look what my daughter found in her schoolbooks!

theProphet

Prowler
Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
this is out of an austrian english schoolbook for 8th grade gymnasium, basically the year of school leaving examination. for my daughter it wasn't that unfamiliar to hear "entropia" or "neverdie", since both her parents play EU for over a decade, so she did show it to us and we all were like WTF!!! :confused: :scratch2:

:laugh: :wise: :eyecrazy:

quite a funny read :)

"$10000 might seem quite a sum for an egg"

"people will be happy to pay good money to enter his club and see it"

"They did manage, but they had no money to make it happen"

"Other ways of earning a living..."

"...with no money at all, although it is by spending cash that you really expand your options."

"body piercings as well as an infinite number of hairstyles"

:lolup:

Last edited:
Who's gonna say after this that MA has a bad marketing department :D

Now they need to slip that into ABC books, hook them up early.

Haaaah fantastic.

So, which one of the authors is ONE OF US?

quick google search of the title found a few hits :)

Explaining the modern world, alright. I mean this is cute, but in context a bit strange. There is hardly enough time to explain the real world to them kids, but maybe they don't want to...? Educated people are dangerous in a democracy.

After 20 years of school essays being made by search-copy-paste, it's no surprise school books are now made the same way. :)

This probably Neverdie's doing... :scratch2:

Explaining the modern world, alright. I mean this is cute, but in context a bit strange. There is hardly enough time to explain the real world to them kids, but maybe they don't want to...? Educated people are dangerous in a democracy.
It doesn't attempt to explain anything, it's a standard task of "comprehend a text on an obscure matter, match headings to paragraphs / answer a couple questions". The topic might as well have been history of Bolivia or invertebrate biology. :)

It doesn't attempt to explain anything, it's a standard task of "comprehend a text on an obscure matter, match headings to paragraphs / answer a couple questions". The topic might as well have been history of Bolivia or invertebrate biology. :)

I know that, too, now several decades out of school. But how does a child grok this? Being able to distinguish content from the purpose for presenting it is a higher level of abstraction usually achieved much later. (Edit- rest deleted, maybe an argument too many here. We want to be proud of Entropia appearing in a school book.)

Last edited:
Who's gonna say after this that MA has a bad marketing department :D

Now they need to slip that into ABC books, hook them up early.

We'll just have to wait a generation to see the results :laugh: :yay:

The history of Bolivia is fascinating & leads to the history of South America.

Should be a required topic of study

"Whether he took out a loan in the real world to ..."

:lolup:

WHOA!! That is crazy! Haven't had that reaction to something I've seen on the internet in awhile.

Back