Quest for ATH Log

well thats why luck is the biggest factor in this game. if 2 people cycle hundreds of thousands of peds on the same mob but one guy gets the 50k hof and the other one doesnt means one has a little profit and the other one is hard in the red. the one who got lucky usually then says that the other person is doing something wrong even if both did exactly the same. the long term return is all about luck and hitting the big ones.

well thats why luck is the biggest factor in this game. if 2 people cycle hundreds of thousands of peds on the same mob but one guy gets the 50k hof and the other one doesnt means one has a little profit and the other one is hard in the red. the one who got lucky usually then says that the other person is doing something wrong even if both did exactly the same. the long term return is all about luck and hitting the big ones.

They can't do exactly the same, if they did that, they would be the same person. We know very little about the actual mechanics and will remain in the dark till Mindark decides otherwise.

They can't do exactly the same, if they did that, they would be the same person. We know very little about the actual mechanics and will remain in the dark till Mindark decides otherwise.

Yeah which will never happen...

Regardless there's a personal factor involved to at least some degree..

if it was purely server or input/output based we would have some players at 150%+ long term and some at 60%-... which doesn't happen.. Personal returns are balanced out one way or another. I can't really begin to speculate on that too much though.

Indoor and Outdoor mining could be entirely different, or entirely the same. If I had a 100k+ bankroll I would just camp indoors for good regardless of the returns.

Well my markup has improved to the 118% range finally..

However, I'm -1600 ped for the month so far on about 15k spent. TT returns are around 71% and not rising.

November 2016 Rolling Data:

TT in: 10849.00
TT out: 8278.79 (76.31%)
+/- after MU: -1600.51

Still haven't seen green since october 13th.. not one run.

Additionally I've lost 61% of my ped float..
I'm mining at less than 2% ROR after markup... 4.35% before. So I should still theoretically be in the clear. Just gotta keep going.. taking some advice from friends and heading to monria

Last edited:
Well my markup has improved to the 118% range finally..

However, I'm -1600 ped for the month so far on about 15k spent. TT returns are around 71% and not rising.

November 2016 Rolling Data:

TT in: 10849.00
TT out: 8278.79 (76.31%)
+/- after MU: -1600.51

Still haven't seen green since october 13th.. not one run.

Additionally I've lost 61% of my ped float..
I'm mining at less than 2% ROR after markup... 4.35% before. So I should still theoretically be in the clear. Just gotta keep going.. taking some advice from friends and heading to monria

Keep on "rolling with the punches"...at least your MUs are slowly climbing back up. Anyways, enjoy Monria and you should do just fine there as long as you don't try and become a Muhammad Ali in the boxing ring, lol. Who knows, you might even get "virgin luck" there on Monria since you've never set foot on that planet yet :D.

GL and mine on,
Vi

Keep on "rolling with the punches"...at least your MUs are slowly climbing back up. Anyways, enjoy Monria and you should do just fine there as long as you don't try and become a Muhammad Ali in the boxing ring, lol. Who knows, you might even get "virgin luck" there on Monria since you've never set foot on that planet yet :D.

GL and mine on,
Vi

it was okay.. 86% return on only 10 d-class amps.. no multi though. back to markup grinding

I would hate to waste an indoor multiplier outdoors..

This is a dangerous way of thinking.. I do not believe that indoor mining has any effect on outdoor mining and you should focus on hitting good markups, wherever they are at the moment. "Balancer hof" or bigger multipliers will occur eventually and you will not "waste" any bigger multipliers on outdoors mining.

Think of it this way instead: If you have cycled 20 k peds and lost 5 k peds on indoor mining, these 5 k peds (or 90% of it atleast) will be returned in another cycle. It does not matter if it is outdoors or indoors. You should keep in mind that indoor mining do not magically produce enormous multipliers, just only increase the standard multiplier.

You should drop the "jackpot or bust" mentality since an ATH is not easy to get, even if you try to increase multipliers with amps and indoor mining. You still need several months or even years, and drop an extreme amount of bombs to hit an ATH. With your setup in this log (mostly indoor mining and those amps), you need at least 100k ped balance and be prepared to lose it all. Anyway, I hope you succeed to hit an ATH with this log, but I recommend you try to find a more stable way to hit an ATH :)

The ultimate goal is always to profit. I've been able to make some sweet RL purchases from my mining and I don't intend to lose ped to hit an ATH.

The goal of this log was to give myself something to strive for or else I'll get bored with EU. Not having a goal other than "profit" will burn me out within weeks. With the amount of time I spend in game and how much I cycle each month I need a good long term goal.

While the wasting of multis outdoors may or may not be true, I would hate to hit a 12k outdoor tower that could have been 50k indoor. Whether or not that mentality is correct, who knows.

I can get good markup indoors.. enough for 5% profit assuming 90%.. the problem is getting the TT return up. I've been chasing trash resources to force a big hof and that thought process is clearly flawed.

While the wasting of multis outdoors may or may not be true, I would hate to hit a 12k outdoor tower that could have been 50k indoor. Whether or not that mentality is correct, who knows.

Yeah agree, no one knows if it is correct or not :) Although if you feel that way you should really only do indoors, because with the cycling that you do you will be sure to hit a tower outdoors and then regret it ;)

I can get good markup indoors.. enough for 5% profit assuming 90%.. the problem is getting the TT return up. I've been chasing trash resources to force a big hof and that thought process is clearly flawed.

Since ATHing is the goal, you are on the right track when trying to search for low markup ores. Those will be the ones that you most probably will hit an extreme multiplier on. Looking at your log it seems like you do ore only correct? I think that this is important if you want to hit bigger multipliers, since you decrease your hitrate. Better to slap on a bigger amp than search both if you want to hit big.

A personal recommendation for you that might not be eco-wise is that you try depth enhancers. I have experimented with these on DSEC 30 the last three months and they seem to increase the variance of return. Extreme depth (1000+) seem to lower overall hitrate, but also give periods were you more frequently hit bigger claims. My speculation is that depth enhancers give some sort of accumulated decay that acts like mini-amps, which either produce bigger claims or extreme rare ores. Since you do indoor mining and use big amps you do not have to be afraid that you will hit rare ores instead of bigger claims :)

Note that this enhancer theory is based on short testing and gut feeling, but I felt like it might be good to share with you, since you hunt for an ATH.

The depth of the L30 has been fucking with things to be honest. I've tested this against some other finders in various spots and my consensus is that 500-600m depth is ideal.

I don't have the skill for the B35 finder on enmatter yet, and I've started mixing in enmatter for better markup, so I'll probably go away from the preamped finders for a while. When using the f105 my returns are always higher when I don't hof. It's a slightly lower cycled speed, but I'll just have to mine more. I'll upgrade to the B35 or the new RT finders when my skill is adequate.

TT trash mining will be reserved for my Saturday gambling

Update: Just had my first legit green run in three weeks. I didn't even need a big hof to do it.

Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

check out that chat...

10 minutes before i hit this and 10 minutes after the mage hit.

Last edited:
gz again! And good to see you got your swirls sorted right in time for this!

Nice hits!! Grats bud. :cool:

Nice hits!! Grats bud. :cool:

Numbers tell me another 9-11k is headed my way.. unless tax does matter, which means only about 5k is coming my way.

If I have to pay back that 20k narc and tax doesn't matter, then it means I should lose about 3k after this.

:silly2:

Big gratz on your well predicted estimates/timing man. We've been chatting in game for past few weeks, and you were very adamant on getting something big this week. Now the question is will you stay indoor or outdoor or both ("hybrid area mining") until Gold Rush starts? Anyways, glad the big hits turned out for you and mine on until you hit your ATH :D.

Gratz on those awesome hofs and nice prediction :D

Interesting ... Gratz

Big gratz on your well predicted estimates/timing man. We've been chatting in game for past few weeks, and you were very adamant on getting something big this week. Now the question is will you stay indoor or outdoor or both ("hybrid area mining") until Gold Rush starts? Anyways, glad the big hits turned out for you and mine on until you hit your ATH :D.

Yeah it's interesting how that played out.

Even throughout my streams I was telling viewers that "I won't hit anything and then once November gets here I'll hof a bunch the first week."

Could just be the way my cycle works.. but so far my last 5 towers have all occurred the first week of the month. After the towers, loot tapers off and builds until I tower again. Could be a coincidence, or not.

Could just be the way my cycle works.. but so far my last 5 towers have all occurred the first week of the month. After the towers, loot tapers off and builds until I tower again. Could be a coincidence, or not.

Heh. Have you tried playing only the first 2 weeks every month?

Heh. Have you tried playing only the first 2 weeks every month?

I'm not sure it works that way but if I'm ever short on time I'll try

Congrats on the loot.

Interesting though you were able to estimate so accurately.

So much about this game and it's hunting/mining mechanics that I know almost nothing about.

Only tid bits that I pick up on the forum here.

Congrats again :)

November stats have been updated.. +12441.96 for November so far.

I'm hoping to hold onto profits this time instead of watching them dwindle into nothing again.

markups and resource consumption are at an all-time low..

Mining is going to be slow for me this month.. not logging in as much and I don't want to crash any fragile markets.

Hopefully things will recover in the coming weeks. Introduction of Arkadia GR mining division should boost amp prices and resource consumption, I'll resume the heavy grinding then.

Updated stats... About 93% return for the total of this log... yearly return around 98% currently.

This month has been good so far.. but my runs are getting increasingly worse. The November log is very much starting to resemble the October log. If profits dip too far down I'll go outdoors for a week or so to mitigate some loss until my kickbacks the first week of December.

Still over 11k profit for the log though.. so not bad.

Edit: I still have auctions resting below market value that will not sell lol... crafting is at an all time low right now.

attachment.php

6.7k Duru

Stats updated for November and totals through this log. ~16k of profit this month so far. Still trying to hold onto profits and not let them fall away like last month.

I have about 8k TT in resources to sell not counting this duru.. markups have pretty much crashed across the board so I'm waiting to sell a good chunk of my stuff. At that point I'll resume the hard grinding. This month's cycle will be close to 100k or less. A big change from the 170k of October.

Congrats again you Uber miner you..... Oh by the way I know a magical spot that is just holding that ATH, waiting to release it to that special person.... Yes you guessed it...

OLA#50

LA#50 Info

Neconu-Highest-Single-Loot-Wins-(500-PEDs)

Sorry Rocket, you know I had to throw a little Spam this way too lol....

Alright... so RL is going to prevent me from mining 30+ hours per week like I was doing the better half of last year.

First, I pulled out 95% of my ped... I'm not sure what I want to do so I took about two months off.

Second, the market and the markup environment has become literal dogshit. I understand MA needs to make a profit, but dabbling in resource distribution ratios and resource caps is just unethical in my view. when I have resources to sell, it takes weeks upon weeks to do so. That rate of consumption is not acceptable to me.

I think I'll try to keep mining and see what happens, but I'll likely stick to planetside mining and see if markups improve in the next month or two, if they do not, I'll be pulling out my cash and consider it a good run. EU has been a blast, but I can't justify spending hours upon hours in game when I know I'm going to slowly lose 1-3% of my investment.

The entertainment factor just isn't there to justify that kind of loss.

This log will be considered finished for now. I likely won't be starting a new one unless the market improves. Best of luck and see you all in game!

Similar sentiments as me, Rocket. I have a slight profit per run, long term wise...but its hard to justify the time investment in doing so, as the entertainment value for me is making money. With my log 21k drops, at 75/hour is 285 hours mining, divide by 2353 ped profit is 8 ped/hour. TBH I'd rather spend that time playng a different game. :laugh: It might just become more of a once in awhile thing for me until economy improves. Anyway good to see you again, see ya in-game.

Edit: Those statistics were majorly based on a mu which included a lot of 160%+ igni...no idea what hourly earnings would be now.

Similar sentiments as me, Rocket. I have a slight profit per run, long term wise...but its hard to justify the time investment in doing so, as the entertainment value for me is making money. With my log 21k drops, at 75/hour is 285 hours mining, divide by 2353 ped profit is 8 ped/hour. TBH I'd rather spend that time playng a different game. :laugh: It might just become more of a once in awhile thing for me until economy improves. Anyway good to see you again, see ya in-game.

Edit: Those statistics were majorly based on a mu which included a lot of 160%+ igni...no idea what hourly earnings would be now.

Yeah, shit happens. It couldn't last forever I suppose.

I'm hoping the economy switches up as the weather warms up again. Hopefully by April things will look better. Other than that my money is best served in a brokerage account than in this game.

Back