Quest for ATH Log

alright... peds are going to deposited in the next few days. I'm going to pursue the ATH dream until at least August, 2017.

:silly2:

Glgl :)

alright... Peds are going to deposited in the next few days. I'm going to pursue the ath dream until at least august, 2017.

alright... peds are going to deposited in the next few days. I'm going to pursue the ATH dream until at least August, 2017.

Welcome back Rocket and don't let the jealous or negative ppl discourage you (includes your own inner demons when playing game to), but chase the EU lore and excitement of having the opportunity in letting others live through you while you go for your immense goal, dream, ATH, or what eva it is (ment many ppl in game don't have the bank roll to do what you're after; thus they watch other players via Twitch attempt this everyday). This might not make any sense, but if you forget everything, just don't forget to have fun m8; gl out there and mine on!

Cheerz,
Vi

Welcome back Rocket and don't let the jealous or negative ppl discourage you (includes your own inner demons when playing game to), but chase the EU lore and excitement of having the opportunity in letting others live through you while you go for your immense goal, dream, ATH, or what eva it is (ment many ppl in game don't have the bank roll to do what you're after; thus they watch other players via Twitch attempt this everyday). This might not make any sense, but if you forget everything, just don't forget to have fun m8; gl out there and mine on!

Cheerz,
Vi

Thanks! There's not a lot of hate honestly. I just bitch a lot when things aren't going my way.

I should get back indoors this weekend.. we'll see

February so far.. didn't get started until February 9th or so..

TT in: 11626.90
TT out: 9404.61 (80.89%)
Avg markup: 117.35%
profit/loss after markup: -1002.05

Heading back indoors. outdoors markup seems to be identical to what I can manage indoors, so I'm not really avoiding a lot of risk for the extreme decrease in cycle speed.

I'm expecting markup to hover between 115-117% long term with the current market values remaining constant. At that rate I can at least break even or profit 2-5% if i grind properly.

February 2017:
TT in: 37283.38
TT out: 31122.06 (83.47%)
profit/loss after markup: -1400.91

no good multipliers.. markup environment was really horrible. I basically spent the month hopping around trying out different things to figure out what works. March should be a positive month. Going to try to get indoors when possible... but the market makes indoors really prohibitive right now.

My bankroll problems aren't helping either.. might depo to give myself some float.

March half-way update:

TT in: 26031.50
TT out: 20052.81 (77.03%)

Profit/loss after markup: -4116.67

Notes:

Family death prohibited a great deal of my mining time this month. I can realistically cycle 60-80k per month outdoors, so i'll continue trying to achieve that...

Absolutely terrible tt return for outdoor mining. I did spend about 4k TT indoors which resulted in a 900 ped loss after markup. However, it seems I just cannot get adequate TT returns. Here's to hoping for a planetside tower.

You're not alone. Last days returns were horrible

You're not alone. Last days returns were horrible

My charts from last year indicate i lost a lot in february up until easter so I'm expecting the same is happening. Just can't get a multi to save my life.

My charts from last year indicate i lost a lot in february up until easter so I'm expecting the same is happening. Just can't get a multi to save my life.

My last mining stint had similar problems. Indoor blows. :(

My last mining stint had similar problems. Indoor blows. :(

returns indoors are the same for me as outdoors right now.. maybe 2-3% better if i global. markup is just worse indoors, it'll give way eventually

Losses continue to pile up... -6400 after markup for March so far. I'm now in range for a 12k tower or more.

Doing 2000 drops or so tomorrow... 12-hour stream starting at 07:00 US-eastern. Tune in for trap ass music and ped hemorrhaging.

https://www.twitch.tv/rocket192

Reactions: das
good luck and keep up the good work.

losses continue to pile up. down roughly -10100 (75.20% TT) after markup since February 11th.

My time will be pretty constrained for the next couple of weeks, so I won't be able to mine a ton. Hopefully as I pass 100k cycled I can start to see some multipliers. Markup is still short of favorable, but I can still break even or turn a little profit if I manage decent returns.

I also think I'm over-grinding... I need to do less and be more consistent i think.

Last edited:
Alright...

update coming at the end of the month (obviously). I'm not doing as poorly as I have been the majority of the month, but still no balancing towers.

As a second note, I'm going to include my logs/stats from july 2016 and onward... it's deceptive and for the sake of consistency and statistical analysis i'm going to move everything into this thread so we can see what the true +/- is when put together.

Also, I'll be able to post what my long-term tt return truly is.. (i believe somewhere near 98% tt).

missing part of august and july for some reason, but i'll find it.

Last edited:
Update: Running March Total

TT in: 67367.00
TT out: 52524.03 (77.97%)

profit/loss after markup: -10463.97

well it's not as bad as October when i was up 25k and lost it all in two weeks... but i'm mining conservatively now so it hurts just as much.

Hopefully the end is in sight.

March 2017

TT in: 89682.00
TT out: 70910.52 (79.07%)

Markup Average: 110.74%

Profit/Loss after Markup: -13002.73

Notes: Just can't hit a tower.. my cycle is 10k-30k from what i normally do in a month and i think this is impacting why i haven't towered yet. Most of the towers have come between 100k-120k cycled. My markup kind of sucks (actually it really sucks) but there's really nothing that can be done about that so long as I am indoors. Even outdoor markup isn't much higher.. further, resources just don't sell at a pace fast enough to keep up with mining even 2-3 hours each day.

The BIG Industries event including foma has only further saturated the market and thus markups and consumption have fallen. Ideally, conditions would improve as summer arrives and less people play, but I do not think they will get any better..

When I tower this week and even out to 95-98% return I'll stop mining indefinitely as the frustration and time commitment is far too high to justify the potential 2-4k profit I might achieve each month. I'll be moving onto hunting where I'll aim to skill as efficiently as possible.

Should the environment change and the landscape for mining indoors become more profitable, I may take up mining again in the future, but for now there are too many devices in-game which discourage a consumption-based economy and for that reason I'll be done.

Stay posted for my uber towers coming soon!

March 2017

I'll stop mining indefinitely as the frustration and time commitment is far too high to justify the potential 2-4k profit I might achieve each month. I'll be moving onto hunting where I'll aim to skill as efficiently as possible.

Happened the same to me, just loosing on amped mining, both indoor and planetside, no way to tower or hit a decent hof..
Stick to hunting, seems way better to me right now :)
Hope you'll get your ATH in another way!

Happened the same to me, just loosing on amped mining, both indoor and planetside, no way to tower or hit a decent hof..
Stick to hunting, seems way better to me right now :)
Hope you'll get your ATH in another way!

While the poor TT returns can generate a lot of anxiety and frustration the larger issue is the inability to cover losses with markup anymore. With hunting, the base TT return is much higher and more stable.. additionally, there's an eco threshold that almost guarantees profit when surpassed.

The mechanics that allow hunting to be successful are absent in mining. But miners used to have healthy markup output to offset losses. Not 100% fault of MA, but devices and the outlook of the game are not centered around resource consumption anymore, hence the markups are bad enough to render hunting a more profitable venue for me.

Despite that, I did tower, though it's about 14-15k shy of where it needed to be. Hopefully more come in the future.

I'm getting impatient as this is the most amount of drops i've gone without evening out.

Last edited:
While the MU is mostly shit, except those resources where it is artificially improved by removing resources or limiting them, most important is - TT return %. If it's 90%, most of miners are or will be f-ed because you need at least 111.2% pure MU and that's just a TT calculation. Honestly, 90% nowadays would be a huge joke.

After 1.7m+ turnover I can't confirm anything over 90%. Eve's log showed the same. Can't say about latest period because Im being !!!!! TTwise since December, so I reduced turnover from 150k to 50k at best. Haven't seen such nightmare too.
Have you talked with someone else about their %'s? Would be really interesting to know others results. Trends in mining system can be described with (*) lately, not to mention our real crash economy.

Anyway, GZ on tower, small but at least not a complete crap :)

Good luck

While the MU is mostly shit, except those resources where it is artificially improved by removing resources or limiting them, most important is - TT return %. If it's 90%, most of miners are or will be f-ed because you need at least 111.2% pure MU and that's just a TT calculation. Honestly, 90% nowadays would be a huge joke.

After 1.7m+ turnover I can't confirm anything over 90%. Eve's log showed the same. Can't say about latest period because Im being !!!!! TTwise since December, so I reduced turnover from 150k to 50k at best. Haven't seen such nightmare too.
Have you talked with someone else about their %'s? Would be really interesting to know others results. Trends in mining system can be described with (*) lately, not to mention our real crash economy.

Anyway, GZ on tower, small but at least not a complete crap :)

Good luck

Yeah i regularly talk to two other miners.. they're returns resemble mine to be honest... 95-102%... not sure whether that has to do with confining ourselves to indoor mining or if the system just doesn't track returns over a substantial period of time.. assuming returns are tracked at all.

Arguably if there is no personal factor (which my data says there is) then you could theoretically mine only at the right times, indoors, with mid-size amps, and profit thousands of ped per month in TT...

An alternative hypothesis is that I am now "leveling out" to 90-95%.. this would be most unfortunate and I'm hoping this isn't the case because I really don't wanna spend months and months getting back my losses at 1% profit/month.

Really it's all speculation... but my theories and decisions will be shaped by my observations.. My current takeaway is that I really should avoid mining the latter 3 weeks of each month and just mine from the 1st to the 7th and see what happens.

Cant say much about other professions, but I personally have no doubt about, so called, personal loot pool no matter where I mine. 4 1.5k hofs on planet or 6k tower indoors, I have no doubt about balancing hofs. What I doubt is return % and dry periods which is frustrating and boring like nothing.

Maybe, and just maybe, if someone would found a way to predict multipliers, that might be possible, but I doubt MA wouldn't notice. Sure it's legally possible with DPP in hunting, but not in mining(I think/hope).

Thats what I thought. I had a nice 4 months of 75% after hitting 27k. Hopefully thats not the case and MA have enough sense to adjust returns according to reality(partially created by them).

If something works, why change it :)

Good luck!

Time will tell..

I'll continue to mine until I've made back the remaining ~14k TT I lost in March.. however I make it back and however long it takes.. I'll stay indoors though... bankroll permitting.

Was at ~4100 ped profit after the tower..

in three days i've given back 2600 ped of that... these 49% returns gotta stop.

heading to ark to do a 20-30 amp run once my resources sell.. either i tower or i'm going outdoors and working back the 15k ped 3k per month at a time.

per the numbers.. compared with the numbers of other miners... a 20k of should be coming my way... but i'm not that optimistic.. it's likely closer to 12-14k if it comes at all.

Yeah i regularly talk to two other miners.. they're returns resemble mine to be honest... 95-102%... not sure whether that has to do with confining ourselves to indoor mining or if the system just doesn't track returns over a substantial period of time.. assuming returns are tracked at all.

Arguably if there is no personal factor (which my data says there is) then you could theoretically mine only at the right times, indoors, with mid-size amps, and profit thousands of ped per month in TT...

An alternative hypothesis is that I am now "leveling out" to 90-95%.. this would be most unfortunate and I'm hoping this isn't the case because I really don't wanna spend months and months getting back my losses at 1% profit/month.

Really it's all speculation... but my theories and decisions will be shaped by my observations.. My current takeaway is that I really should avoid mining the latter 3 weeks of each month and just mine from the 1st to the 7th and see what happens.

From my data I am 100% sure that personal TT cycle tracking is a thing, but I have no evidence to support long term tracking/compensation that can't be explained by the law of averages. In the end I think long grinds just tend to yield stable results through large multipliers, roughly bringing you into the 92%-102% range. The tracking may be playing a role in this, but I don't think it "guarantees" you anything.

Either way, Markup is trash atm. Auctions move too slow. Not fun. If I ever started playing seriously again I would probably stick to hunting as well. It's less annoying.

From my data I am 100% sure that personal TT cycle tracking is a thing, but I have no evidence to support long term tracking/compensation that can't be explained by the law of averages. In the end I think long grinds just tend to yield stable results through large multipliers, roughly bringing you into the 92%-102% range. The tracking may be playing a role in this, but I don't think it "guarantees" you anything.

Either way, Markup is trash atm. Auctions move too slow. Not fun. If I ever started playing seriously again I would probably stick to hunting as well. It's less annoying.

The statistics are there.. i'm just under bankroll.. a 25k bankroll is nowhere near sufficient for 4 ped/drop indoor mining. I lost 26k alone in october.. and that was after markup.

I knew I was taking a chance when i came back, and I'm sure I could keep going and eventually square up, i'm just not sure the risk is worth it since outdoor conditions are improving. It will definitely be interesting to see if I make up the lost TT outdoors. I've never really tested it to be honest.

Was at ~4100 ped profit after the tower..

in three days i've given back 2600 ped of that... these 49% returns gotta stop.

in my eyes your overall tt is still to high, it will go down to 90-91% , so u have to expect another 15k loss

Back