Question: Change scaling while in "fullscreen" window mode/borderless window mode

Luna Moon

Mature
Society
Rangers
Lunareth Luna Moon
Hello, recently returned to Entropia and encountered an interesting problem which I haven't managed to solve.

I use two 4k screens and usually like to have netflix or something running while hunting.

The issue I have is that 4k resolution makes a lot of windows and icons very small in EU. Anyone know if there's a way of having it in "borderless window mode" (or whatever it is called when you have fullscreen but can interact with the second screen without it minimizing Entropia).

I managed to find the option to scale up the text at least, but most windows like auction, inventory and the bar with HP and such isn't resizable.

I don't mind playing EU with lower resolution but the borderless window mode seems to use the desktop resolution rather than let you pick.

If I turn it into window mode and use lower resolution it simply makes the screen smaller rather than stretch out to fill the entire screen. Playing in full screen isn't an option either since then it would simply minimize Entropia as soon as I click anywhere on the second screen.

Luxury problem I know, but still would like to have it solved.

/Luna

+1

following this request with interest, since i have the same problem.

I have recently switched to an Ultra wide QHD 34" (3440x1440) and I don't find anything hard to read even though I'm sitting around 80 cm from screen.

As for scaling, only certain UI elements are resizable as you already know.
"fullscreen windowed mode" uses your current resolution.

Although this is an assumption of mine, but perhaps you have a 27" 4k monitor? The pixel density is quite huge, which could make it harder to see than normal.
My advice:
Option 1: Have to manually change to a lower resolution for your desktop each time u run EU (fullscreen widowed mode). That said this ain't recommended because the "crispness" will be gone. Your monitor always looks at its best at its native resolution
Option 2: Sit closer to your display.
Option 3: Get a bigger display.
Option 4: Eyesight checkup.

I have recently switched to an Ultra wide QHD 34" (3440x1440) and I don't find anything hard to read even though I'm sitting around 80 cm from screen.

As for scaling, only certain UI elements are resizable as you already know.
"fullscreen windowed mode" uses your current resolution.

Although this is an assumption of mine, but perhaps you have a 27" 4k monitor? The pixel density is quite huge, which could make it harder to see than normal.
My advice:
Option 1: Have to manually change to a lower resolution for your desktop each time u run EU (fullscreen widowed mode). That said this ain't recommended because the "crispness" will be gone. Your monitor always looks at its best at its native resolution
Option 2: Sit closer to your display.
Option 3: Get a bigger display.
Option 4: Eyesight checkup.

28" 4k screen, and checked my eyesight two weeks ago. :)

I get what you are saying and I guess I'll just have to hope Mindark optimize the ui for newer screens.

Actually started getting used to it now, still wouldn't mind being able to resize some of the screens.

/Luna

Also would be useful, if game will rescale in case if I have two displays with different resolutions.

I use two 4k screens and usually like to have netflix or something running while hunting.

/Luna

A little offtopic, but doing what you are doing and many others including me and you will be called a booter:eek:

not sure if it'll help with your particular problem but check this out... (it helped with making compet a little window, and I think it'll work with eu too)

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11799/turn-non-resizeable-windows-into-rezieable-windows/

Thanks for the tip, but it is not the size of the window that is the issue, but the ingame scaling of UI when using 4k resolution.

Edit: then again it might actually work if it doesn't rescale when maximising the window with this software.

A little offtopic, but doing what you are doing and many others including me and you will be called a booter:eek:

Not sure what you mean, but if it is "botting" then you got it completely wrong since I manually play and don't use any third party software. I actually loathe people who cheat, bot, exploit glitches and i.e. vtol hunt.

So...no way to do this? I just got an Alienware 13 with 1440p resolution on a 13" display and maaaaan is some of the text in Entropia tiny. My old laptop was also 13" but only had a 1366x768 max native resolution, so quite the difference.

Back