FYI: Lag Spiking Since Patch this Morning

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
Hey all.. just trying to find out if anyone is having ping issues playing EU since the patch this morning.

Speedtest as me at 19ms ping 75up/20down so I know the problem isn't on my end. Other games have no ping troubles, so it's a problem with communication between my internet and EU servers.

If anyone else is having troubles with this and has any observations to note please let me know. I'm compiling info for a support case now.

You could do a trace route to "login.entropiauniverse.com" or any of their main servers (I forgot the IPs). Alternatively use something like PingPlotter or similar.

I can also advice to use google dns servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

I'm not having any issues btw.

Cheers.

You could do a trace route to "login.entropiauniverse.com" or any of their main servers (I forgot the IPs). Alternatively use something like PingPlotter or similar.

I can also advice to use google dns servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

I'm not having any issues btw.

Cheers.

I'll try dns changes.. it's just weird in game.. ping gradually increases from 35ms to 1200ms+ the longer i'm in game.

Similar problems on laptop.. no problems in other games though.

Its always done that for me. Normally its at 52 ms and then spikes up anywhere from 300-3000ms. Its MA servers.

Similar problems on laptop.. no problems in other games though.

It could be, and usually is, a problem with intermediate servers between you and EU, so other games don't have to be affected. And so are other entropians who connect to EU through different routes.

No problems here as well.

Lag spikes seem to be happening almost every day for me.

It's part of the dynamic game play :p

Isn't it exciting, wondering if you will still be standing when the spike ends or did the mob you were hunting manage to kill you. FIND OUT WHEN THE LAG ENDS! :D

PS: Am on a 200 mbps unblocked / unthrottled connection, which I have maxed out when downloading stuff / running torrents etc. So I know it's not my connection at all.

123 hp

I love that riot keeps up with their game with constant updates, but last updates seem to have just screwed up networking every time and it doesn't get fixed for several months My ping goes from 35~55 ( before the patch) to 95~ over 9000 (after the patch update this morning). Almost unable to play. Please help! I've noticed lag spikes only after 4.21 but now i cant even play because i have a constant 200+ ping. i was just playing and my ping spiked to a constant 2000 ping. i was playing just fine at 12:30 this morning right before the patch, but now all of a sudden i can t play. and it s not just me i played 2 games and both times multiple people were getting ping spikes too. im pretty sure its something about the patches thats causing it. unless they are just getting ddos'd more and more every new patch which would still be dumb and mean something about the new patches are probably making the job easier.

123 HP

Reworking my dns settings seems to have fixed the problem for now.

Still was the strangest thing I had ever seen. Either related to my config with the windows 10 update.. or the EU update. either way something wasn't playing nice.

Problem is fixed for now.

Can you please tell me how and what have you done to fix it?

Back