Mining in PVP - Lyst Paradise

Bear

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Georg Bear Mavel
Is it only me or is PVP4 now mostly stuffed with Lyst?

That would make PVP mining absolute useless - high risk - no gain...

It might be like that the temporary there is nothing more due to others pvp minerals pool has been depleted. Then you get most common ore as replacement ;)

It might be like that the temporary there is nothing more due to others pvp minerals pool has been depleted. Then you get most common ore as replacement ;)

No, i can´t see that. I used to mine there a lot. Now its 90% Lyst - no matter what time or if i meet others around.

Item caps on stuff like Pyrite will have been reached. Someone is hoarding for some reason :)

Item caps on stuff like Pyrite will have been reached. Someone is hoarding for some reason :)

There isnt and never was cap on pyri. Now pyri on wave, once removed ppl will tower on it

There isnt and never was cap on pyri. Now pyri on wave, once removed ppl will tower on it

Pyrite must have a very low frequency wave. Last year around this time I could mine and almost never hit Lyst. It's not that I dont find any Pyrite, but should I need Lyst at the moment, PvP4 would be the place to go (at last for me)

There's a TT cap on all resources buuuuuuddy.

It's definitely wave based, but I don't hit it reliably even within a wave. So either the resource distribution has shifted and/or pyrite cap is extremely low atm.

I hit a ton of lyst when I was there a few hrs ago. bloody terrible.

There's a TT cap on all resources buuuuuuddy.

Correct. It's how they balance.

X gets the square...

"Budddy" u r wrong, atomic is somewhat right but still wrong. They balance by puttin shitz on wave. Its like 100-200 peds pyr 'spawns' each wave, so its actually 'TT capped' but not by how majority thinks. Its irrelevant how much pyri are hoarded up by players.

"Budddy" u r wrong, atomic is somewhat right but still wrong. They balance by puttin shitz on wave. Its like 100-200 peds pyr 'spawns' each wave, so its actually 'TT capped' but not by how majority thinks. Its irrelevant how much pyri are hoarded up by players.

I also think it works this way. It seems silly to allow hoarding to influence the economy. Pyrite appears to have a very low cap for whatever reason - Could this be influenced by the total TT that exists on server? Only MA balancing team knows that.

Do hunters get less ESIs when there are so many top end hunters stacking them up? I don't believe so.

So most likely all that matters is activity/competition during the wave periods. But that begs another question, are these "wave-caps" tied to location, (or mobs, in hunting), or universe-wide?

well there certainly is a cap on items. why wouldnt they use the same system they allready got and put a cap on certain ressources to ensure their value. for example ruga is hyper rare and dunkel basically hasnt dropped in ages while i was getting it very frequently around 6 years ago

Maybe recent changes cause i remember i hadly ever looted any lyst from players back when i used to live in there. If the miners arent telling all then whoever the regular pkers in there are these days might have a good idea.

well there certainly is a cap on items. why wouldnt they use the same system they allready got and put a cap on certain ressources to ensure their value. for example ruga is hyper rare and dunkel basically hasnt dropped in ages while i was getting it very frequently around 6 years ago

Yeah good point about Dunkel. If it was simply a distribution reduction, someone would still hit it eventually. But it seems to either be gone entirely or only be available if current existing Dunkel is recycled back into the system.

It's possible pyrite also works this way. I don't think anyone has the full answer yet.

TT cap is a leftard myth. Regardless of what your local bernie told you, the balancing system is NOT concerned with denying you Good Stuff. It is concerned with distributing friggin server load. If one server is being mined considerably more than average, it restricts something to drive you away. (Unfortunately, most people are unable to get the message.)

This is about correct. The system however isn't well built and may react by restricting an entirely different resource from what is being mined. This often happens on Cyrene - someone comes and mines a shipload of zorn and iridium, and suddenly hazy crystal goes into 'wave mode'.

Long story short - if you want pyrite to drop again, go and mine other servers more.

Ok, I'm not, but Ok.

Items have a value cap (in the case of stackables & limited) or a integer cap (in the case of physical items).

The fact that they come in waves is irrelevant... there is likely a limit per wave (as is the case with mushrooms, 1 per wave) but if the overall cap is reached, there will be no chance of spawn.

There's a few ways you can test this definitively if you were so inclined.

There's a few ways you can test this definitively if you were so inclined.

As someone who mined pvp for years and someone who actually knows what hes talkin about, im not inclined to do any tests. When MA removes pyri from wave, ppl will uber n tower for a while then when MA thinks its enough, they put bck on wave. Happened quite a few times past years (hence the mu spikes from 130 to 200%). Pyri wont stop spawning no matter how much is hoarded, but they just change to spawn less n less on waves

as someone who mined pvp for years and someone who actually knows what hes talkin about, im not inclined to do any tests. When ma removes pyri from wave, ppl will uber n tower for a while then when ma thinks its enough, they put bck on wave. Happened quite a few times past years (hence the mu spikes from 130 to 200%). Pyri wont stop spawning no matter how much is hoarded, but they just change to spawn less n less on waves

ok :) ! ! !

Ever since the rugaritz tower I doubt there is such thing as a cap. Some probabilities, sure, but that's it. And is not the first resource to be doctored with lyst. Duru, niks, erdorium just to name a few instantly, all had been there. Initially, all resource were distributed static. So in each run +-10% you could say what you'd get, save for the odd global/hof (until end of 2006 or so). Then they made waves between the resources of the same field (2007 to around 2011 iirc), but still same resources. Then came the current phase where lyst and oil can be found everywhere. Used to be possible only with rookie finders or blank fields (e.g. white amethera when first opened dropped only lyst and oil for about a week until stabilized to belk/caldo/lanorium etc), but now is in all finders and all fields.

Sorry if my memory fails on actual dates, but pretty much these were the stages.

On another note, 400 ped of lyst in pvp4, now that would be awesome :laugh:

Last edited:
I feel like its time bring this back to life lol :laugh:

selling pyrite 333%:silly2:

selling pyrite 333%:silly2:

That's it?

I'd be asking a lot more. But who knows, MA will probably fuck with resource distributions again once it's favorable to do so.

Really getting tired of MA dabbling in resource distributions... we never had shit like this happen before 2015.

Time PVP4 mining next wave after u see people crafting items that use Pyrite. :)

Time PVP4 mining next wave after u see people crafting items that use Pyrite. :)

Because someone can craft 15-20k TT of pyrite in an hour?

MA purposely fucked with distribution to their own advantage (or someone with 20k TT of pyrite got liquidated).

Shady as fuck and I don't like it one bit. I'm going to request some information in a support case.

Disclosure: I don't and haven't mined pyrite, nor do I craft/use damage enhancers.

Back