets.

And yeah.. i'm hoping to hit something nice soon.. tried hell last week w/ 10k ped but came up empty.. i need to find a spot with tons of narc i think lol. like foma.

Last edited:
I can log back in now! Let the 5-digit towers come to me.

Also I'll be doing a 12-hour stream tomorrow (Friday) beginning around 13:00 MA

just switched over to using the google sheets in July when i got my new laptop.. so i can mine while mobile and still access my sheets.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm the biggest moron of the earth, tried to use all kind of stuff for statistics and this online sheets thing was just in front of my nose

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

GL man!

Updated stats and back to arkadia.

Streaming for 10-12 hours tomorrow starting at 13:00 MA.

Lost 3k in the last two days.. 64% return one run and 47% the next. This shit is getting exhausting. I'm not sure why I haven't been able to get a single decent run in three weeks.

Updated stats again.

Did 30x lvl 5 amps. ore only.. got 64.95% return.... on 3000 fucking drops. My highest hit was 79 ped lol..
-6k ped after markup in the last two days. Roughly 5500 drops.

I suppose everything is being funneled into HM right now.. even though that's not how it's supposed to be that's what I suspect.

Additionally, I have lost 20k ped after markup in a matter of 15 days... now that is impressive. ~72% TT return since my last multi on october 13th.

I'll be either mining planetside or not logging in again until HM is over.

Again, here's my log so others can share in my pain.

Last edited:
Wow! :eyecrazy: My last run was pretty low 58%, I figured because my 2 before it weren't the usual 70's%, but in the 80%'s. Is losses including your stockpiled MU value? Really ouch if so. :( Hope you can hit a nice comeback hof on surface.

Interesting thread, thx for the information Rocket; would +rep but already did.

Wow! :eyecrazy: My last run was pretty low 58%, I figured because my 2 before it weren't the usual 70's%, but in the 80%'s. Is losses including your stockpiled MU value? Really ouch if so. :( Hope you can hit a nice comeback hof on surface.

I have some unsold markup.. most of the stockpiled ignisium is counted for.. but some not..

end of the day if i sold everything at current markups i'd be at +3.9k or so..

I've elected to continue indoor mining for now.. today was just demoralizing.. -2.1k at the end of it. No one wants to lose 6k after markup when you're mining with less than 1.5% markup input.

hoping to do better in hell.

Another 64% return run..

Seems to be the way of the land since HM started.

I'm commencing my last indoor run now.

Big recent losses ✅ Looks like you are on track for that ATH then ;)

Good luck!!

Big recent losses ✅ Looks like you are on track for that ATH then ;)

Good luck!!

Well this run hasn't been any improvement.

What started off as an amazing month has severely taken a downturn.

I'll update the OP after this run is finished, but I've officially gone from 22k in the green to red numbers.

My markup I'm obtaining isn't bad either. My logs indicate I can manage at least 95% TT return. This has just been one hell of a low-swing.

It's been approximately 20,800 drops since my last hof over 1k...

Also.. according to standard ROR theory.. my risk was around 1.78%... so 1.78% chance that I would go completely broke without hitting hofs to get back to square. that 1.78% is quickly becoming a reality

20000+ drops indoors without an uber. ouch. somebody call MA and tell them to send a whambulance for my pedcard.

Damn. Thanks for sharing the results - I haven't put out as much as you have (that's a LOT of drops) but have been down that road where i'm wondering WTH is going on. We'll have to hope for you - good on you for hangin in there.

Good hunting m8!

I'm not surprised at the result. When I mined hard with the ul7, I dropped tons and it was completely uneventful. Rather sad.

It was that reason that always made me believe that kickbacks were a myth.

I've officially gone from 22k in the green to red numbers.

I hit a 20k hof recently and I've had nothing but mostly terrible returns since. I'm still believing in the personal loot pool.

Guess MA might of slipped and rewarded you too well from back when you got your towers and now they want it all back and more...lol. But hopefully you can recoup at least something soon. Best of luck and lets see where this "complaining" (j/k) goes for your log here (who knows maybe MA is testing your nerves again and is delaying your payout).

Guess MA might of slipped and rewarded you too well from back when you got your towers and now they want it all back and more...lol. But hopefully you can recoup at least something soon. Best of luck and lets see where this "complaining" (j/k) goes for your log here (who knows maybe MA is testing your nerves again and is delaying your payout).

It is definitely complaining.. I'm not trying to hide that lol. but I don't think anyone could find an EU player that's okay with losing over 20k ped in three weeks and not complain about it.

Yes... kickback hofs may be a myth... right time and place method seems to be more appealing..

When i hit the 20k narc, sheena hit a 7k narc 30 seconds before me. When i hit the 8.6k veda, Cree hit a 7k veda about 45 minutes before me.

The 6.1k ignisium tower came when i wasn't hitting any ignisium whatsoever, so the system may have just paid out what it should in one big multi.
I other words.. I think I'm going to spend at least 2/3 of my time outdoors.. and I'll go indoors when certain locations and resources appear to be "hot."

Updated stats.. concluded the log for october. It's clear that i need to find at least a little bit more markup.. the result of my bad markup for the month was me chasing shitty tt trash resources to try and stir up a tower this last week.

That being said.. it's still a better month than august was where i lost around 9k after markup. Hopefully november is better to me. I'll be creating a copy of the october spreadsheet and leave it next to the october results for viewing.

The master sheet will restart for november. All-in-all I've lost 22349.86 ped after markup since October 13th.

I lol'd pretty good at that.

Whambulance.jpg

I was thinking more of this.

Kickbacks are real.

I think the way kickbacks work depends on how much your spending.

Let's say you are 1k peds in the red.

You are doing 20 ped click/drops.

System deems you're not ready to receive a kicback.

New version:

You are 1k peds in the red.

You are doing 1 ped drops.

System deems you to need a kickback for your current spend.

Essentially it depends on how much you are spending to how much you can go in the red before kickback.

Only one of my towers did not follow heavy game time with big losses.
(a bit like "here's your money back plus a bit extra").

I bet if you switched down an amp during a good time you'd hit an uber. (but don't do that).

I find sticking with the same amp/spend is the best option, so when it does hit you are decently amped to get the big claim.

Imagine being 20k ped down, to only go to a lower amp and hit a 20k....

I'd had a run so bad once..was getting nothing after nothing on d-class amps.....the very last bomb on the amp....XXIV.....

Best of luck on your mission for an ATH. Don't let losses get you down, it will come back to you.

Never give up, never surrender!

I think the way kickbacks work depends on how much your spending.

Let's say you are 1k peds in the red.

You are doing 20 ped click/drops.

System deems you're not ready to receive a kicback.

New version:

You are 1k peds in the red.

You are doing 1 ped drops.

System deems you to need a kickback for your current spend.

Essentially it depends on how much you are spending to how much you can go in the red before kickback.

Only one of my towers did not follow heavy game time with big losses.
(a bit like "here's your money back plus a bit extra").

I bet if you switched down an amp during a good time you'd hit an uber. (but don't do that).

I find sticking with the same amp/spend is the best option, so when it does hit you are decently amped to get the big claim.

Imagine being 20k ped down, to only go to a lower amp and hit a 20k....

I'd had a run so bad once..was getting nothing after nothing on d-class amps.....the very last bomb on the amp....XXIV.....

Best of luck on your mission for an ATH. Don't let losses get you down, it will come back to you.

Never give up, never surrender!

This is my strategy, and also one employed by many heavily-indoor miners. Staying consistent is an important factor in EU across all professions it seems.

I would hate to waste an indoor multiplier outdoors.. so i'm going to avoid that as much as I can. That being said I believe the massive multipliers are most often awarded to those with severe ped deficits. This isn't always the case (right time, place, resource), but more often than not this seems to be the way.

My plan is to incorporate some outdoor mining with the indoor mining to hopefully get my markup higher and my losses under control.

Back