Help: returning player-weapon refresh info needed

Flaushat

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Hey,
Been a few years since I've walked these lands, and currently have a bit of a time for roaming around again.
So wanted to do a bit of hunting (as i don't plan to devote any more than the occasional time, so not looking for long haul, mining would be too boring and waste of fun time), but so much changed that i don't know anymore.
Since Argos were always generous to me in the past,was planning on camping them for a bit, but it seems that Korsses (350/400 which i used to use) are not to be found anymore in auction :D

So i want to ask you which would be the best current day weapon for a lvl 38 laaser pistoleer or lvl33 blp pistoleer
(by best i mean as eco as possible) to go for Argos , all maturities?

Thank you in advance!

First of all, you should base what you hunt on your evader level, hp and your budget if you want to stay eco.

Secondly, the loot system has changed somewhat so those weekly 10k ubers on argos are basically gone. The current system gives more even returns.

The Korsses are indeed gone, if you want to go the limited weapon route there are loads of alternatives but Im not an expert on those so I'll leave that to someone else. When I hunt argos I usually go melee (great variety of swords, longblades etc) in unlimited version at very fair prices with great eco as well. So I suggest looking into that if you have some melee skills.

The unlimited ranged weapons in that range are pretty pricey in comparision to melee weapons in the same range and the market for those weapons is in a bit of turmoil atm so even if you invest a few K in an unlimited ranged weapon you might lose a lot of that since more and more weapons are being introduced.

A new addition to the game is the buff system, rings and other items that adds several different things but the best ones improves your eco quite a bit. It might be worthwile to get an Imp Ares if you intend to stay for a while.

Lastly, argos might not be the best option in terms of mobs to hunt. There are many new planets and other mobs on caly as well that might be better in terms of return.

Gl out there

huh, looks like everything changed dramatically from what you say. But thank you for the hints Hatten.
I suck at swords, so i don't think i'll go that way, at least not atm, and don't wish to invest in UL , as my sessions will be just for fun, once in a while.
Back in the days I was using Entropedia to do most of my decisions, but seems to be down nowadays.
Any other site out there replacing it and doing the same job?

Last edited:
huh, looks like everything changed dramatically from what you say. But thank you for the hints Hatten.
I suck at swords, so i don't think i'll go that way, at least not atm, and don't wish to invest in UL , as my sessions will be just for fun, once in a while.
Back in the days I was using Entropedia to do most of my decisions, but seems to be down nowadays.

E.l.m weapons might be something if you want to keep your investment as low as possible. They have superlow decay but uses more ammo instead. Other option is getting an Xent tech x2 or x3 rifle, the x3 with an amp has very nice eco but it might lack the dmg for killing argos.

Entropedia has been a bit shakey lately, hopefully it will be back up soon. Seems like people are trying to come up with alternatives but there is nothing close to entropedia just yet.

Use this http://eldslott.org/entropia/

Have a look into the CDF Daily Token pistols. They combine decent dps with near-top eco at your (and my) level. Optionally, the BLP ones accept Dante amp til we reach level 40, then Evil.

At level 30 to 35 BLP Pistoleer the top DPP pistol is one of the Adventure (L) pistols, but I've never seen one. Binary Mayhem are not too far down the list, but an amped Enigma gets better dpp, and markup on Mayhem guns runs high. The story of Photonic Mayhem is similar.

I've been getting a lot of use out of the Ozpyn LPX-P* (L) series of laser pistols. At our level, lasers have pretty much stabilized to a very slowly changing selection of top dpp guns, making UL a worthwhile investment IFF the gun's dpp is good enough. I'd direct you to entropiawiki.com's Weapons page, but it's down as often as it is up - if you use it, be sure to check Skill Based and enter your professional standings, the page adjusts its "dpp" (damage per PEC) figure accordingly, taking most of the work out of eco comparison.

The top of the dpp chart is still all lasers at our level, but the actual difference from the top to the best BLP isn't very big.

I do have expert-level knowledge of (L) guns below level 40, and next to no knowledge above 40. I'll go find my 30-35 chart and share its top picks. As always, markup% is everything with (L).

Re: What to hunt: First pick your gear, then hunt what your gear will handle. There are a great many "good" mobs now, allowing a hunter to tune their hunt much more closely to their gear; closing a gap slightly using efficient armor is a reasonable approach. Secondly, the classic high-performance mobs (argo et al) no longer perform any better than other mobs, though they continue to offer unique mob dynamics such as hp, regen, how likely they are to swarm you, etc allowing a hunter a huge degree of control over the feel of the game. I encourage you to wait til one of the days on which entropedia isn't down, find an efficient pistol+amp combination of either type, also grab a tagger with over 75 range and a low markup, then add armor or not, depending on your style; and then sample various mobs until you find one you enjoy. It's also worth noting that the machanics of many mobs have changed a lot over the past few years - argos may or may not work the way they used to (I'm not an argo hunter myself so I don't know).

The Modec, Mirath, Kallous, and Herman lines are some examples of taggers whose mechanics are fun enough to make them worth using. CalyTrek also seem to be pretty good - I'm still play testing them and making up my mind.

Footnote: How hard a tagger hits doesn't seem to matter very much. Mobs now respond more to how many times they've been hit than to how much damage they've taken, reliably responding on the first or second hit. I've dropped small mobs below 50% of their hp on the first hit and had them ignore me xD

Hat off to you Lefty, thank you very much for taking the time and willingness to reply so concise. I'll have a better look a bit later when the time will suffice and i'm sure i'm gonna benefit from your advice.

Back