Notice regarding ToU changes

Most online games that I know of save data forever, provided that they haven't shut the servers down. People with an active account would be more likely to rejoin knowing their old character was preserved. I've successfully rejoined games over 10+ years after I've quit. Server space is irrelevant; the contents of most character data would be a few MBs at most.

What about:
-military duty
-prison (guilty or not)
-extended hospital stay
-major computer failure
-catastrophe (hurricane/earthquake)
-divorce (spouse owns computer)
-homelessness

Now you are talking exteme circumstances in the 0.001% percentile minority. Do you honestly think that a company should bend over backwards for an extreme minority?

Now you are talking exteme circumstances in the 0.001% percentile minority. Do you honestly think that a company should bend over backwards for an extreme minority?

Bit extreme response "bend over backwards"

No one asked MA to employ lawyers to go on an "asset grab", and no one asked them to erode customer protection.

It's quite simple really; I and many others paid MA lots of real money for items, helped feed their families, buy them coffee, probably pay for castles, executive homes and boats....and all we ask in return is they don't press delete if someones ava holds considerable value.

I get it though: It's pretty clear to me MA don't want players taking long breaks and building up a fat dividend off any deeds. They want them in game spending it as much as possible.

I will not worry about what I cannot control. That doesn't mean I agree with it, it just means I'll live with it as I tip-toe through the broken glass.

Rick

Bit extreme response "bend over backwards"

No one asked MA to employ lawyers to go on an "asset grab", and no one asked them to erode customer protection.

We don't know if they were asked or not. Very well could be part of the conditions of the new banking license.

We don't know if they were asked or not. Very well could be part of the conditions of the new banking license.

Lot of speculation in this thread but sionkiewicz is spot on.

100.000% get a 'knock on the door' someday.

(Even if you are enjoying a dinner party at the time)

The rationale for any form of insurance is not the estimated likelihood of something happening, but whether the consequences would be ruinous.

In the matter discussed here, nobody is asked to "bend over backwards" to accomodate the wishes of a small minority. Quite the opposite, it is only asked to leave them be. It was indicated that some regulation won't let them do that, and letting us know more than a vague hint about this would cut out all the speculation at once. Rules coming down from governments aren't trade secrets. Why can't anyone just communicate clearly?

It's really not much to ask you to spend 30 seconds ever 90 days to log into your account to keep it active. I don't see the problem.

Yes, considering the value invested in accounts based on the whole RCE promiss (with the "you can withdraw at any time" aspect being an important one... mind you, I am ignoring the ridiculous long handling time of withdrawals too).

As a guild leader of a guild in an MMO with 500+ members, I have seen every one of those scenarios:

-at least a dozen sent me an email stating they were going to be away for awhile on active military duty
-at least 3 were incarcerated
-about a half dozen had an extended hospital stay. Several of our guild members were in their eighties. Really sharp players considering their age.
-I lost count of the number of people who had major computer problems
-several were in a major catastrophe (hurricane/earthquake)
-at least one guy lost his computer in a divorce. That was entertaining seeing the fireworks when he finally got a new computer running, and she was online in the same guild.
-one guy was homeless but he obtained a laptop, logged in after about a year or so from a wi-fi at a local hotspot
-as the guild leader, I myself had my own extreme circumstances, and was unable to log in to any account for over 6 months. What if it had been longer?
That is only the ones that I know about. That is not including the ones who have died, or the hundreds who went MIA for unknown reasons, over the years.

Do you still think that is .001% percentile minority? Seems to me that 1 in 100,000 is WAY off the mark. Do you think any of those people deserved to have their account deleted? What if they had significant sums of money deposited? Sorry about your extended hospital stay, here's a nice welcoming back present, we've deleted your account. :handjob:

I am 100% certain that I am not the only person who feels that any urge to deposit a large sum to invest in something big (ie, land area) diminishes infinitely when reading terms like this. Maybe if the time was lengthened, or deletion was removed altogether (5 years at least) you would probably see higher confidence, and a significantly higher amount of deposits.

Last edited:
As a guild leader of a guild in an MMO with 500+ members, I have seen every one of those scenarios:

-at least a dozen sent me an email stating they were going to be away for awhile on active military duty
-at least 3 were incarcerated
-about a half dozen had an extended hospital stay. Several of our guild members were in their eighties. Really sharp players considering their age.
-I lost count of the number of people who had major computer problems
-several were in a major catastrophe (hurricane/earthquake)
-at least one guy lost his computer in a divorce. That was entertaining seeing the fireworks when he finally got a new computer running, and she was online in the same guild.
-one guy was homeless but he obtained a laptop, logged in after about a year or so from a wi-fi at a local hotspot
-as the guild leader, I myself had my own extreme circumstances, and was unable to log in to any account for over 6 months. What if it had been longer?
That is only the ones that I know about. That is not including the ones who have died, or the hundreds who went MIA for unknown reasons, over the years.

Do you still think that is .001% percentile minority? Seems to me that 1 in 100,000 is WAY off the mark. Do you think any of those people deserved to have their account deleted? What if they had significant sums of money deposited? Sorry about your extended hospital stay, here's a nice welcoming back present, we've deleted your account. :handjob:

I am 100% certain that I am not the only person who feels that any urge to deposit a large sum to invest in something big (ie, land area) diminishes infinitely when reading terms like this. Maybe if the time was lengthened, or deletion was removed altogether (5 years at least) you would probably see higher confidence, and a significantly higher amount of deposits.

-->totally agree with this...

I also know ppl who had large pc probs , no money to buy a new one instant, problem with internet provider ,divorce...etc..
they also had no real possibiliy to log in for 2 months +...

and for me its also clear that i wont put much more money into this , because of changing several things ingame in the past and now this tou .. i lost quite some trust in this company and it looks like the that this was not the end of changes giving disadvantiges to ppl...

Eddie

If a player knows they'll be away for an extended period of time, I'll bet by letting MA know they'd extend the time, same as it has been in the past.
Login EU website and file a support case (lol), or maybe let MA know by email/fax/write/phone/facebook/tweet/ship's morse code/carrier pigeon/yodeling really loudly/singing telegram/etc.

It is amusing how it's generally the low depositing players kicking up a stank here...

correct..everyone has his/her own opinion.....and since you know all eu players you know who is a low depo and who is a high depo player ...
but there are also some "low" depositors like me which only have some k Euros on it also but atm less than 10k euro.....depending on what you think is low...

and i think some "high" depo players think also similar...but dont write here...3 high depo players from my soc are already leaving...and pressed the withdraw button...

correct..everyone has his/her own opinion.....and since you know all eu players you know who is a low depo and who is a high depo player ...
but there are also some "low" depositors like me which only have some k Euros on it also but atm less than 10k euro.....depending on what you think is low...

and i think some "high" depo players think also similar...but dont write here...3 high depo players from my soc are already leaving...and pressed the withdraw button...

Because of this? Or because it's their "time" to withdraw and you're using this as an excuse to discuss their situations?

10k EU isn't low in cash terms, but in terms of being relative here, no, it's low.

I'm talking, those who built their lives around EU, those who would lose their businesses, their income, their everything if they lost their accounts - none of them are complaining.

It seems it's just the casual players who would log in occasionally. But hey, what do I know - I was told I was a stupid "cvnt" when "everyone" left in 2008.

Odd the game is still here 6 years later...

i was not talking about the business ppl here...they log in almost every day..because eu is their "working place"
for those ppl nothing changes in this terms..

yes i was talking about some casual players/or "event players" who log in once in some weeks/months who used to cycle a hell of money/went on bigger teamhunts ,own good gear etc..
and yes ..due to the amount/type of changes...if you put it in this way...their time has come..

Last edited:
for me i depo more than 10k and that probly per year i wouldnt like my account deleted

all i can see is there probly alot of account players not playing oh look there like 6 million dollars more or less poeple have in there in there account if we can make it desapear majig trick its all ours after

there no reson deleting accounts

It seems it's just the casual players who would log in occasionally. But hey, what do I know - I was told I was a stupid "cvnt" when "everyone" left in 2008.

Or even 8 years later.

Or even 8 years later.

Don't mind me, but...after reading that....it sorta reminds me of some disclaimer I've always read before somewhere...

Ah yes...

"...past performance is not an indicator of future performance..."

One always have to keep that in mind as well.

(Not to say that it will or will not happen...but rather just that you need to keep these things in perspective and be aware of your own judgements and what you do with your money.)

:dunce: <--- Referring to my own dumb way of saying things and not to anyone in particular. (Kindda like another version of "my two pecs".)

Back