One more point of view about gameplay

Akasha

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Akash Akashaxi Xi
After 9 years of playing it is finally came a time that I should say something.
I have been content in the past (Maybe 5 years ago) as a regular player. I have to say and stop you all beforehand- I never dreamt to profit from this, my biggest loot was 2k back in 2009, never got a rare item or anything spectacular, and I never complained. I never went for "big-uber" player status, I don't care about it, so I did sell some skills in other to sustain my game-play. All I ever wanted was to play. I loved this game, the style, the environment, back in past - the music was great, so mining, hunting sometimes crafting was fulfilling and calming.I depoed and I could play maybe half a month from it, sometimes even a whole month. Few years back this changed...depoe's can't last more then 2 days.I made a pause and played MMO's like guild wars and such, but I never found that feeling that I get from this game. It was nowhere to be found. Was it nostalgia...I don't know.

Anyway I started depositing few times a month back in July...I wont go into(I haven't hoffed for very long time, hard to get globals and so on)...it was enough for me to get a decent return...but no, whatever I did I would immediately spend my depo in 1-2 runs. So I went for eco hunt, small stuff, pixie armor and so on....Well,the results are disastrous...
Conclusion, of course there will be people who don't have this kind of problems, because they are having either decent returns or depo heavily in order to pursuit some goal as in "Your time will come"-a sentence I heard a long time ago, back when I started to play. Ofc even if my time did come, I would spent it probably all in the game, but all I was or am interested in is to play without depoing mindboggling quantities of money into this game.
As for noobs, yes there is always a chance to get that big hof or ath...but that is all that is- a chance...maybe 1% of newbies will experience that, but is this what keeps us, regular players going on? No it isnt...it is the love for this game,pure exploration of its universe and generally
enjoying it.
I read this on planet calypso intro "While other MMORPGs may monetize your experience through a subscription fee or an item mall, only a handful of games offer the players an opportunity to withdraw their in-game funds at any time."
Did you even think that there is a bunch of players that never made a withdrawal,and also are only interested into game-play, not investing or striving to be the uber player of them all?

Don't even try to argue this is better then sub based MMO or f2p model like gw2...in gw2 you can get for 45$ unlimited game-play until the next expansion comes out...they usually go for 2 years. Ofc you can find decent discounts there, as some web-shops sell it for 25$.
Eso-elder scrolls online- it is free unless you want the expansion which will cost you around 20$ or you can pay sub (and get it all unlocked )which is around 12$.

So we see shift in mmo market, and yet a downfall in entropia...a model which is we take from other players to give to others..so the middle, regular players are screwed but this time beyond playable mode.

So what is there left for a regular player(who spends all his budget for a month in 2 hours of game-play) in entropia beside going back to sweating, searching for fruit(which will probably become obsolete) and I seriously believe that no one who will argue this post wouldn't go himself and do these boring things....it was ok maybe in past when sweat was 6ped/kg, but now its pure slave-labor...and I cannot call it game-play...So beside this, what is left when you spend your depo in a day or 2?
Ah yeah I know to go and play some other game or even a single-player like witcher....or maybe read a book or watch some movies....
This all is very sad
So how in hell am I suppose to say to any newcomer..."oh yeah this is great"
Sadly after 9 + years I cannot even tell it to myself...
So before you open your mouth and start attacking me and using whining and stuff,because there is nothing mature or even constructive for you to say about it, because you either have no experience in other games or you have some kind of agenda as in being in some kind of favor. Mind this- I don't care, this is my experience and I tell it because I have my own mind and right to tell things as they are.So without any exaggeration, that is just the way it is from my perspective, so if you cannot respect other opinions then there is really nothing for you here.... I wont even go to how my ex*soc mates stopped playing one by one- just for same reasons...

Cheers

How much do you depo since it last two days of puny hunting? 20ped?

How much do you depo since it last two days of puny hunting? 20ped?

From the sound of the OP's post however much it was per month won't continue.

From a personal viewpoint it seems the forum is much less active than it used to be, maybe people using somewhere else but seems very quiet.

Last edited:
I think MA made a critical mistake listening to their player base a few years back.

Everyone kept demanding cheaper play, cheaper items, cheaper this cheaper that. So they gave it to them. Unlimited items are in a free fall, everyone has access to super eco L items with 110% MU at most and nobody gets stuck having to use a weapon 20 levels below their current skill level.

But now the game is boring. Everyone loses now. The smart noob that previously could make a great living in game and advance quickly by watching the market and mob drops is now stuck losing ped just like everyone else.

Those that bitched about losing ped? They are still losing ped and still bitching.

From a personal viewpoint it seems the forum is much less active than it used to be, maybe people using somewhere else but seems very quiet.

It's stopped recently, but a while back there was complete over-moderation here and a lot of regulars were banned. They moved to entropia planets, arkadia forum, cyrene forum etc.

On topic, I've yet to see someone produce a log with shocking returns - without doing something blatantly wrong.

Show me a log of a player hunting at their level, with regular eco (L) stuff, and then show me a monthly deposit ($40-50) lasting 2 days.

Additionally, people need to be realistic with what they expect here (or MA needs to manage expectations better) - millions visit Vegas every year, millions lose their ass in Vegas every year, and the next year, a lot of those people will return. Everyone knows in the long term, only a few will ever "live" off the gambling losses of the many... Once you view Entropia like that, the whole challenge (and draw / entertainment) is about becoming a player who is skilled enough, smart enough, dedicated enough to live from the losses of others. You will never beat MA, but you might beat other players...

If you compare Entropia to other games it's probably the worst deal out there. I paid $25 for ESO and I'm having a blast. Never paid another penny and enjoying 20+ hours per week. When I played Eve it was $15 per month for unlimited play.

If you compare Entropia to some other forms of entertainment then Entropia can be a good value. For what you might spend out at the pub on a Saturday night you can play Entropia for a month pretty easily. For what it costs to gear up a car for racing at the local track then you can play at an uber level in Entropia.

So its all about what you're comparing. Netflix is a better deal then Entropia by far for entertainment. But Entropia is probably a better value than spending Saturday night at a decent bar.

Reactions: San

Or we're too busy playing something else :laugh:

I am totally with you. I haven't played as long, but close enough. I have almost quit in the last year - and didn't think I ever would. I just continued to have the same experience as you described over and over and over. I tried other things, I gathered fruit, I finished the puny mission, I hunted Vixens on RT with eco weapons/naked, I even "camped" BOTH rigs for oil. I found that I could get some play or peds back from doing these activities but they were SLOOOW and boring. I could spend hours and hours to get 100 peds, or save my time and deposit 10 bucks. But that 10 bucks would be used up in an hour or less. It just no longer makes sense with my time, life, and budget. MA just never makes any significant changes to address the issue of cost to play IMO. They make some new content here and there, which one could argue is often half implemented or poor choices. I continue to feel and be shown that my money, time, and commitment to the game is not valued by the company that I dish out these things to.
I'm just not sure what else to do? I popped in and spent some money during migration, then came back and had some fun on Atrox Queens and other shared loot mobs. But quickly back to square one - and I'm not here bitching about depositing - I've done TONS of it over the years, I'm not against it. Just for whatever reason that I can't point to one specific thing, my money no longer lasts - and IMO no matter what I do.
Games continue to advance with new ones coming out all the time (nothing new), however these games offer hundreds of hours of great game play for $30-60. I play BDO currently. I've played it for 1500 hours (logged in anyhow) and spent $30 - and it's a good game. I can spend 30 in 1.5 hours in EU - and trust me I love EU, but how can you compete with that?
I don't know what the answer is, but I just had to add my 2 pecs and say I am right with the OP.
I just sit and wait, read the forum, and hope for the day that MA sells the game to someone who will make it right again.

On topic, I've yet to see someone produce a log with shocking returns - without doing something blatantly wrong.

Show me a log of a player hunting at their level, with regular eco (L) stuff, and then show me a monthly deposit ($40-50) lasting 2 days.

Show me how you want me to make a log, and what gear you think I should use - and I will EASILY show you how that deposit last a few days. I've had easily seen the average of $10 an hour.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?273519-How-To-Survive!

I´m just gonna leave this here. Follow the advices and play within your budget and you will make your money last. I can even give you this favor, so you don´t even need to visit the topic.

Hunting TipDescription
No. 1Added hunting tips to carry throughout your hunting career.
No. 2Hunt lowest maturity mobs! This reduces loot volatility greatly.
No. 3Hunt up to 3000 kills of mobs! This allows volatility to even out.
No. 4Ensure PED balance can kill 3000+ mobs before loot complaints.
No. 5Use armour to begin building up defence skills is more beneficial.
No. 6Ensure that you avoid any over amping and reducing any overkill.
No. 7Use teams to make kills cheaper on att/def decay but hunt longer.
No. 8Avoid using melee to skill up and hunt unless you're privy to melee.
No. 9Only sell your loot once you have gone through your balance for loot.

Last edited:
Back